Mafia [MAFIA] Lovers Mafia [GAME OVER, MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Makaze, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

It was random.

I was. It's 'still there' because I went to bed pretty early last night. Have yet read through the thread (properly) to decide whenever or not to keep my vote or not but I'll update when I'm back from work.

2. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

So you say you suspect Mish because lots of other people do... Is there any other reason? Do you find her posts to be kind of weird, do you think they sound like something Mafia would say? Can you think of any post of Mish's that you'd consider being a bit of a tip-off that she's not playing for town? I'm just asking because 'other people think so' is kind of a dangerous way to play this game.

Also, you provided at least a minimum explanation for every read except Nova. Why is he on your suspect list?
    So I'm a bit confused by this play style. You knew that Karuta had a vote on her already, and you weren't trying to build pressure or start conversation or anything like that, it wasn't even a gut read, it was a purely random decision? I don't see how this is beneficial to town. You could just be testing the waters, as you haven't played with us before, but this seems rather suspicious to me. If you're town, I recommend coming up with some sort of game plan before you take action in the future. It doesn't have to be some big crazy scheme, just have a goal in mind and try to work towards it. Even having some kind of plan would have avoided all these suspicions on you.

As it is, you feel a bit more suspicious to me now.

3. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

Gonna have a little update on my reads.

Korosu seems much less sus to me now, since she once again responded "it was random" after we all complained about it and found it sus. I know might be getting into WIFOM, but I don't think a mafia would do that after that much backlash. It seemed to me to be a joke, which this late in the game seems fairly anti-mafia, and whilst it doesn't help the town, I don't think it hurts us that much either.

Suspecting someone purely because other people suspect them seems a bit sus to me. When we're all in the phase of giving gut reads, jumping on a bandwagon is not a gut read. That may be a little strict, but in other mafia games I've played the ones who jump on bandwagons always end up more suspicious that those who keep their own beliefs.

Marushi seems definitely town to me. She's trying to extract every bit of information out of everyone she can, and she's trying to help the less experienced players get a grip on the ropes.

Sunrose is making me feel a bit suspicious too. A lot of the posts he's made have been about the game structure and losing possibilites, which seems kind of... off to me. Can't really explain it, just seems a bit sus, as he's very caught up in the actual structure, and not nessecarily what people are actully saying. He was also quick to attack cal, and read her as mafia, even though that early on, she was getting a fairly strong town read from me.

So in light of that, I'm going to ##Unvote
    and ##Vote: Judge Sunrose

4. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

It's funny because these two sentences are actually kinda contradicting each other. First you say I'm too focused on the structure and not on the content, then you point out that I (allegedly) read Cal's first argument as Mafia-like, which should be based on content, no?

You're not wrong on the first bit, I am in fact quite preoccupied with the game mechanics. Doesn't mean I'm not equally aware of what's going on in the actual posts though. And good luck beating up that straw of yours, buddy. Never once did I even come close to accusing Cal. See:
    That was a simple counterargument. If anything, you're the one who seems quick to twist my words. Not only that, you also seem overly eager to clear Cal as Town for some reason. I'd switch my vote, but I feel we still need the pressure on Jiku for the time being.

5. Mish smiley day!

You posted this an hour after I'd gone to bed. I was keeping tabs on the thread before I left though, that's true.

Saxima or Korosu could be mafia, but they also could just be acting 'flippantly' because it's their first game (I think) and don't know exactly how best to play. So I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I will be watching them.

Cal tends to read a lot into things, so I don't see that being a mafia tell for her. In the last game, she drew a lot of attention to herself at the beginning of the 2nd day because of it. Keep up the analysis though, you may be right and I may be wrong. It's a bit early to tell for certain.

For those of you who have said Al is acting oddly, could you evidence this? Not saying that I disagree but maybe you're seeing something that I don't. Same with Nova, you didn't give an explanation as to why you named him, but he did vote for you, so maybe that's why. Agreed with Splodge, but I'm leaning towards Cal being town.

For myself, admittedly I do tend to gun for people kinda hard early on (see my arguments against the town-aligned Cat in the two previous games. Gurl probably thinks I have it out for her).

People who are seemingly slipping under peoples' radars are Tribbles and Midnight so far (though I know it's early days), but mafia slipped under the radar pretty effectively last time and had us on the ropes because of it.

