Mafia [Mafia] The Masquerade in Salem ~ GAME OVER (MAFIA WINS)

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Ars Nova, Mar 12, 2014.

1. jafar custom title

I'm not even sure who it could be at this point. I don't fault TWTNW for Princess's actions, but those posts still hold weight and it seems suspicious, especially since BTD was the docto and Princess claimed to be the doctor. There's really not much to go on, but I think TWTNW is just the most suspicious at the moment because of the prior posts.

2. Ghost King's Apprentice

My bad.

Well, if Marushi, Hyuge, and luminous and I are townies (and even if one of us four are mafia) I believe that means Cstar and Judge Sunrose are both mafia. But that's only if I'm correct. Since, like luminous said, I am the most suspicious right now. I would be suspicious of me too since I actually though Princess was mafia.

Vote: Judge Sunrose

>< my first vote! Im not sure I should have voted so soon but I hope I voted for the right person.

3. cstar stay away from my waifu

W-what? I'm sorry but this quote is really bothering me. I get that you've kind of just been thrown into the mix so I'll take it as that for now but... I don't know.

Anyway, in case anyone has wondered why the past few "days" I haven't been as active, it is because... well... I wasn't around. And because of that, as you can see, I have not voted in the past two rounds. This was usually because by the time I got online there was a hammer, and I didn't think it was necessarily for me to throw in a vote.

Right now we are kind of quickly jumping over to Judge. There was a point where I thought maybe he was the doctor but apparently after all of that, Beema really was the doctor (I find that really funny actually because of the whole "fine, go and kill the doctor" thing). I didn't really have a reason to, I just thought Judge was being really quiet and I wasn't sure if there was a reason for it.

I want to hear Judge say something first before he's lynched So could we wait a bit to see? Because I think it is a point in the game we really have to wait, so we don't get the wrong person. I mean we are dangerously close right now. I want to hear everyone talk this round first.

4. Ghost King's Apprentice

Well, I was following the game before I came in as a replacement and I thought Princess was in the mafia but apparently I was wrong when I realized he wasn't mafia when i replaced him. I thought it made sense but i guess it didn't.

Unvote: Judge Sunrose

I guess I was a bit anxious because I just started but this gives him more time. But he isn't the only person I would vote off. I just picked one of the two that I suspected.

5. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

So I've already said that I didn't find Princess all that suspicious, I thought it was more indicative of a Townie goofing off rather than a Mafioso plotting schemes. And yes, he did say that he was the doctor, but in that very same "day" he also put out his "bio" claiming that he wasn't. Considering he asked to be replaced, I think it would be safe to assume that he simply was bored with the game. Probably after Skull Joke made his announcement, he became bored. That would explain his noticeable increase in half-hearted posting and joking around. And although TWTNW's (You know what? When I type that up I just think of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) statements seem to be trying a bit too hard, she is right, this is her first time, and it took us all awhile to sort of get into the groove of things as well.

In conclusion, I still don't find that certain attendee of the Crowninshield Masquerade to be very suspicious, although I do think it's rather interesting that the mask has now had to be replaced twice. XD

So then, knowing that Hyuge and I are town, and not finding TWTNW suspicious, that leaves Judge Sunrose, Cstar, and Luminous. I actually still haven't given much thought to Judge Sunrose or Luminous, but I'm still thinking Cstar for one Mafioso. Not really for any particular reason that I can give atm, but I've thought since day one that Cstar was Mafia, just one of those things, y'know? Like when you're watching a detective show and a guy shows up and says two sentences and you're like "It's that guy," and then it is. Whatever, it's a guess. I know, this late in the game we can't risk a mislynch on a guess, so I'm not saying we should vote him yet. But I definitely feel like he's worthy of investigating.

6. jafar custom title

He also let on that his bio was fake. And considering that, he may as well have been a townie goofing off.

Honestly, I just don't know who to vote off at this point. We're really risking a mislynch, but not voting for anyone would just ensure our demise.

7. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

She*

Everyone is worried about making a mistake, but like I said before; we should have all just gone with out gut instincts. There were those people we had a strong gut feeling towards since the very beginning: i.e. Jayn, Beau, Jiku. We kept going back and forth over it, letting them influence us, instead of sticking to our guns. Everyone right now should name their most likely suspect. Whoever has the highest is who we vote for. Just from what I'm reading, it seems Cstar is most likely the person that will get the votes, but I just want to see everyone's reaction.

I'm still unsure of leeb because she did defend Andrew quite a bit when he was on the chopping block, but she also kept pointing at Jiku and her number system like "I don't get it, how is this useful? It makes you look better than everyone else."

I would prefer it so that everyone used the 'hidden' coding on their person of interest so that we don't all just go with the flow~ But I have a feeling the Mafia will just pick whoever has the highest vote anyway and hover their cursor over the hidden text before posting regardless. I'm saying this on the honor system, though there isn't much honor in mafia. ...

[DOUBLEPOST=1401045637][/DOUBLEPOST]For those that don't know the hidden coding.
    Code:
    [hidden]name[/hidden]

8. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Had some rather inconvenient computer problems, and I thought I was going to get another warning for inactivity, but it's fixed now. The best I could do was check up on the thread with my crappy phone, ugh.

Well then, straight to the point:
    I sort of agree with hyuge here, even though I'm currently in her crosshair. I don't have anything more to say in my own defense than what I already have, and she seems awfully determined, so yeah, just follow your heart.

On that note, both my gut and reasoning point me towards the same person, of whom I've been suspicious for a while. To top it off, one of their claims stood out a lot during the last round, following BTD's murder. The way I see it, this particular player threw the bait, hoping it would attract the real doctor's attention, and succeeded. If anyone has counterarguments to this, don't hesitate to share them.

Of course I'm talking about .

9. Ghost King's Apprentice

Right now I don't know who I find more suspicious, but I'm pretty much repeating what I said earlier about who and who I don't think are mafia. This is hard.

But as of looking back on past post I'd say that the more suspicious one is

10. cstar stay away from my waifu

It's not really a counter argument but how are you so certain of this? Yes, his comments last round were kind of... unbearable I guess is the best way to put it for me... but I never got the sense of "succeeding in catching the real doctor's attention". You know? In fact, reading back on the comments, I wouldn't have gotten the sense that BtD told his position... hell I was still convinced that he only said he was the doctor to throw us off from voting for him... and then he turned out to actually be the doctor.... it was well played imo.

But hm... I don't know now. I'm reading this post... maybe he did give out his position and maybe he did throw out the bait? I didn't catch it... maybe the mafia did.

Anyway, wrapping this up based on further analysis, and possible overthinking... the person I find most suspicious is

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Not if I Shift into MAXIMUM OVERVOTE
    • Judge Sunrose - 1 (Hyuge)

12. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

First off, no, I never said I was certain of anything. More so when I deliberately put "The way I see it", which implies it was simply my subjective reading of that event. And yes, I didn't get the sense that BtD had given away his role either. Here's my thought process, in case you're interested:

Initially, I was pretty sure the mafia would've chosen Hyuge or Marushi as their victim last night, which didn't happen. Then I saw they'd gotten the doctor and I thought "oh shoot, how did they even find out? They were either really lucky or pretty confident about some detail we missed, otherwise they would've just sticked to one of the two 'confirmed' townies." That was when I decided to take a look back to try and piece it together (tbh, it wasn't really that hard since BTD never posted that much). And then, well, you know the rest. Just to clear it up, I wasn't referring to when he fake(-but-not-really)-claimed doctorhood to avoid getting lynched, but rather
    Not going to lie here, and I didn't want to say this at first, although I may get mislynched, so whatever. I've always believed that the remaining two mafiosi had to be Ben and Princess (currently TWTNW), but now you're starting to make me question that belief. In spite of all this, your previous behavior stops me there, therefore I won't go as far as replacing you as one of my prime suspects, for now. It's also a bit unsettling, imo, that you'd say "based on further analysis" and just leave it at that.

I'm really really sorry if I came off as rude at some point. My favorite word-picky neurons and I are practically sleeping on the keyboard. I have absolutely no idea how I even managed to write this wall of a post. /passes out

13. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

__// unvote: judge sunrose

will elaborate tomorrow when it's not bed time and i'm on mobile.

