Mafia [MAFIA] [GAME OVER, TOWN VICTORY] The Classic Setup: Game 1

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Makaze, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

See, I can see your reasoning here. Ghost is a pretty safe target... But I thought last night that Midnight was a pretty safe target, too. XD No matter who we lynch, we have a 75% chance of hitting Mafia, add or subtract from that number what little you will by way of evidence. But that leaves an approximate 25% chance of error, and that would cost us the game. And even though it might seem low, I think 25% is high enough for me to want to be very, very careful.
    Actually, we had more than that. We also had Calxiyn, who was in trouble for not being the cop and also not being dead. We had me, the one who had pitched the final vote to seal Tale's death. Adding me and Calxiyn to the list, there were six people up for suspicion. And Mixt was a bit on the lower side. Explain how it makes sense for Cstar to have been 'bussing' Mixt specifically out of the six potential cases she could have sided with, before Mixt was 'revealed' to be Mafia.
    Yes, we have plenty of time and I suggest we take advantage of it. Let's also keep track of how many posts each of our Mafia suspects has, and make sure we ourselves don't fall short of the required amount of posts.

Mish: 3
    Mixt: 0
    Ghost: 0
    Cstar: 0

2. Mish smiley day!

This is my point, that Mixt was on the 'lower side', therefore safe for Cstar to pretend to suspect. She bussed Mixt specifically because they're both mafia, that's what bussing is.

3. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

But then why would she have pointed out such a good reason for choosing him over me?

Let me make this clear: If you are town, then you are the one person who can save our necks and win this game. Why are you posting so flippantly? You don't have to respond to every post with one sentence. You can take your time, you can go over some of the different aspects of the thread. You have activity logs and vote records to look over if you want, thanks to Midnight. You have loads of information that you could use to prove that Ghost, Cstar, and Mixt are the Mafia and you are town.

By just throwing out a sentence here and there when asked questions, you're only serving to make yourself out to be more suspicious.

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Alright, so I asked about the mafia PM/QT availability and they can only respond in there during night phases.

They can't strategize with each other during day phases without breaking the rules. We're going to have to keep them on their toes.

@cstar @Ghost it'd be nice if you could reply with some reads/theories, or at least just hop in and say "hey i'm a bit busy now but i'll post reads later"

@Mixt I have seen you checking out the thread without posting. I know you posted some analysis yesterday but some acknowledgement or a read on Mish's behavior would be nice to see. I'm starting to lose that faith in you with this behavior...

5. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Sorry, I'm doing work at the moment. I've just been checking in so that I'll have less catching up when I'm ready to actually post. I marked myself as invisible to avoid being called out, but either it's not working or you see it anyway because of being staff. Regardless, I'll be on later.

6. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Alright. That'll do. Thank you for letting us know.

7. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Post count of the suspects:

Mish: 4
    Mixt: 1
    Cstar: 0

8. cstar stay away from my waifu

Despite what my activity may seem to be, I'm busy until around 6pm tonight. I still was suspect of Mixt even after people started clearing him as innocent but I was banking off the fact Midnight might have been mafia since I had mentioned the detachment I felt with spreadsheet tactics.

Ghost has been quiet and for the most part also not too opinionated, she kept mentioning not feeling like she'd be able to make too detailed cases on people and every case she did write out... I dunno... I just read it as superficial? Like, it didn't offer any insight other than what was already pointed out.

Mish has been putting on a defensive front but I don't blame her. She's trying to show her three reads but the problem with building a case against me is that I am a townie.

Mish has been playing this entire time with almost this impression she knows more than the rest of us. Even Judge had called her out for it yesterday. Even before that during the time when Cal was being suspected as cop (which obviously turned out to be false) Mish had been pushing for a cop reveal, which I did not see as a benefit to the town that early on. Judge made a good choice revealing when he did.

I'm pretty sure that, if I wasn't a suspect and Judge didn't let himself out as cop, that I would have been killed last night because of my certainty towards Mixt as mafia. Ghost makes sense in the long run, but Mish is admittedly someone I thought would have been townie until Midnight was killed. So well played on that part.

But I still don't know why Mish voted for me that day though, was it to get me to speak? I'm sorry I didn't even see your vote for me until the time had been up and I had kind of passed out really early the end of that game day.

9. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Quick question: What specifically about Mish's posts led you to believe she was town before Midnight's death made you (allegedly) realize she was Mafia?[DOUBLEPOST=1468263248][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry, also:

Mixt: 1
    Cstar: 1

10. Mixt The dude that does the thing

A friend of mine is having a family emergency. I'm not sure how long it will take (hopefully its done tonight), but if it lasts longer I'm not going to have time to think about this thread. Sorry this is coming up at such a critical stage, but obviously I can't help it.

I don't want to talk details openly, but IIRC my phone number is in the staff section if any of the staff reading this want to text me.

11. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Acknowledged. I hope everything turns out alright.

12. Ghost King's Apprentice

Someone already asked what I thought about you before and I said I didn't see you as suspicious. Which I thought was right because I thought Midnight was Mafia, but it turns out she wasn't so now i have to rethink this.[DOUBLEPOST=1468269064][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, rethink isn't the right word because there is nothing to rethink.

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

That's really unfortunate. But just focus on getting that taken care of. Life comes before games, after all.

Would you mind linking us to the post where you said that? I'd just like to be sure that what you're saying is accurate.

14. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Interesting that both Ghost and Cstar claim to have thought Mish wasn't suspicious until Midnight died.

@Ghost I'll ask you the same question I asked Cstar:
    Mixt: 2
    Ghost: 1

15. Ghost King's Apprentice

I'm not sure how to link posts so I just quoted it and I didn't know there was a typo ><. Also I'm about to go out soon so I might be back later.

16. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

lol, I must say I'm really looking forward to when Mish posts. She's been viewing the thread almost non-stop since I challenged her to investigate, and I know she's gotta be really trying. XD

Mixt: 2
    Ghost: 2

17. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Okay. Thanks for looking it up. Since you're quoted in this, it'll be in your notifications for you to reply to later.

It's interesting to note how you explicitly say that "that's how I am in this game, which really kind of sucks." You acknowledge your lack of posting/activity aside from the minimum, and while I know that you've said you get intimidated by the big posts that people like Marushi make, at the very least you could've had a draft that you just updated over time. You can have one tab open to look at new posts while still working on collecting evidence from precious pages.

The behavior I've seen from you does seem to be in character with how I've seen you in the Discord chats and such in a casual setting, but in a game like this that can't slide. With the 3/4 chance of you being mafia, this behavior is very much akin to something a mafia member would do to fly under the radar for as long as possible. Somehow, in your case, it was just allowed to slide for much longer than it usually would've (hell, TALE, who was killed for his "lack of posts" on day 2, still has one more post under his belt in that short time than you currently have through four days of game - tale has 33 total posts in the thread while you have 32).

We can't afford to have people remain quiet and sit idly by as town reaches LyLo without a single mafia kill. There are a full THREE days until we have to lynch someone, so there's plenty of time to compile evidence for yourself and come to a conclusion on why the other three candidates are mafia and you're town. I hate to be mean or rude, but this ain't gonna cut it anymore.

You wanna stay alive?
    You wanna win the game?
    You wanna avoid a lynch?
    YOU BETTER WORK

18. Mish smiley day!

Here we go..

Day 2

Small clue, but Mixt evidently doesn't want to extend the day phase.

Cstar lists Mixt as #3 on her list of potential mafia. Reason: he hasn’t voted for anyone. Mixt responds with a decent explanation. This action in a way makes them BOTH look town. Cstar for being proactive and questioning Mixt and Mixt for being able to come back with a reasonable response. It also means they can distance themselves from each other.

A couple of hours later, after some back and forth between Marushi, Mixt votes for Ghost. At this point it almost seems planned. “Let’s all incriminate each other” bussing strategy. No less than a day later, Mixt unvotes Ghost as it was ‘just a pressure vote’. So here we have evidence that Mixt has voted for Ghost, but in the belief that nothing would come of it:

Also to note, every single mafia lists Marushi as their town reads. Maybe to put the most vocal player on their side.

Also wanted to note re: the Cat/Tale switcheroo: might be worth highlighting that Mixt voted for Tale while Ghost and Cstar voted for Cat. Could be that he just didn’t want to seen to be on the same bandwagon as those two.

Day 3

Ghost states that she was planning on addressing suspicions on Mixt (this is after the fake reveal), despite never really mentioning him beforehand, except to say he is on the quiet side. Retroactive suspicion?
    After it’s pointed out that Cstar hasn’t posted enough to reach her quota, she says that Ghost is one of her two guesses as the identity of Mixt’s potential mafia buddies (the other being Cal). Again with the belief that nothing will come of it. Players had obviously come to the conclusion that Mixt would be lynched, but some had thought of the possibility that Mixt would be modkilled and that we could take out another mafioso because of this. Cstar suggests that we DO NOT bank on modkills.
    Mixt never gives out any reads while he is fake-confirmed mafia. He says he has profiles instead of actual reads. I believe that this is because his ‘profile’ for the mafia have so far been ‘the quiet ones’, i.e. his team mates. At this point, he is trying to maintain that Judge Sunrose is mafia, who doesn’t really match his profile at all.

After the true reveal, Ghost only puts Midnight forward as potential mafia, without reason, and without naming anyone else (incl. any legit mafia). I asked her why she never considered me and she didn’t respond.
    Mixt ‘admits’ that he can’t find any tells for Ghost. He then goes on to say that Cstar and Ghost fit his ‘profile’ of quiet mafia players, but still says that Midnight and I are more likely to be mafia. Protecting his team mates.

Again, Mixt suggests he would vote for Ghost, knowing that nothing would come of it:
    Day 4
    Mixt is invisible to avoid being called out - sneaky.

I'm gonna stop now and then respond to cstar's posts in a sec.[DOUBLEPOST=1468274826][/DOUBLEPOST]
    LIAR

Evidence for this? I don't remember being called out for acting like I know more than other people?

I most certainly did not push for a cop reveal BEFORE Cal was suspected of being cop, as you are implying here. Marushi was actually the first one to float the idea of Cal telling us whether she was the cop or not. And that's all that I wanted to happen as well on Day 2. By Day 3, I did want the cop to come forward, which is exactly what happened. Cat agreed with me, Judge obviously agreed with me or he would have kept quiet.

I voted for you because, although I had originally voted for Ghost, I wasn't completely sure whether she or Midnight Star were mafia. I know that Mixt is mafia, but at the time others were leaning towards town for him. I changed my vote to you because I was certain that you are mafia and other town were more likely to agree with me about you as opposed to Mixt.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  19. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Want to point out that Cstar never said you pushed for the cop to reveal yourself before Cal was suspected of being a cop- she said that before the alleged 'Judge suspecting you for knowing too much' thing, during the time we suspected that Cal was the cop, you were pushing for her to reveal herself.

20. Mish smiley day!

Ok derp, I misread that. I just saw "Even before ... the time Cal was suspected of being cop." lol

Well, I guess I'll address that part a little more. I've said it before, but the reason why I pushed for Cal to reveal herself, I really did think that she was the cop. I thought that the mafia would believe this as well. So I expected Cal to die that night and that we would lose the cop before we could learn what she knew.