Mafia [Mafia] Mr. E's Murder Mystery at Misty Mountain Manor ~ GAME OVER (EVERYONE'S A WINNER!)

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Ars Nova, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I propose a plan.
    We should get someone to soft lynch without a strong reason just to see what information comes up. This person should be the least active person. If we delay this until tomorrow we will be no closer to having a reason than before. At best we will have a dead body on our hands and no way to gauge the reasoning (because if we don't have good reasons to suspect people, they don't have good reasons to kill people).

I say we should policy lynch the inactives because they will only weigh us down, like last game.

Who should it be?
    Dice have no memory. We discussed this last game. It still holds true. We use some semblance of random role choosing specifically because this kind of meta makes the game pointless.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Thirding the "dice have no memory" thing.

I'm pretty sure from looking at the Player List that everyone in this round has posted at least once. Actually going through the thread, it looks like Beau and Spike have been the least active and/or productive. I didn't do an actual post count or anything, though, so there's that. Makaze's plan seems reasonable, so for right now I'm gonna go with it until something more solid rears its head.

##Vote: Beau

3. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Hey I can do this thing too
    • Beau - 3 (Mish, Makaze, tale)
    • cstar - 1 (Marushi)
    • Mish - 2 (Hyuge, The Fuk?)
    • The Fuk? - 2 (cstar, al215)
    With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch and 4 to soft-lynch. Day ends Tuesday, November 11th, 7:00 ᴘ.ᴍ. (EST)

4. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

I am all right with voting for the least active to see what we can dig up, but if that is going to be the case, then we need to be accurately choosing the least active person. Instead of everyone suddenly jumping on Andy, who has not had the fewest posts, they should be looking to see who the most inactive person has actually been; this being Spike. Below is the list of players in order of posts from highest to lowest.

1. Makaze: 18

2. Marushi: 10
    3. Tales [[ Highlander ]]: 7
    3. Hyuge: 7
    4. Cstar: 6
    5. Mish: 4
    5. Al215: 4
    6. Calxyin: 3
    7. Trigger: 2
    7. Beau: 2
    7. The Fuk?: 2
    8. Spike: 1

Granted, it is Day One so nerfing someone based on posts at this point can only do so much for us. There are significant gaps between post counts for spots one, two, and three. After three, they are all fairly close together for posts. That being said:

## Unvote: Mish
    ## Vote: Spike

5. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

@Spike: I saw you viewing the thread. Please respond to my plan at least.

6. Trigger hewwo uwu

That post was just my icebreaker post when the game started, my bad. I'd like to hear more from Fuk, Mish, and Beau.

7. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I'd like to hear more from you...

As things stand, you, Fuk, Mish and Beau can all say you want to hear more from each other, and none of us actually hear anything but you asking to hear more.

Ask specific questions. Place votes.

And please respond to my plan.

8. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

ACK CSTAR I'M SO SORRY I KEEP FORGETTING THAT.

Get it in your head, Marushi, Cstar is a SHE.

I don't really know what it is about HER posts that seem suspicious to me. Since it's only day 1, everything is pretty much just gut instinct so far. But SHE is right that SHE doesn't have very many posts yet, again, just because it's only day 1. And SHE'S probs right that it was most likely how SHE worded things. Rereading the posts, I think it was just how quick SHE was to defend tale, even saying it was unlikely for Makaze to have pinpointed him so fast. It probs was just the wording, but it almost seemed like SHE knew something we didn't.

This plan does seem like a pretty good plan, and it also will keep the inactives either talking or risking a lynch. We can't have a repeat of last game. That was really frustrating, both before and after "death." lol, we were more active in the dead chat than most of the townies playing the game. XD One more thing we have to take into account with judging who's the most inactive is not only post count, but post content. What? proved last game that you don't have to have the most posts to have the most content.

We also do have to make sure we reach the number for soft lynch. People have already said how important it is to consolidate a lynch. We cannot afford a no lynch, not even on day 1. If everybody votes for somebody else, nobody dies, and we get no information. Makaze's got a good plan, I think we should go for it.

So, I'm gonna go ahead and ##Unvote: Cstar and, although it really is a close decision, ##Vote: Beau.

Agh, but I'm having major deja-vu, though. After all is said and done, voting Beau makes sense. But... I really don't feel like they're suspicious. They almost got lynched day 1 last game, and we all know how that turned out. I feel the same this time around. Call it more gut instinct, but Beau just... feels Townie to me. The only reason I'm going through with it is Beau has only posted twice, and there wasn't much content there, while Spike's one post just had a bit more content. So I might just be projecting last game into this one with my feelings about Beau.