This whole lovers dynamic really adds another dimension to the game - it's going to be hard to tell whether people are acting 'team-like' because they're both mafia or they're lovers. It's going to make finding scum more complicated. But I think it goes without saying not to lover-spec (saying this pre-emptively, though I can sense that Cal was verging on this earlier with Splodge) - we figure out who people are linked to, possibly both/all town, mafia know who to lynch to get the biggest kill streak.

6. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

Saying that you seem preoccupied by the mechanics is not the same as me saying that you're only focusing on that aspect.

I don't say you've not focused on what people have said, but that its not your main focus.

I'm not seeing where I have been "overly eager" to "clear" Cal as town. I've only said that I thought she was town in my two gut reads posts, and I doubt anyone would take two gut reads as being "overly eager". Cal is the only person I see as being strongly town, so wouldn't it make sense to bring that into my reads?

Believe this as much as you want, but I actually thought you had said this, and this is what I was referring to with "accusing Cal". I was almost certain, it was an honest mistake. You're right, nothing you've said has actually been indicative of you accusing Cal. That area of contention is cleared, but I still find you fishy, even if it is less so.

It was actually Tribbles who said this. The main source of suspicion on you came from focusing on game strucutre+accusing Cal, and since it was actually Tribbles who was accusing Cal and not you, her combination of unhelpful comments+accusing Cal is more suspicious to me now that just your focus on game structure. So ##Unvote
    ##Vote: Tribbles

7. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

It's true that there aren't really any slips or tells going around, at least not any big ones. But I just want to point out that gut-reads are what was asked for. Who you feel is suspicious, even if you don't have a whole lot of evidence for it. If you find evidence this early on, that's great, but if not, everything this early is just speculation anyway. Really, I think people are trying to move past the awkward first day talk by giving reads, so I think that would be really helpful if you participated.

You raise some good points, and I think we should keep a careful eye on Splodge. But I actually was feeling a little bit suspicious of your posts as well, though not enough to classify you as a read. This exchange makes me think Splodge is more likely to be suspect, but yeah, if you're paying attention to content like you say, perhaps you can give us an early read on gut instincts yourself?
    I agree that Cal reading a lot into things is part of her norm. Which honestly makes me feel suspicious that she dropped off almost as soon as real conversation got going, saying that she just didn't really know where to go from here and would post more tomorrow. For someone who so zealously defended Al in the last game off little evidence, and then turned out to be right, and proceeded to go on an impressive winning streak as far as instincts and strong proclamations go, this really seems off. By that time, there were lots of posts she could look at, and Midnight even asked for reads, so I'm not sure why Cal went from being zealous about her instincts to being unsure and hesitant to post them.

As for Al himself, I will say that it's mainly just a gut read. I don't have any specific word or phrase he used to point at and say 'this tipped me off,' I just... I'm gonna be watching him for awhile, see where things go from here.

You raise an excellent point about Tribbles and Midnight, though. They are being fairly quiet. I will say they usually play like this... But as Tribbles was Mafia last game, lol, that doesn't mean she's innocent. XD For my part, though, I feel like Midnight has been more quiet, despite the fact she was the one to ask for reads. Again, this is normal for Midnight, but it seems a bit early. Last game, she asked for reads on day 3, I think? Maybe late day 2. This time she's already asking everyone for opinions on the first day of day one. I mean, this might not be much. It did spur conversation, so it appears helpful... lol, @Midnight Star don't be mad at me, but can you post your gut reads too, please? XD

I think that perhaps the main reason people feel you're being overeager about clearing Cal is because of the attitude you've taken about the people who find her suspicious (or who you think do so). For example, changing your vote to Tribbles based solely on her saying that Cal shouldn't publicly speculate about Mafia plans seems like you're over-eager to clear Cal. It's possible that you're just trusting your instincts and sticking to your guns- and that's good. But I really don't see much problem in thinking Cal shouldn't have speculated about Mafia plans. I don't see how it's 'coming hard' against her.

On the note of public speculation, idk if this is a good idea or not, but I've sort of been viewing this whole 'lovers' scenario as we usually view town-aligned roles: It's probably just better to say as little of them as possible. Feel free to speculate in private, but the truth of the matter is that looking for tells and slip-ups about who might be protecting who will get us nowhere. Remember, everyone is protecting someone. It's no longer viable to use potential buddying as Mafia slips, because it could just be a townie overzealously protecting their lover. And by calling attention to buddying, you could be putting actual townie duos at risk.

