Mafia [MAFIA] Lovers Mafia [GAME OVER, MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Makaze, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

You'll be disappointed, lol. I'm doing other things on the computer and lots of tabs open - I haven't been on here the whole time. Nothing epic or marvelous in my following post. wheeze dont hurt me

As with @Marushi , Nova's post made me think about Cal and look back on previous posts made by her. in slight more detail . I agree with most of it and am just posting it below for reference .

Her speculating on grammar seems a little try too hard for me + as you've later mentioned unless there's a major slip-up, you cannot really build a case on grammar. Splodge's initial post, I can understand her reasoning for jumping on that but it's more of their actions/defense over which makes me and others suspicious of Splodge . I agree with @Mish about her '3rd town speak' being a weak argument and the following hounding on Al doesn't hold up much of a case. Why not drop it?

The following quotes/post sort of ties into another point mostly raised by Marushi - Cal's attempting to bring attention on me can be seen as suspicious.

Mostly a response to Splodge but intertwined an answer Marushi's post as well - I don't think those quotes are examples of me being defensive. As you've said, I gave an explanation for my absence and reasons for being unable to post. Other members have done the exact same thing, including Calxiyn who has (according to Marushi's post) has accused me of being more defensive than Kartura. If her 'evidence' were the posts quoted by Splodge, I would think it odd just to single me out for this. Credit's when it's due, I can understand why you'd be suspicious about me repetition of 'It was random' though but I gave a reply (of sorts here as to why I did it) and my earlier posts as to why I'm keeping (but now considering) changing my vote. I'll wait for replies. I can understand why this post could be seen as 'omg defensive' though and I'm going off the assumption that Cal's evidence of me defensive is what was quoted by Splodge as examples. Trying to draw attention to another player will (in theory and if done successfully) would take the heat and suspicion off of you.[DOUBLEPOST=1469923604][/DOUBLEPOST]omg mish no it's not epic, it's nothing to look forward too gvtyhtk

2. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

@Judge Sunrose , you've been listed as online for most of the day but we have yet to see a post from you in nearly twenty-two hours. Why so silent?

3. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

♥ CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE? VOTE COUNT 9 ♥

Jiku Neon (2) - Judge Sunrose, Midnight Star
    Karuta (2) - Korosu, Jiku Neon
    Splodge (2) - Saxima, Mish
    tribbles (2) - Splodge, al215

al215 (1) - Calxiyn
    Calxiyn (1) - Ars Nova
    Mish (1) - Marushi
    Saxima (1) - Karuta

Not voting (2) - Calxiyn, tribbles

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to hammer.

Day 1 ends at 12 PM EST/EDT on July 31st. There are approximately 15 hours remaining.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  4. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I don't know if I told you guys but
    I'm actually at the cottage and can't really reply, but whenever I get home I'll try to reply to all the posts, or people can ask me questions. Whatever works best for you guys tbh, but I'll let you know when I'm back so we can go from there.

Also Makaze, I voted for Al in one of my posts. It was bolded and everything but no worries.

I don't think I'll be back in 15 hours though, so I want to also vote to ##Extend Deadline

I'm worried about Mafia trying to push a lynch on me because I can't defend myself, using the case Nova built up as a push for that. I don't think Nova's Mafia attempting to do that or anything, but I think it could be taken advantage of.

Anyway I'm sorry guys! I'll see ya soon.

5. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Corrected. Must have missed it twice or more.

6. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Actually, I do have a question for you now. You say you don't think Nova's a Mafioso trying to do this. Why not?

7. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Was out for most of the day (my brother had a basketball game), so I was checking in on my phone from time to time. I've yet to actually read everything new that was presented, but I'm feeling pretty exhausted rn. I'll try my best not to fall asleep while I'm at it, heh.

8. cstar stay away from my waifu

I feel kind of like an idiot, because I didn't notice this until it was layed out in front of me and... yeah, that seems really suspicious and I think you might be onto something with this. Though I'm not sure if it's because they're scum buddies, or if it's because they're lovers? I have NO idea. But I think it's weird that the vote just shifted along with whoever had that suspicion of Cal. Like, yeah I know WHY people are building cases against ME. But he tried making one for judge and gave up when he realized he got the wrong person.

9. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I have a question for @Ars Nova now, actually. In light of the whole thing about Splodge's strange voting habits when it comes to Cal, do you still think they're not likely to be on the same team?

10. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

I've been informed I have to post so I will. After skimming the thread I have become aware of a few things. People want me to post more, I won't be out of town all day again like today but I'm busy with other things that make keeping up with this on a real time basis tedious. So I'll try, but you know how it is. People want me to explain the stats, sorry probably not in game today. I have reasons for this which will become clear, as in I will probably just state them, in game tomorrow so I leave that up to your own discretion on how you want to take that and act on it, it's fine if you find it suspicious. Sorry again. People think I'm not being emotional enough. Sorry, probably not ever. There's really no point in being emotional and using things like suspicions, gut feelings as far as I'm concerned.