Ah well. I'm super hyped up on coffee right now and I've got a whole lot of stuff to do today and not very much time to do it in. And I'm on my way out the door for lunch. I just hope I'm wrong about Beau. If he turns out to be town...

9. al215 Kingdom Keeper

That seems to make sense to me, so I shall now unvote you.

##Unvote: The Fuk?

And now... What to do. It's not necessary as far as I'm concerned to add to the train on Beau because we've already got the numbers for a Soft Lynch I don't need to add my vote on to that train. As Makaze has pointed out, we are still waiting on Spike to post and give us something so in light of that, I'll give him a bit of incentive to post. I must admit, I'd rather see Spike get the lynch because Beau has posted more, if only by one. It's entirely possible that the situation changes and he starts posting again soon, but still I'd rather do that. Also apparently Beau is getting Day 1 killed (nearly) for the second time and that seems kinda harsh XD

##Vote: Spike

Can we see anything at all from you? Whether it be an opinion, a vote (with a reason preferably), suspicions, whatever it might be. We need active people as Mak has pointed out. I'm putting the vote here to try and encourage you and give the others a head start in case we need to do a quick vote switch before the day ends.

10. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Who ya gonna choose?
    • Beau - 4 (Mish, Makaze, tale, Marushi)
    • Mish - 1 (The Fuk?)
    • The Fuk? - 1 (cstar)
    • Spike - 2 (Hyuge, al215)
    With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch and 4 to soft-lynch. Day ends Tuesday, November 11th, 7:00 ᴘ.ᴍ. (EST)

11. Mish smiley day!

I have a few inklings so far as to who might be mafia, but they're not much more than mere guesses at this point. They are hyuge, Beau, and al215. I have my own reasons, but I'd like the day/the game to develop a bit more before I can say these accusations are more than a shot in the dark. Plus I don't want to be blind-sided by these hunches so I'm keeping my eyes open on everyone else too.

I would like @Spike to post a few more times this game day before he slips off my radar. I agree with Makaze's tactic of voting off the least active people and so far, this would be him.

## Unvote: Beau

12. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Mish what is it about me that makes you think I'm Mafia?[DOUBLEPOST=1415571843][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually add what makes you think Beau and Hyuge are Mafia to that while you're at it. I'd like to know.

13. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I don't understand?

14. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

To clarify, Beau didn't get killed on day one last time. What happened was Makaze started grinding him to the extreme, blowing every thing he said out of proportion to the point that he dropped out of the game. Whether Andy is mafia or not, I don't want to see anyone else being pushed that far again.
    Sorry, hon. Sadly, I am not mafia this time around. It was fun while it lasted though.

15. Mish smiley day!

Both hyuge and Beau have been mafia in previous games, and so far, I just think that they're kind of working in the same way. The fact that Beau acted incredulous at being voted by instead of coming back with a defense adds to that. hyuge has sort of been defending Beau so far, which is fair enough because I understand her reasoning to an extent, but this could also be a mafia tell. As for you, it's a hunch. More than anything, I don't really know you and haven't witnessed or played a mafia game with you before so I wanted to see what your reaction would be.

If I were to vote anyone right now, it'd be Spike, but he already has 2 votes against him, so I don't see the point in adding another this early in the day.

That's exactly what a mafia would say!!!11

16. al215 Kingdom Keeper

You've piqued my curiosity further. What does my reaction seem to tell you now? And what makes you think that?

17. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I'm confused because you said you agreed with me, but this ontradicts what I said.

Please read this post and tell me where you think I am wrong:
    [DOUBLEPOST=1415573520][/DOUBLEPOST]contradicts* my bad.

18. Mish smiley day!

Aside from your perhaps overly defensiveness, not much lol.
    I don't think you're wrong, I think you're right. But I didn't want to jump on Spike so early. We're putting pressure on him based on his lack of activity, but he'd barely had a chance to respond. I wanted to wait and see if he would post again before I added my vote. I noticed him in the thread earlier and I see that he didn't respond, so I suppose there is no sense in waiting any longer.

## Vote: Spike

19. al215 Kingdom Keeper

I don't see myself as being defensive but rather just curious about your reasoning. I don't know, I guess we just define defensiveness differently.

Maybe it's my profile pic being a Sith Lord that makes me seem more suspicious. It's a bad first impression to give I suppose XD

20. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

One more question.

Why did you unvote Beau just then instead of waiting for when you voted for someone else?