This ties into what I was saying about Cal and Judge and/or Tribbles, and even Splodge himself. It's possible that one of you three might be on a scumteam with Cal. But it's also possible that one of you three might be town lovers with Cal, and this conversation is just opening you all up to Mafia investigation. At any rate, continuing to publicly speculate about this could just get us into huge circles of WIFOM, and even if there is buddying going on, it's not really a tell for whether or not a person is Mafia, and is therefore not going to help us in the long run.

8. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Okay I've got to post more. I promised myself I'd be desisive this game and not afraid to post my gut feelings but it's still so difficult. Sitting on the fence seems to be my default position.

Okay so I think Marushi is town, I think she still reads far too much sometimes into nothing but I think that has been done innocently.

I don't know if this means anything and I'm not saying he's mafia but last game I got a really strong town vibe from Al215 on day 1, this game I'm not really feeling the same thing. I don't find him suspicious but I find it curious that I don't feel as strongly that he is town. I have the same thing with a lesser extent with Mish but then again I wasn't convinced for most of last game she was town.

Hmm, also I'm not sure how I feel about the 'random' votes from Korosu and Saxima as when they did that there were already lots of votes flying around and also in a Lover's Game is it really going to be completely random? I'd far prefer 'gut feeling' votes to random ones. That said it could still be them being new to the thread or not reading through everything before posting. Also I approve of Saxima posting her gut reads.

I really really want to hear more from @Jiku Neon, and not just statistics. I know statistics are an easy way to help when you're not so sure of the analysis but they are also easy to hide behind. I don't care if you don't back up your suspicions with anything more than 'gut feeling' but I really want to see them.

Sooo um gut reads for me would be umm Marusi=town, and maybe suspicious of Mish and Korosu.

Aghh I'm so unsure. @Marushi I've been trying to figure them out for the last day xD

9. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

lol, naw, this is good for early day reads, thanks. :)

I probs am reading too much into things, lol. XD Please please call me out on stuff, people. I really don't want to do what I did last game, and I'm not afraid to admit I'm wrong. I would rather learn that I am wrong and change than to live in blissful ignorance of how wrong I really am. lol, I've known people who are always right even when they're dead wrong, and I do not want to be like that, even in a game of Mafia. Some people last game admitted they followed me against their instincts, despite me practically begging everyone to try and prove me wrong. XD I am really really trying to view everything with an open mind this game, so please help me out and tell me when and why you think I'm wrong. XD

10. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

♥ CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE? VOTE COUNT 4 ♥

Jiku Neon (2) - Judge Sunrose, Ars Nova
    Karuta (2) - Marushi, Korosu

Ars Nova (1) - tribbles
    Saxima (1) - Karuta
    Splodge (1) - Saxima
    tribbles (1) - Splodge

Not voting (5) - al215, Calxiyn, Jiku Neon, Midnight Star, Mish

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to hammer.

Day 1 ends at 12 PM EST/EDT on July 31st. There are approximately 48 remaining.

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

So I am decidedly not keen on Splodge right now. He's been talking a lot about the Lover mechanics, which is a good way to look busy without committing to reads. And when he does read people, he changes his mind quickly. Jiku needs to post soon or she's going to become an actual Maf read. Null on Korosu right now, could be making newbie mistakes but also could be trying to avoid commitment. Feel slightly better about Saxima but she does need to reinforce some of her suspicions. Null to light townread on Mish, this does appear to be how she normally plays and there's some good, inquisitive content mixed in there. Marushi is obvtown, as usual.

My vote isn't really doing much where it is, so...

##Vote: Splodge

12. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I agree about Splodge, and my vote isn't doing much either, so I'll help consolidate this one.

##Unvote
    ##Vote: Splodge
    [DOUBLEPOST=1469809667][/DOUBLEPOST]But that's three votes on Splodge so no one else vote, please.

13. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I'm going to answer this by answering the other quotes, but to summarize, Korosu and Splodge seem most suspicious to me. Al is also included in this because he isn't posting as much and for reasons I'll say below.

