Kingdom Hearts III Maleficent in Kingdom Hearts 3

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Misty, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Mike Chaser

In the Maleficent movie, King Stefan was Maleficent's love. He grew up wising that he would one day live in a castle. As he grew older, he worked for the King. The King was defeated and he wanted someone to bring back Maleficent. To gain power, Stefan had plans to kill Maleficent, but he wasn't able to actually do it. Instead, he cut her wings off. That's the reason she became evil.

She didn't believe in love. I only brought the story up for those of you that haven't seen it.

But I agree, Misty! If Maleficent was in Kingdom Hearts 3, I can see a big role for her. They can use the same stroryline or they could make it as if Master Xehanort lied to her or did something to her, such as taking her wings away.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Okay, so, I actually just watched Maleficent a couple of hours ago, so now i think I can give some more informed input about the movie being incorporated into the game.

Honestly, I can't really see the movie's backstory being adde...no, never mind, this is Nomura we're dealing with; I can see Maleficent's 2014 movie backstory being added to her character, but I can't imagine it going well.

If you watch Maleficent, it's abundantly clear that it takes place in a completely separate continuity from the animated Sleeping Beauty movie. The only moment in the 2014 movie where Maleficent really hams it up as a villain is when she crashes Aurora's christening, in a scene lifted almost entirely from the animated movie. In Kingdom Hearts, however, which uses the Sleeping Beauty version of Maleficent, she unapologetically and even gleefully declares herself the Mistress of All Evil, doing her darndest to sink the worlds into deep, everlasting darkness, which isn't remotely in 2014 Maleficent's wheelhouse of desires or plans.

In short, 2014!Maleficent and SB!Maleficent are two wildly different beasties, and trying to combine them into one doesn't seem like it would work well.

3. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

i actually see her having a big role in KH3, from the games 1 > CoM > 2 she became like, closer to sora, and stopped being just his disney antagonist, thats why i prefer KH malificent to actual disney maleficent, i can see her taking TWTNW as her own since its a dark world sora and co. wouldnt want to revisit unless they absolutely had to, i really do hope she ends up teaming up with sora for a while, and if possible event finishing her role in a dynamic way in KH3, maybe even dying.

4. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

Well, after the Re: Coded secret scene, I believe that she will have a big role in Kingdom Hearts III.

However, if they bring the new Maleficent movie into it, we can't really call her "The Mistress of All Evil" anymore, can we? Disney has Maleficent as it's major villain in the series and Final Fantasy has Sephiroth. I know in Kingdom Hearts II, they took on the heartless instead of fighting Sora and the gang, but perhaps she knew something about Xehenort coming back if both his heartless and nobody were defeated?

5. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Right I have to agree that the 2014 movie Maleficent wouldn't fit in the Kh universe. And as KoF has pointed out Recoded seems to point to her seeking out the BoP. In BBS Terra did fight alongside Maleficent and she has aided Sora more than once so having her fight alongside Sora is not impossible. But for me I think it is possible that Sora will seek out Maleficent since out of everyone she seems to know the most about hearts. As we know Sora set out to free the hearts inside him at the end of DDD. Taking all that into consideration it is very likely she will have a larger role in 3 than she did in kh2.

6. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

Please no...One Maleficent was enough. And that was the one we really needed. Not this new messed up one.

7. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm fairly surprised that no one has mentioned her connection(s) to the original trio, primarily Terra.

Since that one cameo in KH3D, Sora's conviction to save/help Terra, Aqua, and Ven, and purely by the power of No Delays for the Wicked, Maleficent (as well as the BBS trio), will have an appearance in KH3. Maleficent singlehandedly planted the seed of doubt in Terra's heart and mind -- she gave him a reason to believe he could not control the Darkness within him. (Remember, Terra thought that he had taken sleeping Aurora's heart, and we really know what happened.) Truly, honestly, I don't see how they could have cast her out of KH2 if it wasn't for that vote, because that would have been 1) a bad choice in regard to plot pacing and structure and 2) taking away from the whole essential "Disney element", which some of you have already pointed out.

With the final battle between Light and Darkness, I think that Maleficent is essential to showcase the "lighter" side of Darkness, as someone had said (I speed-read this thread, I'm sorry for being vague), and with Misty's "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation, it would all fit really well.

If Maleficent doesn't appear in KH3, I won't be mad, but I'll definitely be disappointed. I don't see why she shouldn't be included.