Mafia [MAFIA] Lovers Mafia [GAME OVER, MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Makaze, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Cal, there's one thing wrong, I think, with your logic in thinking that Al, Tribbles, and whoever your other partner is, are all Mafia. That would mean that of the six of us, (Your partner, you, Tribbles, me, Al, Al's partner) it would be Mafia>Town>Mafia>Town>Mafia>Town, leaving five other players with only one of them being Mafia, which means that there would be a chain of three or maybe even four Town players without a Mafia break in the chain. Not to say this is impossible, but I find it a bit unlikely. Especially considered that all the really active people are in our chain. Your partner could very well be Mafia, I won't say he isn't. But I just don't think it's as likely without actually knowing the details of the case. (Note: This isn't me asking you to tell us who your lover is, lol. XD

Also, you don't have to vote for me, but could you remove your vote for Al? It's making me nervous.

As for the idea that Cstar might have been trying to pull the same thing but in reverse, yes, I thought that too. Because Cstar told me you were her partner in the Quicktopic. That's part of why I did this. I'm going to die either way, I think Cstar might have been trying to sacrifice herself to take us BOTH out.

Nova, I'll ask you what I asked Cal. You don't have to vote for me yet, but can you take your vote off Al please?

As for what you say here, isn't there always a risk of taking two townies for a Mafioso? If we lynch Tribbles, we lose me and Calxiyn. If we lynch Al, we lose me and an unknown. Tribbles and Al are both the scummiest reads we have today. Isn't it a better idea to take out our two top reads than it is to take out one top read plus either known two towns or a town and an unknown?

I'm also suspicious of Midnight, thanks for pointing out her overeagerness. I'm also suspicious of you now as well. And like I've said, I'm suspicious of Karuta. I could be wrong, but I think that the three of you are my top gut-reads for partners with Splodge and whichever of my partners is Mafia.

2. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Karuta is my other lover lol. That's why I wanted to lynch myself.

Also I see what you're saying about Cstar, and I agree it may be better to lynch you then Cstar if we need to take our Cstar. However if we're suspicious of Karuta we could do two things:

We could lynch you today and see where things fall, and lynch me tomorrow to get Karuta. Or we could do it the other way around.

In any case, I do what to see what others and Al have to say about my last post.

##Unvote: Al215

3. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

...Fine.

##Unvote

But I don't like this. Al is still a hard confirm in my mind, but from looking at the way he cased Cstar in this post I don't believe they're aligned. I'd rather take the risk with one or the other than lynch you to get them both.

If anyone else votes for Marushi before more time has passed, consider yourself scumlocked. We are NOT risking the Mafia piling on her until we've had more time to talk.[DOUBLEPOST=1470064827][/DOUBLEPOST]Meanwhile, he defended Midnight in the same breath, vehemently and mostly without prompt. Lookin' pretty bad for her rn.

4. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Ohhhhhh okay. XD lol, that makes sense. XD

In that case, Tribbles will die today no matter what, so what we need to do is determine whether Karuta or al215 is a better choice for Mafia today.

Nova brings up an interesting point about Al and Tribbles probably not being teammates. This might be getting into a bit of WIFoM, but here were my thoughts on that:

IF Tribbles and Al are both Mafia, they would know that A) I am partners with both of them. B) Cstar is also partners with Cal. Therefore, to potentially take out both Cal and Myself AND to clear Al from suspicion, they would have had Al go hard against Tribbles, also trying to convince me that it was worth a sacrifice to have me kill myself by killing Cstar. That is the only scenario in which it makes sense for them to be on the same team, and like I said, it's WIFoM, but it's still a possibility. You'll note that while Al has repeatedly gone after Tribbles, Tribbles hasn't really done much speccing on Al, which I think is further evidence of this.

As for Al himself, my biggest tip-off is that early on day 1, when he was first being brought under suspicion, I said in the Quicktopic that I was worried for a bit but that I thought he was in the clear for the moment. He responded by saying he was glad he was in the clear because if he died, and I quote: "We'd be down by two townies." I laughed it off and didn't catch it until later when I was reading through the thread. He had slipped and admitted that he knew I was town. When I called him out on it, his responses were mostly believable but rather forced, and he really seemed to be fishing for excuses. He also didn't respond in any of the ways that I thought would have cleared him as town... That said, his excuses were believable enough that I wasn't sure about his alignment, and therefore, was going to give him more time. But then it came down to either him or Tribbles, and Tribbles was suspicious enough in topic that I decided to lynch myself and take them both out.

@tribbles , in answer to your Quicktopic question, this was my plan for what to do if I decided both my partners were Mafia. I just didn't tell you because as Mafia, you would have tried to stop me.

5. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Damn @al215 you have a lot of explaining to do.

Now that you said that, I think we should definitely be taking out Al today. I think he is the better choice, especially with this new information. We can always take out Karuta tomorrow depending on what happens to Al and Cstar

6. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

With more on the whole 'Al and Tribbles are unlikely to be teammates,' I purposefully left out my speculation on that to see if anyone would bring it up and cite it as reason we shouldn't take them both out. Nova's doing so isn't a hard tell: The points he raises are valid. But on the offchance that both Al and Cstar end up Mafia, I think Nova is especially suspect, as someone who is trying to prevent this lynch, and who was the first to point to what, IF both my partners are Mafia, was a planted tell.

7. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

That's a really good point Marushi.

As much as I'm slightly worried about lynching you, it could tell us a lot about our other Mafia suspects.

