Film Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Mysty, Apr 6, 2014.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

So, guess who's been spotted on the Age of Ultron set that we had no clue would be involved?

B.J. Britt.

AOS IN AOU CONFIRMED?

2. Ghost King's Apprentice

That makes me wonder if they're ever going to reveal to the Avengers that he's not dead anymore...
    I doubt it but you can always hope :\

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Could have sworn it was already mentioned, but I can't find it. Wilson Fisk, a.k.a. the Kingpin has been cast for Daredevil. Vincent D'Onofrio of Law and Order: Criminal Intent fame (Detective Goren) has been cast. I'm really excited. Granted, though I've seen his other movies long ago, I only really know him as Goren and the gravitas he has in a room, well, it'll be interesting to see him in that role. He has some big shoes to fill from Michael Clarke Duncan's performance so many years back, but I'm sure D'Onofrio is up for it. Still disappointed that Michael C. Hall didn't up as Daredevil, but we'll see.
    http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/daredevil-vincent-donofrio-cast-as-wilson-fisk-marvel-netflix/

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

On the subject of casting, Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club; Fight Club; Thirty Seconds to Mars) is in talks to play Doctor Strange, with Jon Spaihts in talks to write the script. [x]

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Rosario Dawson (Sin City; Men in Black II; Rent) has been cast in an unspecified role in Daredevil. While unspecified, however, the role was described as:
    source

6. Ghost King's Apprentice

So Elden Henson has been cast as Foggy Nelson

Haha I got it before tale did

I have a guess on who she might be.

7. Ghost King's Apprentice

Evangeline Lilly, as Hope Pym, and Corey Stoll ,as Yellow Jacket, are part of the Ant-Man cast now. I honestly have no idea what the plot of this movie is.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Going from comics, Hope will be Hank's and Janet's daughter who will serve as the love interest of Lang whereas Yellow Jacket will be a former mentee of Hank's and will probably be the reason Pym retired. Wouldn't surprise me if he resents Pym and hates Lang for being Pym's successor. I bet he'll end up kidnapping or hurting Hope to get back at both Ant-Men

9. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

Don't you mean she? Among the only other characters to assume the Yellowjacket mantle on Earth-616 was Rita DeMara. Granted, I am not up-to-date regarding news concerning Marvel film and Marvel appears to be pulling inspiration from sources other than 616 continuity. Rita however aligns with the criminal/anti-hero archetype they seem to be going for.

Disappointed by Janet's reduced importance in the cinematic universe. :/

10. Ghost King's Apprentice

Yellowjacket is going to be different in the film. His name is Darren Cross and he's being played by Corey Stoll. I mean Marvel always changes things up in movies so I kind of expected it.

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Though as of now, there is no Thanos in Avengers 2, it's not set in stone (according to Kevin Fiege) since the movie is still in production and, to quote Fiege, "who am I to tell Thanos what to do?" Josh Brolin, for those that didn't know, has been cast as Thanos and during SDCC, THERE WAS A REVEAL OF HIM AND HIS VOICE.

12. Mysty Unknown

And today marks the day that we are given another one of the movies to the universe. Guardians of the Galaxy is now out. I had my doubts about it, but given that the trailer shows one of the items the Collector is seeking after, I'm hoping for some more connections to the movie with the others. Not certain that will happen in great length, but there's hope.

13. burnitup Still the Best 1973

So... Which Infinity Gem do you guys think will be introduced next?

14. Ghost King's Apprentice

I don't really know if you can really predict which will come next but I hope this means that the Infinity Gauntlet might come into play sometime in the future. I think we've seen four of them so far though.

15. burnitup Still the Best 1973

So far we've seen Space, Reality, and Power. The ones left are Time, Soul, and Mind.

16. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Could the stone in Loki's Staff be classed as the mind one?

17. Ghost King's Apprentice

I think I read somewhere that it might have been Reality, despite the color.[DOUBLEPOST=1407456897][/DOUBLEPOST]Wait, nevermind. I found the thing that I read and you were right it was Mind.
    If you wanna read which stones are in which moives there's a post here.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  18. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Surprisingly, no. Officially the staff was powered by the Tesseract, which is the Space gem. How does the Space gem cause mind control? No idea, but it has been confirmed Loki's staff isn't the Mind gem.

On the same note, Guardian's of the Galaxy has confirmed that, despite the color swaps, the gem colors are still the same as the comics (red, yellow, orange, blue, green, purple); and since Loki's staff's power source is neither green, yellow, or orange that fan theory is kind of dead in the water.

19. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I think is just like the "tesseract powered weapons"(that shield/hydra had built), the gems have awesome powers, but they are also a "infinity power source"
    (like the bs that Nick Fury said to Captain america about using it as a clean energy source for the world).
    Just imagine how much energy would be necessary to create a portal that links earth to the chitauri army. I think the staff has the mind control power because it derived from Loki's power, just like Hydra is using the staff as power source to create inhumans/mutants (scarlet witch and quicksilver).
    Humans never fully grasped the real power of the tesseract so they used it as a "cosmic energy battery"

20. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I can't remember who said -if it was Whedon or Fiege- but someone in Marvel mentioned that we probably won't see all of the gems individually. Though, there's a scene in Thor where you can clearly see the Infinity Gauntlet for a split second in Odin's treasury.