Korosu didn't seem to answer whether he knew Karuta had a vote on him or not. From what I can see in the thread he reiterated that it was random but didn't answer Al's first part of the question. I could be wrong, though, and if he did I think my points still stand by themselves anyway:

Now, Korosu hasn't played Mafia before, but if they know anything about Marushi and her playstyle, they know Marushi is determined to be right when voting and is generally a bit headstrong (which isn't always a bad thing Marushi) If they followed last game or even just heard things from word of mouth, Karuta may seem like a good choice to join the bandwagon on for a new player, especially a new mafia who figures Marushi won't yet move her vote.

The other possibility is that they could both be Mafia, but I haven't decided on Marushi's alignment yet. Regardless I still find Korosu suspicious in that regard.

They could be a self-serving townie who is still using Marushi's play style to get someone lynched today, but as a Mafia it would make a lot more sense.

I also agree with what Splodge said on Korosu, however, the "on the fence" approach to lynching Korosu off makes me think it's possible they both could be Mafia together. The feeling is weak enough they don't want to lynch them yet, but it's also strong enough they even brought up the point in the first place. This could also be a Mafia trying to grasp for straws in order to make a case to devoid suspicion, and Korosu and Splodge aren't Mafia.

The indecisive attitude is what makes me suspect him, as Mafia have trouble building strong cases because they know it's a fabrication.

@Mish wanted further reasoning about Al.

Now, Al "drawing a blank" considers me, especially because he was so strong in his choices last game. Again, it's the indecisiveness that leads me to that conclusion. Al did do a much of responses earlier, but in this post he is working off what other people have already said instead of what he thinks himself.

He also says "It's frustrating to have to be so passive", but what else is making him passive? Is it because of his lover? Or is it because he's Mafia and he can't build a proper case. The wording and this post in general makes me put Al on the radar. Comparing how he played last game to this game, it's a big difference. The nature of the game itself is different as well, but looking at the other players behavior who last game were town, like say, Marushi, it hasn't changed as much as Al's has.

@Marushi and @Saxima I saw you also thought Al was suspicious, but I know Marushi, you couldn't put your finger on it, could this be it?

On this note, I think we have enough people suspecting Al that at this point, it can't just be a coincidence we all think he's acting a bit weird.

[QUOTE="Splodge, post: 4285213, member: 60874"
    Sunrose is making me feel a bit suspicious too. A lot of the posts he's made have been about the game structure and losing possibilites, which seems kind of... off to me. Can't really explain it, just seems a bit sus, as he's very caught up in the actual structure, and not nessecarily what people are actully saying. He was also quick to attack cal, and read her as mafia, even though that early on, she was getting a fairly strong town read from me.
    [/QUOTE]

I disagree, I think focusing on the game mechanics is a good thing because it made us all aware this could go horribly wrong. And you sort of planted the idea that he read me as Mafia when he didn't say that at all. There isn't anything that could remotely be taken there as a misunderstanding, and for that I think you thought we wouldn't go back and fact check? Or you were trying to get away with that. This reads as majorly suspicious for me.

To summarize, Nova hit it on the head in terms of suspecting Splodge, Korosu still seems suspicious for reasons I said above, and though I want to see what everyone else has to say about Al, I think it's time to start prodding him further.[DOUBLEPOST=1469809966][/DOUBLEPOST]( Something happened to Splodge's last quote but I can't fix it so sorry haha )[DOUBLEPOST=1469810254][/DOUBLEPOST]@al215

Consider this your prodd.

##Vote: Al215

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  14. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

This is the post I was referring to when I said that Judge was accusing you of being mafia:
    But as I explained here:
    It was an honest mistake. As I said before, feel free to believe that as much as you want, but isn't it more likely that I actually did make that mistake, instead of and there being a post that called you out on being mafia by some coincidence this early on in the game when suspicions aren't that strong? I even said in my post there, there is literally nothing that Judge said that would make someone believe that he thought you were maf. Even the example he gave of him coming close to accusing you is a stretch at best. I don't see how, if I was mafia, I would expect that to fly under anyone's radar. It was an honest mistake.[DOUBLEPOST=1469811281][/DOUBLEPOST]How is a reminder that we could lose day 1 really that "helpful"? It's only helpful if we know who the lover pairs are, and since we don't, it means, essentially, nothing,

15. Mish smiley day!

Posting to say that I would also be voting for Splodge if you hadn't expressly suggested that we don't.

