Mafia [MAFIA] Lovers Mafia [GAME OVER, MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Makaze, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

That was sort of my point. There was already a vote on Karuta at the time, and she had already posted a few times when Korosu voted for her. If she was trying to open up other investigations, wouldn't it make more sense to either vote for someone who hadn't posted yet, or for someone who hadn't yet been voted for? She says it was a random vote, so she wasn't trying to apply pressure by consolidating a lynch. And if it's simply that she didn't see that Karuta had already been voted for, she wasn't paying a whole lot of attention either, and her flippant three-word response fits in with that bill.

All in all, I'd still like to see Korosu's response to the questions asked of her. Her 'random' vote just feels a little odd.

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Hi I've been half-blind for most of the day so I'm doing my best to keep up but I will have to lie down soon

Little wary of the somewhat undue focus on Splodge. D1 is 70% grasping at straws but some straws are flimsier than others. Mish in particular is pinging me by talking almost exclusively about that.

Some of these RVS votes have been on for a lil bit without moving. Splodge, Karuta, are you keeping your votes where they are for the time being? If so, why?

On the subject of lynch targets: I'd say, "Play as normal until circumstances change." We have no scope of who's Lover'd to whom, and people can lie. Knowing what we know at this stage, no choice is truly less dangerous than the others, which makes all things equal. This can change, but let's deal with those changes when they come instead of stressing over them beforehand.

Lynch or not, I want to prod the lurkers because it's another source of information to be tapped. I believe Jiku and Saxima are the only ones who haven't posted yet? Since Jeeks has a vote on already I'll leave mine with Sax for now.

##Vote: Saxima

Yes, generally it's a good idea not to give the Mafia ideas if you can help it.

"Wine in Front of Me," or WiFoM, is a term drawn from the Princess Bride clip posted earlier. In a Mafia context, it refers to arguments or conundrums where your opponent's knowledge of your thought processes changes their decision-making, i.e. "She knows I know she knows I know she'll do that, so she'll do this." Generally, the best answer to arguments of this nature is to just walk away from them; neither answer is usually worth the risk of being wrong.

3. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Quick question: If you feel suspicious about Mish, why vote for a lurker instead?

4. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

[QUOTE="Ars Nova, post: 4285099, member: 61191"
    Some of these RVS votes have been on for a lil bit without moving. Splodge, Karuta, are you keeping your votes where they are for the time being? If so, why?
    [/QUOTE]
    If I see any behaviour that I think is truly suspicious, I'll change my vote, but for now I don't see the harm in keeping it on marushi, as I don't have any strong leads. If we get to a poistion where I think that Marushi is at risk of being lynched, and I don't suspect her, then I'll remove my vote as well, but as for now I don't see the harm in keeping it.

5. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Ah, you raise a good point. Perhaps they were trying to mount more pressure? I'm admittedly not that convinced on that front. It's quite possible that she simply didn't notice because there's a lot going on. Not everyone meticulously goes through everything. We'll see. The answers to the questions will tell their own story, nothing we can do but wait for the answers.

@Korosu Were you aware that Karuta already had a vote when you posted your random vote? Is there any particular reason that you're still keeping it there?

Are you satisfied with Splodge's responses Maru?

Speaking of Maru, are @Splodge and @Karuta still suspicious of her, or do you think that you can move your votes now?

Hmm, might be worth thinking about the people on Splodge then? To be honest, it doesn't feel like a massive deal to me whether they have one lover or more. At the end of the day, we've concluded that instinct is the best thing to go with for now.

Votes are fluid, Nova can change his as soon as the desired effect is achieved. Although, I would say that he could have done with tagging Sax too. I think Nova's a bit ill and just voted for Sax rather than tagging.

@Saxima you are being voted for by Nova because of inactivity. Please jump in when you can for your sake if no other reason.

6. Karuta Reborn

I wasn't suspicious of Marushi when I voted for her. If you look at my first post I just randomly voted because she randomly voted for me. I will move my vote if need be but for now I'm still unsure.

7. Saxima [screams geometrically]

i was eating my feelings for a while over a fic but boy posts sure do go by fast

##Vote: Splodge

8. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Why??

9. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Not full-on suspicious yet, just taking notes.

10. Saxima [screams geometrically]

it's a random pick

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Might be a lil late for that bb girl < <

12. Saxima [screams geometrically]

mm. it's my first game, it's yolo or nothing, i guess. i don't mind :^0 (unless this was @ someone else then whoops)

13. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Fair enough, but while we got you here: Anyone else lookin' suspicious? Whadya think about Splodge's "slip" about how many Lovers he has?

14. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Yeah guys I'm really interested into what everyone's initial gut feelings are on who they think is town and mafia. Don't worry about justifying your choices, I just want gut feeling, on instinct I think ____ is town and ____ is mafia. Don't be scared to be wrong.

15. Saxima [screams geometrically]

it could've just been a random slip of thought, no real purpose :^0
    even if it wasn't, if his lover(s) aren't suspects right now (no one knows who they are), then the only thing to focus on would be him himself.

16. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

For the most part. I still think it's fishy, but not all that suspicious.

Hmm... Idk. Honestly I haven't really had any gut suspicions yet. There are items of interest, but nothing's popping out at me as actually suspicious yet.

17. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

hmmmm

hmmmmmmmm

ok. Long as I can count on you to stick around & post s'more, we're gucci. no not s'mores gfkin

##Unvote

NEXT @Jiku Neon

##Vote: Jiku Neon

18. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

Nothing I have at the moment is that strong.

I'm not convinced on Korosu, that three word "it was random" response does seem fishy, but I don't think that by saying that it makes her more likely to be mafia. I wouldn't be entirely opposed to a lynch, as I don't have any strong feelings at the moment, but I don't see the reason going beyond "possibly not random random lynch".

Saxima seems a little sus to me. Saying "yolo or nothing" seems a little out of place when we have four pages full of conversation to look through and examine. Its not uncommon for mafia to try to start off on a light foot, and whilst lynchung based on that alone would be stupid, I find it sus. I appreciate that its their first game, and some leniency is expected, but it rubs me the wrong way nevertheless.

Cal seems neither town nor mafia to me, but she seems on her toes. She noticing a lot of details, and she was thinking about the mafia's plans. Sunrose thought this was potentially incriminating, but I think, if anything, it was a sign of thinking too much, or biting off more than she could chew, which I don't really see as a bad thing in a game about the flow of information.

19. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I can understand that as the game has really only just started but I just wanted people to post their gut feelings if they have any. On D1 gut feelings are usually more reliable than WIFOM. People being scared to post their suspicions only helps mafia. Last game I was quite scared to post my suspicions as I felt I needed to justify every little suspicion so I ended up just following what everyone else had said. But then after I died I discovered my gut feelings were right, though I had no evidence to back that up. People shouldn't be scared to post their suspicions of who is mafia and who is town even if they have nothing but a feeling to back it up. Also in this game it doesn't even matter as much townies if you get lynched as you could technically take 2 mafia members down with you. So don't be scared to post stuff without evidence to back it up.

If possible I'd like everyone to post their suspicions of who they think is mafia (with or without evidence, gut feeling is fine) before the end of D1.

20. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

This is reasonable. I'm having a little trouble concentrating, I'm watching Days of Future Past for the first time (I know it's late, and I saw Apocalypse first and then First Class, and now this one, so I'm trying to focus on that and this at the same time. I'll try to post gut reads after the movie's over.