Married to Mannequin

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by ♥AL90♥, Jun 16, 2011.

1. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

Why is it about where I live? Where do you live?
  2. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

3. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Well, it's good to see that Americans are also involved in unusual marriages. First, it was a body pillow, then a Japanese game character, and now a mannequin. I honestly don't find it weird at all. These people are rejected by society because they are not deemed "attractive" in the very shallow world that we live in. It may look weird, but you can tell that these people feel a real love for their significant other. Sure, they've done something that's made them even more rejected by their peers, but it shows how happy they are with the decisions that they have made.

It's no weirder than people who buy bedsheets of anime girls in very provocative positions.

4. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Yeah, not really that healthy to be a relationship with an inanimate object. How do receive love from something that doesn't have it? Consent? Choice?
    It's his own fantasy which he needs to deal with, when you place you're problems onto a mannequin, you've got so issues with some type of person in your life.

5. xigbar.nom Destiny Islands Resident

God thats creepy..no offence to the guy but come on! He must be VERY lonely .. :(
    Why would he have it so creepy lookin'?

6. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

That...is very creepy. I mean sure it's his choice and he's not hurting anyone, but still...there is just something repulsive about it to me. I'd rather be single for the rest of my life than do that. Whatever works for I him...I guess?

7. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

Why is it about where I live? Where do you live?

I don't think it's the fact that society is shallow, I think it's the fact that being in love with an inanimate object is considered a sign of poor mental health.

8. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I'm not gonna lie, that's pretty creepy if not something of the messed up sorts. But hey, people do weird stuff all the time like Tummer said, so it's not really surprising. Besides, it's their lives, who am I to say what's right and what's wrong for them?

9. P Banned

Who are we to call him mentally ill? Perhaps we are the deranged ones here. After all, he's happy, while others are getting worked up over it. While personally, I wouldn't do anything like what he is doing, I respect his right to do as he wishes.

The world needs more quirky people. They make life interesting.

10. BloodPrince Merlin's Housekeeper

Once you go mannequin you never go real again.

11. Accalia Gummi Ship Junkie

That doesn't surprise me. People are quirky these days. I still find it slightly disturbing. I do think that that is a sign of poor mental health. Then again, who am I to judge?

12. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

That logic could be used to justify anything.

13. Bubble Master Califa Hollow Bastion Committee

At least when he catches the dummy cheating on him and ensues in a round of domestic abuse...it can be repaired for a fair price. ;)

I don't know how to feel about it in serious terms. I don't see it directly harming others (well his family may be digusted/creeped out) but he may have just married it as part of some sexual fantasy.

Don't all people wish they had a partner who didn't snap back with smarmy remarks and was just there for a sympathetic ear and easy sex?

It'd be ok as a fantasy but in the long term it will do him no good. Lack of communication will have him going anti-social and/or shunned by others and stuff. If he's taking it seriously as a serious relationship then that is scary as it will not do him much good forever (we all need communication as human beings; even animals in the wild do so).

This is just a premise of androids/cyborgs as sexual partners I tell you! Marrying Mannequins today and having a cybertronic mistress will be tomorrow!

(I'm sorry if I'm mingling comedy with seriousness too much; it's meant to be funny news so I can't help it)