Mafia [MAFIA] [GAME OVER, TOWN VICTORY] The Classic Setup: Game 1

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Makaze, Jun 27, 2016.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Weird. I thought I had bolded it. (testing this out: bold [not bold])

In any case, it was the wording of "cleaning house" that struck me as impersonal and wanting to get this over with as quickly as possible. Why rush to "clean house" when we've still got about 30 hours left?

2. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Btw what does "cleaning house" actually mean? I'm guessing by context it means something like getting rid of all inactive or useless players, maybe? Or does it just mean finish up?

3. cstar stay away from my waifu

well, could you make it default color so it's easy for it to stand out in your posts I guess?

And I get what you mean, and we don't really need to "clean house" in a rush on day 1, though I know games that like to just get day 1 over it.[DOUBLEPOST=1467231847][/DOUBLEPOST]
    If he meant finish up I misinterpreted it as getting rid of useless players.

4. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

Your logic is so far off that you're starting to be a main suspect for me. ##Vote Tale and cleaning house may have been wrong wording but I meant it as theyre more suspicious not replying and being low key after 2 or so days.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  5. Ghost King's Apprentice

Don't forget to bold your votes. Also, you mean cleaning house as getting rid of the ones who aren't contributing, right?

6. Midnight Star Master of Physics

You know responding to accusations by making fun of your accuser and voting for them isn't necessarily the best way to go about things. Anyone can say they are town and people voting for them are making a huge mistake. The best way to clear suspicion off yourself is to prove you are an asset to town and you are helpful. (In my opinion you've not been so far) Try to back up your suspicions with more than one line and explain why you did the things you did when accused.

Also I've said this before but being quiet isn't necessarily suspicious meaning someone is mafia, however it is completely unhelpful to town so in a situation like this when we have nothing to go on, lynching the inactive and unhelpful players is our best bet. You probably understood that already, I just wanted to reiterate with you saying it's suspicious.

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Aren't you the one who said a few pages back that hanging back until the end was a good strategy?

8. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

You might want to re-read my posts, I never said anything about hanging and laying back until the end being a good strategy. I did however suggest it to be a good idea for a Mafia person.

The way I view it is if you're quiet and not contributing to anything then what are you doing here? What's the purpose of hiding out?

9. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I believe this is the post tale is talking about. In that post you do seem to imply that if you were mafia, that would be what you saw as a good strategy.

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Hm, so you're right.

That said, it bears repeating that editing your posts is not allowed. I added your first quote in here to my queue, then went back and found your other quote and came back to the last page, and now your post is different. Not only is editing strictly forbidden, but it makes you look like you have something to hide.

11. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

My work computer doesn't have ajax enabled so it posts every other sentence I make even if its not finished.. I edited it on my phone to finish my original sentence.

12. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

Yes, I've stated that twice now.

13. cstar stay away from my waifu

I know it sucks but you still can't edit to finish a sentence. It's why I posted after accidentally posting only a quote earlier.

14. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Be that as it may, editing is still strictly forbidden. @Makaze

15. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I just want to second that. That post has definitely been edited. I have screenshotted proof of the original post.

16. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

Pretty sure Makaze will understand, not like anyone but you two cares. Because you know, some people have work.

17. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

In fact @Makaze

I'll even inform him so he knows that my personal ( work ) disabled me to complete my original post so I had to finish it off on my phone.

18. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

You could have just double posted, like you're doing now. There's no rule against that.

19. Ghost King's Apprentice

Double posts are fine here, so don't worry about editing from now on.

20. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

I just how home now so I'm able to post more freely. Work computer gives me a certain quota on how long I can view a certain site.