Film Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Mysty, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

That's what I was thinking. This project was his baby. He seemed so dedicated to it for so long that this disagreement must have been something pretty big for him to leave.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Noooooooooo

to be honest though i hope maybe this will push the release back just a little because i feel like it's releasing a little too close to age of ultron for being the first movie of phase 3

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Honestly, I'm hoping Ant Man ties into AoU so Pym can have some kind of relationship with Ultron. It doesn't have to be the comics' creator/creation relationship, but maybe Pym decides to work on a 'destroyed' Ultron and that carries over into his movie or something like that. Hell, it may be a long shot, but what if Pym gets a cameo in AoU and Ant Man explains exactly who he is, what happened to him, what his cameo was, all through Scott Lang's eyes.

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I did do some reading on Ultron and Ant-Man and stuff, and I get now that Pym and Ultron are like this *crosses index and middle fingers together* in the comics. Come to think of it, having Ant-Man tie into Age of Ultron would be a pretty good reason or explanation for the close release dates—I mean, given the current slated release dates, Ant-Man would hit theaters while Age of Ultron is still running. And I understand there's been a bit of backlash for not having Pym as a character in Age of Ultron, and a lot of worry for Pym's characterization without Ultron.

...but more importantly, can we focus on the possibility of James Spader and Michael Douglas acting scenes together?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1400960799][/DOUBLEPOST][x]

So the Daredevil Netflix series just lost its showrunner, too (but only because of Sinister Six). But it's okay, because he's still consulting and they have a new showrunner already.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Say hello to our new Daredevil... Charlie Cox!

[​IMG]

His credits include Stardust (Tristan Thorne), Downton Abbey (Duke of Crowborough), and Boardwalk Empire (Owen Sleater).

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  6. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

7. 61 No. B

im very opposed to this and hope it does not happen
    spider man in avengers anywhere is the worst idea ever

8. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

I am not opposed to the notion of Spider-Man in an Avengers film per se, but I do not think Marc Webb's Spider-Man is ready to appear alongside the Avengers. It would be somewhat out-of-place. In comic, Spidey did not join the Avengers as a full-time member until the early 2000s, whereas Webb seems to be replaying story arcs from the '70s (Gwen Stacy). He would have been in his late twenties/early thirties I think. This Peter Parker is too young, not mature enough to commit to a team dynamic.

Spidey isn't high up on my list of Avengers I'd like to see in film (Janet van Dyne and Hank Pym first! They were founding Avengers for god's sake), but I wouldn't mind an older Peter Parker cameo-- provided it's an alternate Parker, not Webb's. He didn't write his franchise with the intention of merging storylines, and the discontinuities in storyline would show if ever such a thing were to occur.

Also, as an aside: I would not trust Rob Liefeld's predictions.

9. Ghost King's Apprentice

As well as agreeing with this I hope they make Black Panther movie. Him and Hawkeye are my two favorite Avengers.

10. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

Marvel Studios co-president Louis D'Esposito said this about it:

The obvious issue here is that according to execs at Marvel, recreating an advanced technological African base like Wakanda onscreen is "more difficult" than recreating Thor's fictional Asgardian homeland. I shouldn't have to say what's wrong with his statement. Everyone likes to pretend that Marvel is more progressive than DC, but the reality of it is they simply know what modern audiences value and cater around it; often times blatantly racist statements like those of D'espositio's come out during interviews (belying the real nature thereof). Sexist statements, as well.

11. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Doctor Strange is officially happening! Today it was reported that Scott Derrickson (The Day the Earth Stood Still, Sinister) will direct the film.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  12. Ghost King's Apprentice

Yessss~! *crosses Doctor Strange off her list potential marvel movies*

I've never actually seen any of Scott Derrickson's movies so I'm not really sure what to base it off of, but I'm still excited.

Okay, so leaning back toward the whole Guardian's of the Galaxy and Avengers 3, this girl was like how come Marvel never goes to space....... I didn't even know what to tell her. I mean you clearly see the space aspect in Avengers and I think Guardians of the Galaxy speaks for itself I don't see what's not to get(wow I think that got off topic a little.) Main point is that I like how Marvel isn't only focusing on the earth part but the spacey, other dimensional stuff as well in the movies. Idk, I should stop typing now.

13. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Ant-Man finally has its new director! Peyton Reed (The Break Up; Bring It On) will direct, with a new script written by Adam McKay (Anchorman). A new synopsis for the film—retaining its July 17, 2015 release date—was also released:
    source

14. Ghost King's Apprentice

I just hope the movie will be good by time the date rolls around with they way things are going now.

(Everytime I see something you always post it first, I was so close)

15. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Well, Roxam used to do that to me, so hearing that now makes me feel a little vindicated. :>

16. Ghost King's Apprentice

I'm guessing since tale made a Daredevil post it counts. Anyway, the cast the actor for Wilson Fisk a.k.a. Kingpin. And after that there will supposedly be series with Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones. (I'm so excited omg! ><)

17. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I'm not sure what the order is after Daredevil, but the after the four miniseries (Daredevil has 13 episodes, I don't know about the others), they're being brought together for a Defenders miniseries a la The Avengers. Also, from what I heard, Daredevil is being produced similarly to a movie so all of the filming is being done back-to-back. The shows are going to be catered to Netflix "binge watchers."

18. Midnight Star Master of Physics

19. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I remember rumors and hoping, but no announcements. I don't think IMDB is wholly reliable for upcoming things, anyway. XD

20. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Yeah, I did a bit more searching and found several places stating that it had been announced and other places contradicting it, I couldn't find anything official though. I think it's being considered but I don't think there is any official announcements yet. Also I hope when/if it is that there is a lot more hype for it. There are few enough superhero films where the main protagonist is female and if it flops it's going to scare them off making more.