Chain of Memories Marluxia's theme and Caverne of Remmembrance

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by DanceWaterDance, Mar 10, 2014.

1. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Why the beginning of Marluxia theme is identical to that of Cavern of Remembrance?

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

It's similar, yes, but not identical. It's because they were both done by the same artist.

3. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Because its an organization track. They will have similarities. any they are not identical. They just use the same instruments. Only thing the same is The 13th Reflection drum loop and Marluxias theme. They use the same drum loops.

4. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

The BEGINNING is exactly the same

5. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

No its not at all. It the last 2 harp notes. In the cavern of remembrance theme it does a arpeggio which end hitting those 2 notes then going down and repeating. Im a musician so i know.

6. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

But I'm not talking about instruments. I'm just saying that the beginning of both themes it's the same

7. A Zebra Chaser

First of all, it's not the same, it's a harp, but it's different notes being played.
    Second, WHICH Marluxia's Theme? There ARE three, though I assume you're talking about Scythe of Petals
    Finally, even if it WAS the same, that's hardly a new thing, Marxlua's themes are full tot he brim with references to other themes in KH for no reason

8. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

If the instruments aren't the same then its not going to be the same in the beginning. You pretty much just said its not the same but it's the same. The tracks are not the same. They MIGHT be in the same key which maybe why they sound similar which they do but not in the way you described.

9. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

I relistened to the two tracks and they aren't exactly the same howewer there is a part where they are similar. But I can't understand why, I mean when there are similiar music in KH usually is because two things have a link, like Young Xehanort theme have a lot of Final Xemnas theme into it.

10. Amaury Legendary Hero

Like I said above, they are both done by the same artist. :)

11. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Because they are "linked". Cavern of Remembrance is a ORG XIII "level". Marluxia is a member of ORG XIII. So its going to make since it sounds similar. The 13th Reflection and Marluxias theme actual have the same drum loop because they have a "link".

12. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Not with Marluxia. He kinda just steals bits from everyone else's themes all the time, like the similarities between Graceful Assassin and Another Side, Another Story. It really grates on my nerves when there's no synergy or common theme between tracks like that, but it's not like they sound bad.

13. A Zebra Chaser

I think by far the weirder one is the way the intro from Forze del Male is used in Gracefull Assassin. It's such a strange inclusion that for a long time when I was new to KH I thought that riff was a trademark of boss themes in KH, rather than associated with a specific character

14. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

...Huh. Never noticed before but they are pretty similar. Marluxia totally should've been a copycat who like, synthesized and stole people's powers or something.

15. Glen Returned from the dead

It's not the same, it's just similar. Probably because both themes were done by the same artist. Can you complain really though? The theme itself is really good, really sets the feeling.