Those are some compelling points about Al. Not being able to build a case when he could last time, for example. Consider me partially swayed by this. I'm not convinced that anyone is mafia thus far (not even Splodge), but they are both at the top of my list.

We are still waiting for Tribbles and Jiku to post anything decisive. Jiku I'm willing to let slide for the time being since she's more of a quality vs. quantity poster in any scenario. Tribbles is playing in her usual 'quiet-ish' style but notably she was mafia last time, so if anything we should be seeing a difference for this game.

16. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Oh man I'll probably be doing damage control about myself for every Mafia game I play for the rest of my life. XD

I know I really screwed up last game, but I just want to say, I'm not determined to be right. The times last game when I posted stuff like "Please please let me be right this time," and "Can't I just be right about one thing? Please?" Those were supposed to be jokes. I was attempting to joke about how I'm almost always wrong by begging fate to let me make one right call at least. In addition to this, I've already said: I was trying out a new play-style last game and it didn't work out. I was trying to project confidence in my reads, firstly to lull the mafia into a false sense of security; to trick them into thinking that they had me convinced, because people are more likely to slip up when they feel like they're in a safe place. If someone knows they're being hunted down, they're a lot more guarded in what they post; they tend to think about it more, re-read it a few times, ask themselves "will what I say here incriminate me?" I acted like I had strong town reads for people I was really suspicious of to make them think I thought they were town. The same goes for the other route; sometimes when I thought someone was town, I acted like I thought they were Mafia, to see if I was wrong about them and if they would crack under the pressure and slip up, and to further cement my feelings towards them as town if they reacted like a townie does when falsely accused.

I was playing backwards last game, accusing people I thought were town and assuring people I suspected that I thought they were probs innocent. I was trying to be clever, and I was trying to keep my hand well hidden. This is why near the end of the game I surprised so many people by 'admitting I was wrong' so easily when everyone thought I was going to defend Cstar till the day I died. I was already fairly sure that Mish was town and Cstar was Mafia. I was playing backwards, and I was also being overly cautious. It's also why at different points, Cal would point out a strong piece of evidence and express surprise and sometimes even concern that I couldn't see it. I did see it, I was just not publicly commenting on it because I erroneously was trying to keep my aces up my sleeve to be used later, so to speak. I'm not determined to be right, I'm not blind to evidence that will disprove me for fear of being disproved. Man... I really screwed up last game, and please believe me, I don't intend to play that way this time. If people are trying to sheep me like Cal suggests, I'll tell you now you're sheeping the wrong person.

Now then. Moving past my attempt at damage control and actually addressing the post. XD

You bring up an excellent point about Splodge's half-hearted idea to lynch Korosu. To add to that, I think it's a bit of strong wording to already be talking about lynching that early in the game. It strikes me as possibly someone making sure to be on record as being a team-player (promising to consolidate a lynch if the time comes) without really providing much reason for it. If people had already been decidedly suspicious, with a few votes on her and the team had come to the decision to probably lynch her at the end of the day if nothing better came up, I would understand it, but like I said, this just seems a bit strong.

This might also not be helpful, but early day one, it struck me as odd when Splodge went out of his way to tell me he wasn't out to get me after I got my second vote. I wasn't too worried about the votes, it was RVS and it was just two. But it just kind of seemed overdefensive for Splodge to let me know he didn't really want me lynched... it rang a bell in my head as just something off. Like I said, idk if it means anything, but with everything else about Splodge on the table, I thought it might be worth mentioning.

As for what you said about Al, I think you're probably right. That thing about being passive does seem really out of place. And you're right that he seemed to be posting a lot more last game... Though it did seem to me like he was the kind of player who would wait for a long time to post and then come in with a wall. This time, his walls feel different, and like has been mentioned, the wording is all weird and off. I definitely think we should watch him carefully, but for now, I think Splodge is a better target. After all, it's possible Al just hasn't posted yet for the same reasons you hadn't.

On that note, I'm not really finding your 'inactivity' all that suspicious anymore. I do still think it was a little fishy for you to leave yesterday almost as soon as conversation started, but your above post makes up for that, so for now you're back to 'could go either way' for me.

