Mafia [Mafia] Miami Haze ~ GAME OVER (MAFIA WINS)

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Ars Nova, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Hayabusa Venomous

Vigilante isn't dead? This puts us in a...mostly positive situation then. Sucks that I was wrong about Bite the Dust though.

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

And this, ladies and gents, is how not to say goodbye. :v

I'll give it to you this once for good behavior, but next time keep it simple.

3. Hayabusa Venomous

The good ol' Metal Gear Solid death monologue, m i rite?

4. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Hmm, I see.

In case you're thinking "how the heck is the Vig still alive?!?! wow this mafia team sucks so bad, they can't even make an obvious call", let me be the one to clear this up. The Vig has been neutralized, and they didn't even have to kill them to achieve that. If we somehow uncover two mafiosi today and we tell our still-exposed Vig to go after the one we don't lynch, the Redirector will inevitably come in once more to turn that easy kill around -- granted the Redirector isn't lynched first, which is extremely unlikely but still entirely possible. Gaah, I really shouldn't lose myself in conjecture all over again, look what happened last time.

Ok, here's where I'll try to lay down some concrete speculation. Everything I have is on the attached pdf file. This is for what they did to you, my good friend. May you rest in peace.[DOUBLEPOST=1411478206][/DOUBLEPOST]Last paragraph in the pdf: *no more than two
    My mistake.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  5. Mish smiley day!

[​IMG]

See you all in hell, townies! Mwuahahahahahhahahahahahahaha....

6. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    Well, if we go by what you've said Judge, although you have to concede your list is somewhat biased as you've omitted yourself from the report, so it's not a true representation of town suspicion and scenarios, we should take those top 5 people of your list and have each plead their case, as this is a very important day in khmiami, we have to be absolute in our decision in the town.

7. ShibuyaGato Transformation

i agree; it's all or nothing now
    i've got nothing to hide so if you want me to go first i can start writing it up...

8. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Clock's tickin' so the question of who first doesn't apply today, this is a day where the Mafia are most likely going to try and lay low so as to avoid drawing attention to themselves and hoping the town screw it all up. Everyone needs to start yappin'

9. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

That is a very interesting compilation of scenarios. Personally, I find it helpful to view it that way. I don't know about anyone else, but I appreciate the effort you put into it Judge. As for the top five pleading their case, I'm sure there is much else I can say in regards to my own case that I haven't already said. However, if someone has a question for me, I will do my best to answer it.

I'm surprised to see that the mafia didn't kill the Vigilante, but if they can manage to get the town to mislynch again today, it will have been a smart move on their part, acquiring that extra kill through redirection. As long as the Redirector isn't killed, that is.

Once everyone has made their case [ or before, doesn't matter to me ], and can decidedly pick who they think the other three mafia members are, I think it would be a good idea to try and decide as a group who we think the most likely person is to be the Redirector. If we can get rid of them, we might still have a chance.

For the time being, I am going to cast my vote because for TwilightBlader. I've had a strong feeling about him as mafia for a very long time now and he's also number three on that list Judge made. The whole thing could just be some elaborate mafia coverup, but I'd like to try and have faith in its validity for at least a short while.

__// Vote: TwilightBlader

10. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Understandable, but I'll have to disagree here. Well, sort of. I mean I completely agree with you in the sense that any kind of authorship is biased, no matter how "objetive" it may be perceived, and we could go on to discuss this particular topic in lengh, but that's beside the point.

To be fair, I never intended to have my analysis function as, in your own words, "a true representation of town [...]". It's supposed to portray my own standpoint, nothing else, or at least not something as pretentious as what you suggested. In this regard, my list isn't as biased as you think. I'm using all the information I have available, which includes the knowledge of my position as a Town player. It was an intentional call on my part so as not to be inconsistent or contradictory.
    I have some things I'd like to point out here. You see, that final suspect list was made in a bit of a hurry, so I didn't have much time to properly explain some concerns. One of those concerns was that the numbers actually meant nothing at all. I didn't rank the members based on any standard there. Honestly, looking back now, I realized bullet points would've been a better choice.

Which brings me to another concern that kind of goes against what I just said: cstar. Her name only shows up once, unlike the other four names, that's why she happens to be at the bottom of the list. Personally, I chose to narrow that list down to include only the top four, but that's just me.

Now that you mention it, I suppose a frequency count wouldn't hurt. Let's see, TB and Haya are in the lead with 4 scenarios, followed by Cat~ and Moksha who are in 3 each, and finally cstar with only 1 occurrence.

11. Jiηx You're such a loser.

No seriously guys this isn't funny, post or lose at this point, we can't afford a silence in the crowd.

12. CrownMoksha Decimo

I have no idea what to say at this point. Judge left an list of potential suspect and no ones bother to question any of them. I'm fully aware that I was on said list as well.

13. Hayabusa Venomous

Can't really do a lengthy, meaningful post right now: trying to cook and then start on homework.

As of this day starting, I'm not finding anyone especially suspicious yet. Really all I can share are hunches, with little evidence at the moment.

This is true: vigilante is already dead by the upcoming game night, even if he or she wasn't killed last night.

I'm curious guys: do you think the vigilante should still keep his or her cover? What do you think would be the benefits of outing themselves, if any?

14. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Okay so looking through this a bit more carefully, I'm noticing that a lot of the intel for groups ends up relying on accusations against each other. But here's the thing: last game, we saw that Jiku was willing to let her fellow mafiosi vote her out for the sake of protecting the whole group. I know it's been mentioned that this game shouldn't be compared to the last, but that strategy is pretty sound and if it's being used right now then it'd be perfect to draw suspicion away from any actual mafia members and onto more of the silent townies.

