Mafia [Mafia] Mr. E's Murder Mystery at Misty Mountain Manor ~ GAME OVER (EVERYONE'S A WINNER!)

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Ars Nova, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Rgh. And the waiting game begins.

##Vote tale_wind

Just because.

2. cstar stay away from my waifu

If you're voting for someone "just because", why are you voting for someone someone is already voting for "just because"... I mean unless Makaze miraculously managed to pin-point Tale without Tale even posting yet, and I don't believe that for a second.

3. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Because if I vote for someone somebody else already voted for "just because," then it's a little more nerving than only one vote. At this point, everybody knows the first vote means nothing. What is it supposed to pressure, exactly?

Don't worry, though, I can sit here and refresh my page for a good hour yet. I'm not planning on letting it get TOO far. XD

4. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Why not vote for them, cstar...? There is little to lose. If they come on in time to defend themselves then we learn something from them and how people react to their posts. If they do not then we still learn something from who voted/when, and get rid of an inactive early. If they are mafia, then it is best of all worlds.

5. cstar stay away from my waifu

Oh I have no problem with people voting for him. I'm just not used to seeing people jump on one person that fast, but hearing both of you explain why helped a lot. I just wish I wasn't too friggin dumb to catch on.

6. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

To all: Do you plan to vote for tale_wind, vote for someone else, or wait?[DOUBLEPOST=1415424621][/DOUBLEPOST]All but Marushi, of course.

7. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Ooh I Got a New Game for Ya, I Like the Way It Starts
    • tale_wind - 2 (Makaze, Marushi)
    With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch and 4 to soft-lynch. Day ends Tuesday, November 11th, 7:00 ᴘ.ᴍ. (EST).

8. al215 Kingdom Keeper

I can see the value in voting Tale and it's of little consequence at this stage of the game. I've been debating it, so I'll apply a little more pressure to Tale although I don't think any more is necessary. Three is probably more than enough as it is.

##Vote: tale_wind[DOUBLEPOST=1415436865][/DOUBLEPOST]Apologies for the double post but something else just sprung to mind. What do you think about playing around the Hated role? Bearing in mind that we will have no idea whether they are the role or not until they're lynched it might be worth a consideration. We're not exactly near the cycle's end, but I think it's worth noting.

9. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

We can't work around that role unless someone claims it. Avoiding lynches doesn't make any sense so we have to behave normally unless something special comes up.

We don't know which alignment a Hated user will be, either.

10. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

No one else should vote for Tales. We don't want to get him lynched before we are able to even receive any information from him. There is a strong wagon on him already for a group this small and any more votes would be beneficial to only the Mafia.

11. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

FINALLY KHV IS WORKING

so yeah i was over at a friend's when the thread went up and this morning i couldn't get on the site (and i know i'm not the only one who had issues so)

YEAH HI PLEASE DON'T LYNCH ME

Getting killed so early on again just wouldn't be fun. >:|

At this point, there's not really anything to prove or disprove anyone as Mafia...but I'm willing to bet that at one of the people wagoning for me already is Mafia.

@al215, I'm curious. What's the value in voting specifically for me at this point?

12. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I agree with hyuge, there's no need for anyone else to vote for tale. Assuming he's not hated, one more vote takes us to a soft lynch and four more into a hard lynch. If he is hated, he's already at soft and three more would kill him. True, there's no work-around without knowing for sure, but since this vote is all just first-day guessing, it's a good idea to be careful. After all, we have nothing against tale yet. It's all just random.

That said, I'm not gonna unvote just yet. Since it's all just random, keeping tale at three votes is just as good at throwing votes around at other people.

13. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

...Aside from this:

14. Trigger hewwo uwu

*yawns* yo where the bacon and eggs at bruhs

15. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Alright, so I have a very long "MUST DO TODAY" to-do list and I've already wasted all morning reading this thread over and over while waiting for more posts. XD So it's time for me to take off for a couple hours at the very least, and since I know how fast stuff can go down in this game, I will officially ##unvote: tale/Robin/Highlander/whatever your name is. XD I'll vote again when I get back.

BTW, what is your official name for this game? I'm under the impression that you put in a request and it hasn't gone through yet. I want to get used to calling you by the name you'll have for the majority of the game.

16. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Once my name change goes through, I'm gonna be Highlander (except with a weird fancy r because SOMEONE already HAS the name Highlander), so either tale or Highlander works. XD

17. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

## Vote: Mish

18. Mish smiley day!

How very dare you.

I'm a boring townie this time. I'm also going to be an active townie, so keep me around.

## Vote: Beau

19. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

We currently have no data at all. If we want to gain information, what is the benefit to avoiding a soft lynch? Only mafia will hammer a lynch on the first day, and the more information we can gain during the first day, the better. Ideally, we should be able to figure out two things: who refuses to vote for who without data and who willingly votes for who without data. If the people they vote for never reach lynch status, then their votes are meaningless and do not tell us anything concretely. Those votes only have real meaning if the people who make them are okay with it going to a tangible lynch.

Possibility: If someone unvotes after their target goes to a soft lynch, that can mean one of two things. Either they are both scum, or the voter is not confident enough in their vote. It's possible that they are scumbuddies and the one voted for the other to appear indifferent, but when that person actually faced the noose, they backed off.

Possibility: If someone easily reaches soft lynch and no one objects but the accused, then it is possible the target is town. It's not a guarantee, so the particular kinds of votes and reasons matter, but it's still valuable data even if the person gets mislynched. The earlier in the Day we figure this out, the better, because the earlier we catch it the better we can react to it before deadline. The mafia staying quiet when their own is in the crosshairs on day one is less likely.

Personally, I think town don't have as much reason to back off in these cases as mafia. It's important that we as town do not back off of our votes too early, so what when someone does do it, we can tell that they are being a mafia buddy to their friend instead of a town losing confidence. If everyone avoids a lynch based on personal feelings then we cannot apply a process of elimination based on what people do.

We can't think about any of these things if we make sure people stay safe below the soft lynch line. If there is no danger, there is no need for defensive actions.

Just my two cents.

@Robiɳ: You haven't voted yet... What are you thinking so far?

##Unvote: tale_wind
    ##Vote: hyuge

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  20. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

My thought was that one of the people who immediately rallied for my lynch is Mafia. That was you, Marushi, and al215. But we all know that you're Town, so that leaves al and Marushi, and al's comment rubbed me wrong, as expressed in my initial post. To that end, I wanted to question him about what he said to see if I could glean anything. So I'm gonna give him some incentive to come back and answer.

##Vote: al215