If Al and Cstar are Mafia, we only have two left. That could leave Nova potentially, but he is definitely getting his partner lynched. However, he could be on the more cocky side like I thought Al might be being, and is sure he can win it with a few sacrifices. Karuta because he's our other suspect.

If we only get one Mafia off of them, I still think Karuta, Nova, and then Midnight would be good to look at.

I want to see what Judge, Mish, Korosu and Saxima say. Korosu was Mafiaish for me but they're sort of neutral now.

8. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

♥ DAY 2: VOTE COUNT 2 ♥

Marushi (2) - Marushi, Midnight Star
    al215 (1) - Korosu
    Calxin (1) - al215
    tribbles (1) - Mish

Not voting (6) - Ars Nova, Calxiyn, Judge Sunrose, Karuta, Saxima, tribbles

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to hammer.

Day 2 ends at 12 PM EST/EDT on August 3. There are approximately 48 hours and 30 minutes remaining.

9. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

@Calxiyn can we work together for like, ever and ever? XD

That said, what do you mean by Nova's definitely getting his partner lynched? Because even though I'm very sure you're town, if Cstar does turn out to be innocent, you would be pretty suspect to me, especially on the offchance that Al is innocent as well. But that's all very very unlikely. But still, what did you mean by that? XD

And I agree that I want to hear what everyone else has to say about this too. And Midnight, I hate to say it (especially since I was wrong about her last time lol) is getting to be very suspicious to me as well.

10. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I mean that, if Al is Mafia right, Nova voted for Al with a "No doubt in my mind" attitude. Even if we didn't lynch you, he was going after Al already.

If they're both Mafia, he would be a great contributor to Al getting offed today. However, this could be another case of "My partner is already going to die so **** IT make me look innocent"

11. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Ah, okay, thanks for clearing that up. XD

12. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Just thought of something else, and this is REALLY getting into WIFoM, so just bear with me, and take this with a heavy dose of salt. XD

Both Al and Cstar have been trying to convince me that Cal is Mafia. It could be that by applying pressure to Al, the Mafia were hoping to get me to swing the other way and vote for Cstar to off Cal as town. HOWEVER. If this is the case, I don't think that Nova is Mafia. Because Nova was the one who pointed me to the evidence that convinced me of Cal's innocence. For him to sell her Towniness to me and then be part of a scheme to convince me to vote for her seems incredibly unlikely, near on impossible. Because of this and because of his voting for Al, I would say that IF both of my partners are Mafia, Nova is actually less likely to be on their team after all, despite what he said about their allegedly planted tell. I think that IF both my partners are Mafia and the case against each other was a planted tell, that Nova just fell for it, nothing more.

HOWEVER like I said, that's all MAJOR WIFoM, so yeah, don't read too much into it. XD

13. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Al and Cstar could be going rouge. No offense to either of them but I feel like Nova could be the person who deep inside is like "God I'm surrounded by idiots" and while Cstar and Al are like "Hey man we have a great plan" Nova is trying to do damage control.

I do agree though Marushi, that it could be a bit odd. But depending on who the Mafia are there could be some problems with teamwork.

14. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

...That's a good point. Actually, they could very well be co-aligned.

15. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Yeah. Further evidence of this is that in the Quicktopic, when I was repeatedly prodding Cstar to talk more because I couldn't justifiably keep defending her without actual tangible reason to, she admitted to me that her behavior has been intentional, because if she survived this day it would mean that 'one or both of her partners were scummy?' She said that she knows her behavior is causing her to come under suspicion and that she had no intention of changing it, because if she survives, she'd think Cal was Mafia and her Mafia buddies pulled out of the lynch to save Cal, and if she died, well, she'd be taking Cal down with her... It didn't make sense to me AT ALL from a townie standpoint, but it fits perfectly with a Mafioso taking one for the team.[DOUBLEPOST=1470068516][/DOUBLEPOST]Cstar also hasn't responded to me Quicktopic since that admission, despite my repeatedly asking her to clarify.

16. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I'm starting to understand your confidence in this, Mar. I may be on board with this plan after all. First things first, though...

If Cstar and Al are Mafiosi, that's two out of four. I have Midnight as my third. I believe one of our low posters is the fourth.

@Saxima @Korosu @Karuta Last chance to speak before I start casing you. Who are your Mafia reads?

17. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

I was going to reply, but Maru took the words right outta my... fingers.

I want to clear up some things first. Al FoS'd Nova on one of his last posts (I can't remember which one), but he deliberately left it hanging hoping that I'd pick it up to pursue my tunnel quest again the boss. Turns out I now think that tunnel is a dead-end. In addition, I support Marushi's move. Heck, I applaud it.

I'm thinking the scumteam could be Al, Cstar, and two out of Kelly, Sax or Karuta. TRs: Cal, Maru and Midny. Not sure about Mish, I'd have to check again. AND BEFORE YOU ASK, I HAVE A SCUMTOWN READ ON NOVA, OK?

18. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Just curious: Why do you read Midnight as town?

19. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

I put two and two together:

20. al215 Kingdom Keeper

It looks like a lot of things are going downhill, so since you asked my Lovers are none other than Marushi and Midnight Star. @Calxiyn I am not sure what there is to say, so I will say nothing of it. You've got your conclusions, and there's nothing that I can do to sway you. Actually, I will say that I didn't act like I didn't know how many I had, I just wasn't willing to say so. What now? Make your choice.

##Vote: Marushi