Maine, USA is trying to kill equality

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by JedininjaZC, Aug 15, 2009.

?

Do you support LGBT(lesbian gay bisexual transgender) rights.

Poll closed Aug 18, 2009.
  1. Yes I am a firm believe in equal rights for lgbts.

93.8%
  2. No homosexuality is wrong.

6.3%
  1. Kites Chaser

I think anyone should have they're rights, though I think people keep trying to hold these people back from getting married is because it's not what they consider the norm. Times have changed, and people have been doing different things for a long time now. And even though I'm straight, I can say that it must feel bad that gays dont have the right that everyone else has, being the right to marry. If you're for it, then good for you. I have nothing against people who are gay/bi/lesbian/etc.

2. WilliamTheWise Hollow Bastion Committee

True, but that doesn't justify actions that take away others rights.

3. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Of course it doesn't. It just means that no matter what people will do to have equal rights, it's almost too impossible to achieve. It's too easy to express via [false] words, but what matters in the end is if you believe it or not. Until people truly accept anything and truly mean it, the fight for quality will go on forever--and not just equal rights that are centered around gay marriage.

4. Rexyggor_thenewmember Twilight Town Denizen

While at the statehouse one man said how we are using the same excuses for interacial marriage. It's basically the same concept on how if two people love each other, then why should they be denied the right of a marriage?

5. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

ugh I am really sick of this.

Why dont they let them get married, I mean...there like "GOD HATES GAYSSSS >:" while CHURCH AND STATE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SEPERATED. So they can shove that crap in there pieholes. the LGBT community are tax payers and residents of the USA and have the right to marry like everyone else. >_>

6. The Fuk? Dead

Wow, I am really surprised to hear this coming from a New England state.

7. Monica Reybrandte Banned

I agree and it's not just the conservatives and liberals. It's most bible-bumpers too. My Mom is a homophobic and she'd send me to an orphanage if I told her who I was. I mean look at Scarlett and Mimi. They may never be able to get married because like Rainshine said this country will never be completely equal because cops in different states still pull over african-americans and toll them for the slightest reason

8. Yukichin Traverse Town Homebody

Some parents may be homophobic but eventually accept their children. Sometimes they don't, but sometimes they do as well.

That being said, didn't Maine legalize it, except for their Senator or something? But they can override his veto...

9. Xehanort'sBrother Merlin's Housekeeper

I agree with Johnny. I'm against it.

10. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

You are against treating people as equals and giving them the rights they deserve, and you are against two people loving each other, despite this being exactly what the world needs?

Interesting.

11. JedininjaZC Hollow Bastion Committee

And I am assuming just like Johnny you have no good reason for being against gay marriage.

Very intresting indeed.

12. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

I don't quite think there are any other legitimate reasons besides the "asdfghjkl; bible said so. lol" why gay marriage should not be allowed. If there was another reason, it would be that there cannot be procreation in that marriage. However, that is a very weak deduction and cause since there are plenty of children that are available for adoption. Procreating couples make enough babies to go around.

Really...it's mostly the religious reasons that stop this from happening.

13. Styx That's me inside your head.

Next troll post has a warning on it, Johnny. Come with arguments and I'll even overlook you calling members idiots, but we both know you have nothing of the sort. :D

14. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

Does anyone else think its strange how whenever homosexuality or gay marriage is mentioned, everyone goes 'Argh, gay people, thats so horrible, men shouldn't like other men' but they seem to not have a problem with gay women.

15. DemyxPlaysMySitar Twilight Town Denizen

I think it's strange. I believe that everyone is equal, and if they love someone of the same sex then they should damn well be allowed to be together.

I don't see how people can be homophobic either. I have a gay brother and lots of gay friends who are the nicest and coolest people in the world, and wouldn't hurt a fly. What did they do to get people to hate them?

16. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

It's mainly because of the sexy guilty pleasure of straight males of this world.

17. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

Well as a bisexual I can say that I'm happy with lesbians, gays, bisexual guys and bisexual women.

And bisexual woman who don't mind 'open relationships'.

I especially don't have any predjudice against that one.

18. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

This indeed is a sad thing. A threesome where two are females are involved with one male is a very common and popular fantasy for straight males...but if a threesome involves two males and a female, it would be considered "gay". I do not understand why lesbians are less talked about than gays.

It was also interesting, in my high school, you were allowed to "get married" on valentines day, and for some reason, lesbian--or girl-girl [BFF] marriage was totally okay, but boy-boy was not allowed, not even for the real gay couples. Though, this however was changed last year...

19. Johnny Stooge Traverse Town Homebody

when everyone agress, what's there to discuss?

i post an inflammatory statement, people have something to rage about and make themselves feel good. if i don't have an argument, it's because those posts don't match my actual beliefs.
    would you believe that? a troll post that contains a statement that isn't accurate. wow.

quit getting so goddamn butthurt.

20. Styx That's me inside your head.

Then re-iterate what everyone has already said. Everyone else does it.
    Also, there actually have been people who have been "agreeing" with you. Someone even quoted you in their sig. ;P

You're such a sweetheart for trying to make us feel good.

Nah, I can tell the difference. I knew you were joking.

Trust me, I have no reason to be butthurt aside rom you giving me more work. And I guess I can forgive you for that.