Maid/Butler/Personal Cleaner

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by tSG1, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tSG1 Chaser

haha, i guess that's the payoff with getting maids.

2. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

Well, I live in a middle class city, like no-ones poor, but no-ones rich

So I have no clue, I odubt I could bring myself to hire a maid, I'll always feel that they'll judge me

3. Snow Princess King's Apprentice

well i think that people should take pride in cleaning their own houses... my rule is if you cant clean it all yourself then its too big :D lol

4. Nuff' Said Banned

people need to clean their house themselves unless they're old but they can go into assisted living anyway

5. Kaiionel Hollow Bastion Committee

I only have a problem with this if the employee is treated like an inferior. If anything, they should be treated nicely because of all the hard work they do. I think if you have a "cleaning lady" or something, you should have the decency to learn her name and maybe even befriend her. That's what happened to my family, although unfortunately we haven't spoken to her in a while. I have very fond memories of her, though, and her awesome quesedillas.

6. Styx That's me inside your head.

Guess who wins the Most Laughable Argument Award 2009?
    One good reason why people should clean their own houses when they have access to alternative solutions. Go go go.

7. childofturin Why?

You mean the assisted living facilities where they routinely leave old people alone in their rooms with no company at all for days at a time? Or where the company they do get is apathetic and callous?

http://blogs.findlaw.com/injured/20...care-facility-duties-and-resident-rights.html

Nursing homes are one of the worst places for the elderly. I personally hope I never need to go to one.

Also, if people have money, they can get others to clean their house and do other routine tasks, while they concentrate on contributing to the larger community.

8. The Fuk? Dead

I think there's nothing wrong with serving other people, there's a lot of job where the employee serves someone. A waiter is a good example. I say if you have the money, there's nothing wrong with it.

9. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Well, if someone who pretty much lays around the house hires a maid or someone like that, i would hate that; then again the cleaner WOULD get paid.
    But if someone was really busy, like always having a meeting in another city or some buisness man like thta, its entirely acceptable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.