So no updates on the statistics since I'm a little (read: very) behind on my tracker. No updates on my votes, I think things are fine. No defenses or accusation or anything, still gotta process the data.

Yeah, as for requests on my end. I guess tag me more consistently when talking about me so I know what to prioritize in addressing. Thanks.

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I don't have his voting history in front of me because I'm about to go to bed, but Splodge could be wishy-washy on her from either alignment. I don't believe it affects the chances of them being opposed.

12. Midnight Star Master of Physics

It's the final day so we probably want to start thinking about who our final lynch target is actually going to be.

Also I don't know if this applies to anyone other than Mish but if this earlier deadline causes a lot of people to not be able to get on before deadline or no as much or causes a significant drop in activity on the run up to the deadline, then I would be fine with the deadline returning to it's old time (like it was last game). I know this means I usually miss the last 3/4 hours of the game but I still usually got on in the last day and was able to talk in the run up to the deadline, if this is causing people like Mish to miss the entire last day, that's worse. Also 5pm is still early for me, if I end up going out today, which I actually might be, I might miss the end of the day. So I think if we do get enough votes to extend the deadline, it should be to it's old time and not just an extra 24 hours, otherwise we'll get the same problems tomorrow as we had today.

13. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I think Nova is just trying to build a case like the rest of us have doing. It's not like two other people jumped on the lynch wagon right away and I thought "one of you are Mafia for sure trying to take an opportunity to lynch a town."

But I do need to review Nova's case again and his posts in general to get a better idea of his alignment and his style. So that may change but right now I see what he's doing with me the same as me trying to grill Al.

I still think Spoldge is Mafia (you guys have eased up a bit on that though) and tbh, if this is a Mafia "strategy" or just a wishy washy weird new town, I already lean to Mafia but even I can't say for sure.

As for what Cstar said, about scumteam or lover, remember we can talk to our lovers and the Mafia have their own day chat so if someone doesn't like what we're doing, or what their doing, they/we can tell them/us to stop. (I mean I would say that's good advice for everyone)

If I was Mafia or his lover I would be like "Dude no wtf" and Splodge wouldn't be able to blink at how fast I would yell at him with "HEY DONT DO THAT please." He wouldn't have made it to changing to Cstar. I hope you guys have some faith in me that I wouldn't let the new people, even if they were my lover, mess up my chances of helping us to a town victory xD

(I'm not trying to bash the new players btw. Mafia is a team game we all work together even if you're learning, making mistakes is part of that so don't worry)

14. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Also I guess that answers Midnights question but I'm still on Splodge, however, looking at the voting I'm a little concerned about Saxima and Mish both being Mafia and trying to lynch a town. I don't remember if Mish had a case for him or not but no one that made a Splodge case seems to actually be voting for him.

If you guys agree that's a little weird I would go with lynching Saxima over Mish. Saxima is kinda flipping for me a little bit. However if not I'll just stick with my guns.

15. al215 Kingdom Keeper

I don't know whether it's a definite scum tell or not but I do think that Cal needs to do more than nitpick so we can actually make progress in this game, right now it's not achieving all that much.

I also want to see Cal respond to this, because she's been avoiding the issue in the posts that she's made since. Why would she ignore it, except for that she has no way of clearing herself of the accusations put against her?

I mean, with all that said what do you actually think about Tribbles? I think that she's a safe lynch for us and we've already got some support for it. At the moment we are very much running out of day so we do need, yes need to decide on a lynch and consolidate. It's clear to me that we don't seem to put a lot of stock in the Karuta case, because almost nothing has been said since about it and we've been focusing on other issues. While I think that we've come to think that Karuta is less of an issue, I still think that Tribbles is a significant threat that could potentially emerge later. I'd lynch her over say, Saxima in a heartbeat because Sax is newer and she's a little bit less of a threat, whereas I know that Cstar could become a problem later on. I don't think that we have enough on Sax to justify a lynch on her.

Put it this way - Lynching Tribbles also gives a bit of perspective. We'll get information on alignments. Since I'm apparently a point of contention now you'll see where I'll flip and you might get an idea of how other people might too. The other options seem to me to be too weak to justify anything else and we've already got two votes on Tribbles. It's an easy one to push through with the limited time left and by the looks of things there will not be an extension. I encourage you to put the vote down here.[DOUBLEPOST=1469968260][/DOUBLEPOST]And I think that lynching Cal is probably a waste of time because we'll be able to figure her out based on what happens after the Tribbles lynch.

16. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

I've been thinking about it and I'll uncast my vote for Karuta for now. Like @Midnight Star said, it's time to start thinking of who our final lynch will be before the deadline. If possible, that is. #Unvote: Karuta
    Does anybody find the wording of this odd or is it just me? I don't know Cal well enough to know her regular posting style (besides outside the KHV discord chat but I hardly think that counts) so it may just be me.

As for tribbles, I find their past posts a little odd (how they defended Splodge and then attempted to redirect attention etc) and could see them as a safe option for the final lynch if more is not revealed from others before the deadline. I'll wait and see before voting again.

17. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Highlighted to clarify that's what I'm calling attention to.

You weren't online at the time, and the flip was so sudden you wouldn't have been able to stop it anyway, regardless of chats or quicktopics. Here are the posts in question:
    In post #103, made at 9:48 AM EST, Splodge votes for Judge based on being too focused on game mechanics, and for being 'quick to attack you,' i.e., saying that you shouldn't publicly speculate about Mafia plans, and it makes him wonder if you might be comfortable with it since you already went through the plans as Maf. (what Tribbles said)

After Judge defends that he didn't attack you, Splodge realizes that Tribbles was the one who warned you about Mafia speculation, and completely flips. In post #106, at 11:31 AM EST, Splodge posts as follows:

Splodge admits that the vote on Judge was half "too focused on mechanics" and half "Attacking Cal." Since Judge wasn't the 'attacker,' Splodge immediately jumps on Tribbles, seemingly pulling the secondary evidence out of thin air, voting for Tribbles for half "Not being helpful enough" and half "Attacking Cal." That's what I meant by strange voting patterns, btw, @Ars Nova , I wasn't saying that Splodge had voted for Cal in a wishy-washy way.

Cal, You didn't return until an hour after this second vote, and when you came, you didn't even address it publicly. This was your following post:

I disagree, I think focusing on the game mechanics is a good thing because it made us all aware this could go horribly wrong. And you sort of planted the idea that he read me as Mafia when he didn't say that at all. There isn't anything that could remotely be taken there as a misunderstanding, and for that I think you thought we wouldn't go back and fact check? Or you were trying to get away with that. This reads as majorly suspicious for me.

To summarize, Nova hit it on the head in terms of suspecting Splodge, Korosu still seems suspicious for reasons I said above, and though I want to see what everyone else has to say about Al, I think it's time to start prodding him further.[DOUBLEPOST=1469809966][/DOUBLEPOST]( Something happened to Splodge's last quote but I can't fix it so sorry haha )[DOUBLEPOST=1469810254][/DOUBLEPOST]@al215

Consider this your prodd.

##Vote: Al215[/QUOTE]

In this post, you say that you suspect Splodge, and yes, there's plenty of reason to, but you don't bring up the biggest points, my theory is because they incriminate you as well. Instead, you start up a new case against Al that we've all agreed is fairly weak. My theory is that this was done to possibly put distance between yourself and Splodge, where previously, you had actually appeared to defend Splodge, and even seemed to state here that he wasn't likely to be Mafia, while getting everyone to focus on bigger leads, namely Al.

So saying that you would have stopped the vote from reaching Tribbles isn't viable, because you weren't online at the time and couldn't have stopped it. You would have been facing damage control, not preventative measures, and I think that's exactly what we saw.

I've already said that I don't put much weight on the Tribbles case. For evidence given above, I think that Cal and Splodge could be Mafia working together to bus a lynch on Tribbles. I believe that Mish could possibly be in on this, and if Cal turns out to be town, I think the other culprit could turn out to be Al. I would prefer a lynch of Calxiyn, Al, or Mish over Splodge, but since none of them are currently at the tie for votes, I'm going to have to go with Splodge.

##Unvote
    ##Vote: Splodge
    [DOUBLEPOST=1469973546][/DOUBLEPOST]Sigh... Sorry, formatting messed up because Cal had a quote in her post so it changed somehow after I highlighted it. XD

18. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[DOUBLEPOST=1469974481][/DOUBLEPOST]Something weird happened to my post...

19. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Alright, so we're mostly in agreement here in regards to other people, just not really each other, lol. XD Actually I feel a lot better about thinking the Cstar case is weak, if you think so too, @Calxiyn . XD

I'm still unsure about you... You come across as really suspicious to me, but everything you've said and done still fits into how you played as town last time, and your responses usually seem valid... Idk, half of me is getting strong Mafia vibes but the other half is getting strong townie vibes. It's not enough to just average it out and mark you as 'unsure,' because it's more complicated than that. I guess I'll just have to wait on you and see how things turn out tomorrow.

Pointing out we now have an hour and forty minutes before deadline.

20. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I'm sure I can prove myself tomorrow Maru.

Anyway, I didn't realize the deadline was soon so I may as well vote.

##Vote: Splodge

On that note I want to clarify that even though I did respond after saying I wasn't here, it was only because I saw questions that people were directly asking me on this page.