14. cstar stay away from my waifu

I am aware that you were talking about that post. I was just saying that I personally did not think that comment was enough to make him come out and seem like the doctor. Anyway, what you said... thinking they would go after Hyuge or Marushi first makes no sense to me at all... if they know they aren't the doctor... why would they go after them? I am pretty sure they would have wanted to get the doctor out of the way just to insure they wouldn't lose out a kill.

With who was left that round not including hyuge and marushi there was:
    -me(cstar)
    -Bite the Dust
    -Judge Sunrose
    -luminous
    -Princess(now TWTNW)

Now me being the one who overthinks a lot... I'm going to try and look at this through the eyes of a mafia member , I feel like if they were going to kill anyone, they would go after Beema. Why? because nobody was suspecting him of being a mafia at the time and if they went after him and he turned out to be doctor, that'd be good in their eyes because they would still have the people the town were unsure about AND they would have gotten rid of the doctor.

Now we are at a point where we need to try and sort out the mafia from those who are... quite frankly... making themselves look suspicious...go figure... but I am trying to tell you guys that I am a townie and I promise you that I am not a mafia member! What I have been trying to do for most of this game is my own detective work, and I am clearly not doing a good job at that. In any way, shape, or form.

Now I keep thinking on it and I know I really shouldn't have just put my suspicions on Judge that quickly based on my overanalysis. I have been doing that a lot this game as you guys can tell. I just jump straight to conclusions without sitting down and thinking upon them for long enough. This is why I don't trust the gut instinct method, at all. Whenever I used my gut instinct it lead to false accusations, and at one point I got somebody lynched for it.

Anyway, I'm not going to vote yet. I want to put this out there. I really do feel like somehow this is going to bite me in the ass, but I want to get my thoughts out there, and say again that I am only a townie. In fact, here I go I'll just say it: I am a Crowninshield, I am Johannes Crowninshield, the nephew of the late Miss Lucille Crowninshield. I don't feel there is a point in hiding that anymore because at this point it is a live or die situation, and while I could be killed by the mafia, I don't want the town to lose because I was lynched by the town for talking stupidly, and I really feel like I have put myself in a position like that.

That is all I have to say for now... I can only hope this is enough...

15. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

So, I had been pretty sure that BtD was the doctor, ever since that "day" where there was no lynch. See, I think BtD stated his position as doctor in a premature belief that he was out, he wouldn't survive the night. Then when everyone backed off, he sort of had an "Oh crap" moment, and had to backtrack. That's when he said he had only been joking, which really just made him seem either suspicious or unhelpful to our efforts. However, his slip up followed him through the rest of the game, and he avoided drawing too much attention to himself by staying almost completely silent.

I would wager a guess that the one day we had no lynch was the Mafia attempting to off BtD, the second "night" after his announcement. I think they waited a night in an attempt to catch him off his guard. But I don't think it worked, and I think he might have saved himself that night, which could have served as a confirmation that he was, indeed, the doctor. I think that they then backed off for awhile, until the rule that the doctor can't save the same person twice in a row came into play. Knowing that BtD would have been very likely to save the cop the previous day (the day Skull Joke made his announcement) they killed the cop first, and then BtD last night.

Honestly, though, if BtD's status had not been certain, I do think that either Hyuge or I would have been targeted, rather than the Mafia taking a chance and, for all intents and purposes, stabbing at the dark in hopes of finding the doctor. See, while it is true that Hyuge and I were confirmed to be townies, Skull Joke never once said that neither of us was the doctor. There is no way that everyone could have known that we weren't the doctor, they just knew we were town.

And now, I'll go ahead and say I also will tell you what I would have done if I were mafia in a situation like this. If I knew that two townies had been confirmed to the whole game, and if I DIDN'T know who the doctor was, instead of just guessing at one of the other townies, I would take out the most helpful of the two confirmed, and here's why: Hyuge and I have been given more credibility in what we say, due to our known innocence. Not to say that we're always right, or that we can't make mistakes. But everyone knows that neither of us are intentionally misleading the town. People are more likely to listen to us because if nothing else, we're not playing them for fools. With the other townies, whoever they may be, there is distrust, there are questions, and most importantly, there's always a chance for a mislynch. Why would the mafia play a guessing game at finding the doctor when they could take out a confirmed leader and hope we lynch the doctor on our own? This kind of playing makes very little sense, and if there's one thing we must remember, it's that the mafia has been doing an excellent job all game.

