Mafia [MAFIA] Lovers Mafia [GAME OVER, MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Makaze, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I couldn't say it better myself Nova. However, I think that it's important that we realize we only have 2/5 Mafia. 4 of us are Town, since 4 Town are already dead.

Mish, Midnight, Karuta, Korosu, Judge.

If Nova and I are town, two of them are also town. We need to decide who is the most town and who is the most Mafia. I agree with Midnight and Judge's poor behavior though.

So maybe as Town we do have:
    1. Me
    2. Nova
    3. Karuta
    4. Korosu

Mafia:
    1. Midnight
    2. Judge
    3. Mish

However Nova, if Midnight and Judge both flip town, the logical thing to do would be to lynch you, since your defense of Karuta and Korosu will look extremely suspicious. If it's one and not the other, we should look at who everyone's lovers are.

I personally still find Karuta suspicious, and I could see him more as a Mafia then Judge. I'm also crossing my fingers that Nova hasn't been playing us.

I would recommend that @Mish @Korosu @Karuta and @Judge Sunrose start making cases to why others are Mafia rather then why you're town. I'll explain later the pattern I'm looking for.

##Vote: Midnight Star

2. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

At work so no time.

The game is in LyLo.

Midnight Star (2) - Ars Nova, Calxiyn

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to hammer.

3. Midnight Star Master of Physics

HARD LYNCH IS 4 VOTES. NOBODY ELSE VOTE FOR ME YET.

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I'm as sure as can be that Mafia will be down to 1 after toDay. But 1 is still enough for them to win. I'm inclined to believe Mish is the last piece of the puzzle, but if one of Midny or Judge flips Town I'm obviously going to re-examine my Lovers and figure out which I trust the least. It may in fact be prudent to lynch me at that point; I will gladly go the way of Marushi if it means sealing our win.

5. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Guys, you do realise that if both me and Judge flip town, which we will (Unless Judge has been amazing at deceiving me), Town will lose. There's no we'll need to reexamine the evidence. Mafia will have won.

Also 3 mafia, 4 to hard lynch? Only one town member needs to vote wrong and we've lost. TOWN DO NOT VOTE UNTIL YOU ARE COMPLETELY CERTAIN AT THE END OF THE DAY.

6. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Guys, I don't care how sure you are about this, but I'd like to remind you that this wagon is already susceptible to a blitz. I'd feel MUCH more comfortable if one of you two retracted your vote. You can still vote back later on, but no joke, this is well into the danger zone.

I absolutely am going to respond to Nova's formal accusation, just not now. I'm in the middle of class and my phone's almost dead.

7. Midnight Star Master of Physics

@Calxiyn @Ars Nova

IF YOU ARE TOWN, UNVOTE NOW. IF YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT BOTH OF US TOWN HAS LOST IF JUST ONE TOWN MEMBER VOTES FOR US.

If at the end of the day you are still convinced then you can revote then, but until the end of the day town should not be voting.

8. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

We tried that yesterday; it got innocents killed. You're not weaseling your way out of it this time.

This vote is only blitz-susceptible if you two aren't Mafiosi, which I highly doubt at this point. I'm not moving.

9. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Well then if you're town and I'm wrong then Mafia has won. I guess we'll see.

If a day goes by and we haven't been blitzed, then I will either be convinced that anyone who has a vote on us is mafia OR Judge is mafia. I guess time will tell.

10. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Nova you dense bozo. Innocents were going to die either way! Breaking news: i t ' s h o w t h i s g a m e w o r k s.

I'm telling you for town's own sake, you're either tunneling too damn hard, or you're Mafia trying to force a hard blitz. In any case, there is absolutely no merit to this stubbornness. You can vote Mid/me back later if you want.

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Y'know how this game works? Sometimes you have to take risks to win. I could be wrong. I could always be wrong. But the voice telling me I could be wrong could also be trying to save itself at my expense. No more games, no more waiting. We settle this now.

12. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

This is a very tense situation, a part of me is paranoid that Nova is playing us. However, if Nova is town, he's a much better skilled player then me and I trust him to lead us through the game.

And I'm also tired of playing things safe and running us in circles.

Numbers wise though, Nova, it would be more likely to find a Mafia if we lynch someone with two lovers.

Judge, who are your lovers again? Midnight and who?

13. Midnight Star Master of Physics

It was Saxima, so Judge and me are a pair, you can't get one of us without the other for better or worse.

14. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Don't give him room to lie, or he will. It may seem reckless but I promise you I've thought this through; if we lynch Judge and he's tied to a Townie, even with two Maf down that puts us in a difficult spot. It'll be one on two, with more chances to lose than win. We have to move slow but steady.[DOUBLEPOST=1470251728][/DOUBLEPOST]Fuck, not one on two... One on three. I can't math. Point stands though, as there are still plenty of Lover entanglements among us.

15. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

The Mafia have told each other their lovers, but to my knowledge no other town in the game told their other lover who their other lover was. Marushi didn't tell Cstar and Al, I'm assuming Nova didn't tell Karuta and Korosu, and I didn't tell Cstar or Karuta.

The fact that you guys know each other's lover without Judge saying it, especially when neither of you were completely cleared as town.

If you suspected each other as Mafia, you wouldn't have told them who you were connected to.

16. Midnight Star Master of Physics

He told me on the QT when Sax was subbed out. Like I said he was lover speccing everyone and he included himself in the chain. Also I only answered you as Judge's phone battery is almost dead so he won't be on until he gets home.

17. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

@Calxiyn But I did tell everyone that Sax was my lover. Right after she was modkilled. I said that I could confirm that, as one of her lovers, I hadn't died along with her modkill. It was only THEN that I told Midnight as well on our QT.

I don't know how long my battery will last. Down to the last 5%.

18. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Anyway I'm just saying this on the off chance that I'm wrong and Judge is mafia and the game doesn't end here, so you can look back on my post in hindsight and see my thoughts.

I'm actually for some reason getting a much stronger Town feel from Cal now, which is kinda odd as I've been sus of her all game and doubtful of her "town-clear". But no, I'm actually starting to believe Cal is town.

Nova on the other hand, I think is mafia. At least I hope he's mafia and not just a mis-guided town member. (That said if Judge is mafia, maybe not as misguided as I currently think)[DOUBLEPOST=1470252683][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The post in question where he basically revealed it on the thread. He said it more explicitly on the quicktopic shortly after.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  19. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Softclaims like that are way too ambiguous. Why not just come out and say it at that point? Especially given your stance on Lover reveals now.

20. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

By the way, this bullshit bravado is a clear appeal to irrationality. I don't buy it in the slightest. The facts don't change, you can't TTGL your way to victory here.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll have to go offline now. I pray this isn't game over.