Here you defend your previous stance against Judge, but I want to point out that your new case against Tribbles is contradictory. You say that you suspect him on firstly not making helpful comments, and secondly for going against Cal about Mafia-plan speculation. But this contradicts, as I personally believe that warning against the potential of anybody accidentally giving the Mafia ideas is a helpful comment.

As for the potential helpfulness of studying mechanics, I think that, while we shouldn't get caught up in the mechanics of the game, it's very important to be aware and to ensure that others are aware of them as we play. The point of his pointing out that we could potentially lose three townies was because on this site, we have a history of lynching an inactive player on day one, even if several people actually believe him to be town. Our reasoning is that the player is hardly helpful, and that we're not likely to lynch a Mafioso on day one anyway, so we prefer to make a pro-town decision to lose an inactive townie, than to risk going after bigger fish when it could hurt our chances in the future. The mechanics of this game changes that. Due to the volatile nature of the lovers, we can't risk lynching someone we think is probably town, because we might just hit a town threesome. This game, we have to try and shoot for a Mafioso. I think that was why it was important to bring it up, and that's why I think it was helpful.

Also, I've been keeping a log of everything people say in this game, since I wanted one near the end of last game and didn't want to cover 40 odd pages at once. You say you read Cal as town in two gut-reads posts, but I don't have a record of that. I just searched your posts to doublecheck I hadn't just missed one, and you actually don't read Cal as town in two posts. In the first post with your reads, you actually say that Cal could go either way and you aren't sure.
    And then later, when you update your reads, you don't actually post a read on Calxiyn after all, you only reference her as evidence in your suspicions on Judge, this time saying that you had thought she was town earlier.
    This is contradictory, and for you to use it to defend your 'overeagerneass to clear Cal' when you were brought into questioning seems really suspicious to me. I'm willing to believe that you made a mistake when you applied this to Judge when it had previously come from Tribbles, but I think your use of it in itself is suspicious. If you had previously thought that Cal was a fairly strong town read, why would you say earlier that you thought she could go either way? It looks like you're covering tracks. Also, I want to point out that even though Tribbles did go against Cal at one point, he did not 'read her as Mafia,' as you say. Yes, he said he thought her move might make sense as a Mafia move, but he never read her as Mafia, and you saying so is another mark against you.

On another note, I'd like to say that I'm also waiting for a post from Jiku, though I don't particularly find her absence that suspicious yet. True I haven't played a game with Jiku since way back in the day, but iirc, this was pretty much how she sort of was anyway... Though, wait, I remember there was some sort of coincidence, wasn't Jiku Mafia in every game she played back then? XD I don't remember for sure, does anyone else remember if Jiku was ever a Townie? XD Tbh if she was always Mafia, I rather hope she's Mafia again just for the joke of it. XD (though I want to note for everyone out there that this is not me suspecting her or anything, it's just a note.) We'll see if Jiku becomes more suspicious when she returns. This game she has a post-minimum to keep as well, so we'll see.

17. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Okay, allow me to present my rebuttal here.

As a response to the accusations of not posting much, it began yesterday and I was out at training and then I was tired. This morning, I had a driving lesson and I've been out doing garden work. Therefore, I haven't exactly had time to post but now that it's the evening I can get back to my standard posting routine.

Me saying that I was drawing a blank can be attested to much the same thing in terms of tiredness, however there's some other things at play here. I'm not sure how to play this particular version of Mafia and while other people don't seem to be having the problems that I'm having right now, it's affecting my play significantly trying to figure out how best to play this. Now that I've had a night to mull things over and I'm refreshed, I think you'll find me back to my normal operating standards.

Now, if you're both going to take me to task on the grounds of not building cases nor posting frequently, I would like to not only point you in the direction of others who are behaving perhaps similarly, and have shown a precedent for being suspicious by playing in a very similar way as well as presenting a case of my own now that I've had time to read through the thread again. The individual I am bringing up here is none other than @tribbles.

Here are the only posts of significance of hers. Since you're the self-proclaimed metric keeper, @Jiku Neon would you kindly take a post count of Tribbles and perhaps other people being voted?

I will admit, that there is little to glean from this in terms of suspicion.

This post simply reiterates the feelings of other people and adds little to the discussion. I'm aware that I have thus far done some similar things but the sticking point for me here will be addressed shortly.