In fact, I think it would be safe for me to assume that either Hyuge or I will be dead in the "morning." And although my original suspect would have been the post above has made me change direction entirely. My biggest suspect atm is

So, I have to be gone for a long time today and won't be back until tonight. I would say "don't vote without me," but that's a selfish way to play, so instead I'll say if you guys vote before I get back, make sure you WIN THIS GAME FOR ME!!! :D *ahem* Is that a bit less selfish?

16. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

OKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY, so I'm not saying that I think Judge is innocent, I just really want to get some stuff out there because what he said is similar to things I've said in the past. My suspicions of Luxord haven't left since TWTNW joined. [[ Okay seriously, I hate having to type that out all the time and there's not really something else to call you so from now on your name is going to be Oblivion whenever I refer to you because it relates to TWTNW and I'm sick of calling you T - W - T - N - W. kk. ]] I can't believe that just because you say "oh I always thought he was mafia until I took his part" is reliable. There are a lot of liars in this game.
    I was fully expecting to be the next one offed and the fact that Luxord wasn't killed left me about 1000x more unsettled. He threw his name out there. Logically speaking, there should have been no one dead last night if he wasn't mafia. Beema had made subtle hints throughout the course of the game, but none I ever picked up on to be honest. Luxord put his neck on the chopping block. Even if the mafia doubted his seriousness at being the doctor, he would have been the obvious choice. Go after the person claiming to be the doctor. He either saves himself, proving that his identity is true and they kill him off the next night, or he was lying and it's one more dead townie. Instead, Beema was killed. Which brings up a point I mentioned 11 pages ago:

Which semi - coincides with what Judge was saying on the whole Princess / Bite the Dust issue. I have a feeling that Beema tried saving Luxord because he put himself out there, which left himself vulnerable to attack. The mafia used what little comments he made here and there as a resolute guess and offed him instead of Luxord, leading me to believe that the likelihood of Oblivion being Mafia is pretty good.

HOWEVER, I really don't know. The only person I feel comfortable in saying I trust is Marushi -- wouldn't that be a hella plot twist if Below was wrong about her?? Though I do know that Colleen is a terrible liar, which leads me to believe that she is probably telling the truth about her identity.

Which leaves me with:
    Ben -- who posted his 'identity' as a scapegoat. Unsure of whether or not I should believe it.

Oblivion -- who is now filling in for a person I haven't trusted from the get go.
    Judge -- who has managed to waver my opinion half a dozen times like our former mafioso jiku.[DOUBLEPOST=1401114751][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hon, Godzilla is Cstar.

17. cstar stay away from my waifu

Hey. @luminous . Have anything to add? I would love to hear something more in depth from you before the voting begins.

18. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

[/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hon, Godzilla is Cstar.[/QUOTE]
    Well then. I am so not surprised. Embarrassed, not surprised. XD I have such a bad memory AND I'm terrible with names, and honestly, online usernames and genders are almost certain to confuse me. Mix the three and you get stupid mistakes like the above. I've been confused by the name changes in this game the whole time. XD

In the past, Marushi has referred to herself by her sister's name. Twice.[DOUBLEPOST=1401152104][/DOUBLEPOST]And, that editing. WHAT, I'M TIRED! I've been babysitting a kid all day.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  19. cstar stay away from my waifu

-sighs-

Voting for TheWorldThatNeverWas

reasoning: pretty much what Hyuge summed up. I feel kind of bad that Luxord had already made himself pretty suspicious and TWTNW had to take up his seat, but that can't change the fact that yeah, I have been suspicious of Lux for a while, reading between Hyuge and His' interactions and just sitting there trying to figure out what he was doing.

Maybe if you had jumped in a bit earlier before he made himself look worse you could have cleaned it up a bit but sorry... it's not working right now.

20. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Vote: Godzilla. For the reasons above.

Though of course, I could always fall back on my earlier suspicions and vote for Cstar.
    [​IMG]