And yes, I did defend Mok's inability/slight refusal to post, but that's because I could relate. That doesn't necessarily make me a member of the mafia, even if he turns out to be one.

I still have my suspicions of Hyuge (and to a lesser degree, Vivi), and I'm starting to get a little on-edge about Haya. I don't really have any solid evidence, and hell I might be wrong on all of them, but a few of the possibilities are starting to pique my interest. Particularly, number eight. I mean, I might be on it, but when you get past that you can see that Haya and cstar haven't really said anything against the other all game. I dunno, these are all just hunches and I really don't know how to tie any of this together, but I'm gonna leave it here for others in case it sparks a discussion of some sort.

The vig isn't necessarily dead. In fact, there's no point in the mafia specifically killing the vig. If they get ballsy and try anything, the redirector can score two kills in one night for the mafia. The vig really can't do anything from here on out without screwing the town over UNLESS we hit the redirector today.

15. Jiηx You're such a loser.

To clarify, if we don't lynch a mafia member today we lose.

16. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

Well, this is tough. Lets try avoiding choosing a person last minute, we don't want to make a rushed choice and have the mafia use that to their advantage.

So far we have the tracker and vigilante about. If we manage to off a mafia member than the tracker could possibly be a good asset with how low the player count has gotten now. In terms of the vigilante he or she must start working solo otherwise the redirector will screw things up and with the mafia close to winning the vigilante can only really gamble here (basically things already said).

So far, I hold suspicion for those that voted off BtD...the way he was voted off so easy rubs me the wrong way, especially due to how late those votes got in. This could be to remove the option of a no lynch....but still...the mafia could be easily waiting for the last minutes...and it just seemed so nonchalant when they voted him off....

This is all just me moving on through a hunch, but still...with such little time we'd better start posting more

I was thinking about this, but nobody can really prove that they are the vigilante. A mafia member could easily say that they are the vigilante and I don't believe there would be a way to figure out who is telling the truth.

17. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Based on the votes from yesterday the person that falls most into my radar is cstar.

Although a majority of the team did vote to lynch Bite, and everyone who voted for him is still kickin' today, the person who seems the most guilty would always be the second last to vote, it was no surprise Mish dropped the hammer yesterday, but it was in such quick succession to the 5th vote(cstar) that it almost seemed pre-planned. To shake off the bad vibes of being the killing vote that Mish so eagerly took, cstar was really the one who sealed Bite's fate, as long as a townie was the one who had the most votes and reached one from the hammer, Mish would have been daft not to quickly end their life and close the discussion for the day.

Vote: cstar

18. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Tempted to go ahead and vote cstar now but I want to see what anyone else has to say on the matter...

19. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

On the subject of intel and accusations, yes, it's true that Jiku did that last time. However, the key difference was that she was on the center of the spotlight at the time, and she admitted it was the only reason that we, the former Mafia, could have to throw her under the bus. From my understanding, that's a basic rule of being Mafia. Simply put, there is absolutely no reason to vote, or even accuse a fellow Mafia member until the eve of their lynching. That's clearly not the case with the intel being discussed. Those were almost entirely made up of spontaneous accusations and votes.

As for your thoughts on Haya and cstar, I don't get why you'd rather pick #8 over #20. Mafia goggles on, I can read this as a way to ommit TB from your suggestion, or perhaps a mere slip in which you expose your own involvement. Either way, sounds fishy to me.

All that said, I believe that the Redirector is someone who's been very quiet, and has kept themselves that way in order to avoid unnecessary exposure. I'm caught between Moksha and TB, although somewhat leaning towards the former.

Vivi, it probably would be best if we held off on placing serious votes until we come to a mutual understanding. I can't discuss much more because I'm kind of pressed for time right now, but I'll be back in about an hour.

20. cstar stay away from my waifu

Honestly, there isn't particular reason why I haven't spoken to Hayabusa. I haven't been ignoring him, I just haven't seen a reason to reply up until this point. Whenever people had asked him something he replied without me feeling the need to question him further.

Okay, these were my thoughts as I had voted for Bite the Dust:

Throughout this entire thread, I had been pestering the people I had deemed "quiet members". You guys know this, and I am probably more guilty than half of the "quiet members" since I haven't talked much myself. But I had throughout the thread pestered and pestered Bite the Dust to share his thoughts. Constantly tagging him and asking him for insight. Heck a lot of people had been asking him questions. Cat did and entire Phoenix Wright styled questioning towards him he never replied to that day... at that point, when he left little to no information other than "I'm not posting for the rest of the night" and he voted for Hyuge. Without an explanation. I didn't find this play style to be pro-town in the slightest, and I thought everyone else who had voted before me agreed on that as well. I had to go to a prior commitment and the deadline would have hit before that, and he was the person I suspected the most. So I voted for him. How the hell was I supposed to know Mish would drop a hammer? The second I read through the thread I saw Mish's hammer and I screamed, "WHAT THE HELL?" this was the ONLY time I had voted in this ENTIRE game so far, I was trying to AVOID hurting the town in any way. But there it went. I did a last second vote, and Mish dropped the hammer.

I know at this point just for the way I voted and have spoken this entire game that this makes me look REALLY bad. I am not going to be able to convince you guys otherwise but don't vote for me just yet and end this. Question the other people who had voted for Bite the Dust and didn't provide a reason for why they did as they voted.

Like @Moksha who changed his vote to "help the current situation", or @Killian Jones who voted Bite the Dust in what seemed to be to avoid a no lynch.

I'm also aware that discussing why people had voted for Bite the Dust will probably not help us with the now, and if anyone else has a better topic of discussion feel free to throw it out there because I don't have one.