She states here that she has nothing to go off. She even goes so far as to highlight one person that she finds suspicious, but where does she comment on her feelings about Ars Nova? She made a bold beginning putting down the random vote, however nothing has been followed up on and the vote remains where? On Nova. For what reason? None. I acknowledge that it hardly means a lot at this stage, we're only talking Day One here but I think there's enough cause to be suspicious here. The main problem is her behaviour last game. Cstar was able to quite comfortably fly under the radar making vaguely pro-Town gestures but we (I say we, I was dead for most of it) ignored her because there were bigger, more obvious fish to fry and yet when pressured, she was the one who cracked. We've already seen Cstar do something sneaky and stay hidden throughout nearly the whole game. We might well be at risk of seeing the same thing happen again (It is at this point, that I noticed that Mish said exactly the same thing but more succinctly).

##Vote: tribbles Call it a prod to get you into the wider fray and out of the flying low band.

I'd agree with you all on the Splodge case too, and even throw my vote down but you've got that covered and have explicitly requested that no more votes are put down. The fact that he decided to take on Judge for very little reason and has had well, frankly lacklustre reasoning suggests that he's a bit shady.

If you're looking for Town reads on me, I'd go with Midnight Star at the very least. I get a very strong town impression from her because she's been trying to get everyone's suspicions out there and has been actively encouraging the sort of discussion that we need to win. She's been constantly talking about gut reads and really tried to focus on making sure that the Town doesn't get hung up on having to justify everything. However, I prefer to provide justification for my suspicions - Hence the case against Cstar.

These are the posts that make me think that Midnight is Town thus far. Based on what I've said above, you should be able to see why I think that she's town based on the encouragement she's given and how proactive she's been in encouraging us to come forwards with suspicions, even if they aren't strongly supported. Remember, this is Day One and there's more information yet to come.

18. Karuta Reborn

Mafia:
    Splodge
    Saxima
    Korosu

Town:
    Marushi
    Calxiyn
    Jiku Neon
    Ars Nova
    Midnight Star

Unsure:
    al215
    tribbles
    Mish
    Judge Sunrose

These are pretty much all gut at the moment, so grain of salt I guess. 3 votes on Splodge at the moment so I'm gonna keep my vote where it is for now.

19. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Here's my preliminary post and vote tracker. Won't be finished until the beginning of Day 2 if I survive that long. I'm also considering adding a list of keywords like "accuse", "mafia", "guilty", etcetera and metrics like post length but it takes so much time to update the tracker as it is so I might not want to ultimately.

POSTS TOTAL VOTES MADE TIMES VOTED FOR Vote Post Ratio
    al215 4 0 1 0
    Ars Nova 8 3 1 0.375
    Calxiyn 12 1 0 0.083333333
    tribbles 5 1 1 0.2
    Jiku Neon 1 0 2 0
    Judge Sunrose 7 1 1 0.142857143
    Karuta 4 2 2 0.5
    Korosu 3 1 0 0.333333333
    Marushi 25 2 2 0.08
    Midnight Star 7 0 0 0
    Mish 7 0 1 0
    Saxima 6 1 1 0.166666667
    Splodge 14 3 3 0.214285714

Not sure what to make of these patterns yet but when I start pulling the final data I'll have further analysis. I'll also probably work on the formatting so you don't have to paste this into an excel doc to read it and while I'm here might as well vote for someone so I won't die immediately.

##Vote: Karuta

20. cstar stay away from my waifu

I voted for Nova randomly, it was still during the random votes phase. I actually genuinely forgot I still had a vote on him ##Unvote: Ars Nova

I had a feeling last game behavior was going to be thrown in here at some point but I wasn't intentionally flying under the radar. I was busy yesterday.

And also, I don't understand why it's a problem that I don't have gut reads yet? It's day 1, I don't think I have ever had a mafia gut read on day 1 ever unless someone was acting way too scummy day 1.

If I may ask, how does any of this help at all? Other than of course, the obvious answers. This was your second post and all you've contributed to discussion was 'I don't have any reads yet' and 'here's a post-vote-voted' ratio. Unless this turns out to be helpful in the longrun, this just looks like a huge waste of time to me.

Well if you guys want a guy read I guess Jiku is the closest with this now.