Mafia [MAFIA] [GAME OVER, TOWN VICTORY] The Classic Setup: Game 1

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Makaze, Jun 27, 2016.

1. cstar stay away from my waifu

Probably not, I wouldn't be afraid of voting. It's just very unnecessary to hard lynch someone on day 1. Even if people want to push to end day 1 awkwardness early I find that hard lynches are for those occasions where people feel absolutely certain about someone or if there's a limited number of people left and a hard lynch is imminent. Ya know? So don't be afraid to post a vote on day 1 even if your only suspicion is that like... Cal stole your musical cd set or something stupid... obviously you should try to be a little more in depth but... eh.... day 1 sucks.

2. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Very sorry about all this! I completely forgot as I had family come in from Arizona today and spent most of the day chasing tiny children!

If I were to be lyched, I could not blame any of you since I didn't say anything. Again, very sorry. And thanks to Midnight for poking me on discord (but not for voting me up to die. That makes me sad face).

3. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Well it would be better to have you replaced instead of lynched (if possible) but how long do you think your activity will be low? I mean it doesn't dramatically change the game to be out for a game day or two. But having an inactive Townie hanging around would be slight Mafia advantage. And having an inactive Mafia member just gets weird.

4. G-dog Moogle Assistant

recht I was stupid for a moment and did not watch te trear or read a thing and I don't understant the game

5. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

This is what I'm saying, but I defended KH530 and now it appears I was wrong. The low activity is hella suspect though I'll say that.

6. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I should clarify that someone with low activity isn't necessarily mafia, in fact there is probably at least one member of the mafia in the more active players. HOWEVER, right now we don't have very much to go on so lynching anyone is a risky as we don't have much to go on. Lynching someone with low activity is the best option in this circumstance as even if they are town, they aren't being much help so we don't lose as much. It would be really bad, if we lynched one of the active players right now and they turned out to be town as that would be a much bigger loss. Even if there is a mafia member who posts a lot, they are more likely to slip up sometime and we have more material to judge them on. Someone quiet is hard to judge their role as we have very little to go on. I'd hate if we all got taken out because we ignored the quiet mafia member who barely said anything. We need to make it so staying quiet and not saying much is not a viable strategy for the mafia.

7. al215 Kingdom Keeper

lol We probably want something better than Cal stealing CDs but yes XD

And I don't think that hard lynching is necessarily ideal, but making sure that we hammer someone we want to is better than getting one of us randomly killed.

Wholeheartedly agree, said it in fewer words than I would have.

Judging by this response, I don't think that there's much more to be gained from keeping pressure on KH530. That's the response we've gotten, and I'm willing to say that I'm not super suspect of the low activity because he was elsewhere. Although, I do expect you to now take an active role in discussion @Kingdom Hearts530 when you can since you're now back.

##Unvote: Kingdom Hearts530

This does leave us with a question of who we're going to press next. Judgement day is tomorrow unfortunately so we don't have too much time.

8. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Btw KH530 and Mish are both girls, just so you know.

Hmm I'm fine with switching targets though I really hope Hearts is able to post a bit more. There is the 5 post rule after all.

Personally I'm tempted to switch to G-dog. I think he implied he hadn't posted much as he hadn't really read it and didn't understand the rules. I think he's telling the truth there but that doesn't mean he cant be mafia and also I don't think he's going to be of much help to the town (at least not without someone trying to explain it to him better) so we won't really lose much if he is lynched. I feel quite mean for saying this though and it's not really the best way to treat new players and if we don't lynch him, making an effort to explain the rules to him more would probably be worth it. I'd like to know people's thoughts on this, I'm open to change.

For now at least, I'll do this

##Unvote: Kingdom Hearts530
    ##Vote: G-dog

9. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

I mean my family is going to be here for a week but I will be checking this now. I just forgot I was apart of this because I had a lot going on.

This is also my first time playing so I'm going to read through of the entire thread again when I wake up and when it's not 4 and 9am.

Also while I understand why G-Dog seems a bit suspicious, I genuinely think he doesn't know what to do and I understand the feeling of being confused (god knows I feel a bit confused myself). Because of this, I'm hesitant to vote him up right away, but I would like to see others thoughts and maybe my view will change.

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I admit I find myself agreeing with Midnight with regards to G-dog. That said, if he really doesn't get what's going on, I'm willing to give him a little time to try and get up to speed before I go ahead and vote for his lynching. Maybe not the rest of the day, since we'll need some vote if we don't want Makaze to randomly cull one of us, but still.

11. G-dog Moogle Assistant

After reading al of the thing in this my instinkt tales my That Midnigt and Calxiyn

12. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Care to explain you reasoning? I hope you're not just suggesting me because I voted to lynch you.

13. al215 Kingdom Keeper

I agree with Tale here, giving G-dog some time to get into the swing of things would be beneficial just to let him get to grips with things.

Also sorry Mish and KH530, I didn't realise you were girls so thank you for pointing that out Midnight.

Yes, some reasoning for that would be nice. I'm not too suspicious about Midnight at the moment, though Cal is a slight grey area. The response here will determine my vote.

14. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

It's cool Al, no worries. Thanks for telling him Midnight, I appreciate it :)

And I agree with Al in view of Midnight- she doesn't seem very suspicious at all. Of course that may change but not as of right now.

15. G-dog Moogle Assistant

first page you want to Lynch somwany for the spotligt but the talk was about disney land/word mmmmm nobody talk edered about lynching

second page after the post mish respond whit a name but after that Calxiyn makes a post about how the post of the lynching and a respons that you are the maffia, and you where shoked about the post and the analyaising but what if you where seen troug your plan and to make you not a sus you sad ' think you might be overthinking it a little but this kind of analysis is good on the whole and well done. after that AL252 sad stuf but then make's Mish a anteresting comment that KH53 not had possed anyting and was first on the list but I did't post anyting so con; Mish and MIdnigt are working in a par. and you back up jour comment twice but deferent ( Cal did't post unly one thing in the con and it was the anelys)

derde page: you did post that I need to post to not by Sus ( that was good on your part) but if I was Maffia I would leave it that way so I are out of the game becaus we dont talk so we are Sus that was your only post on the derde page

last page you sad that a actief player coud by a maffia and of alle the people on this you are the most actief you did post that I need it help understentid the rules ( That is true) and then you vote me.
    and the reson for Cal cuts

tis took me like 30 min and this my not be a lot of evedince but you are making for me a realy realy SUS

16. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I don't mean to be rude, but is English your first language?

17. G-dog Moogle Assistant

No my first language is Dutch

18. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Okay, gotcha~ I was just curious.

19. G-dog Moogle Assistant

No prob

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  20. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

Hella rude, jeez. But lol how real things just got, everyone's accusing someone of being Mafia.