Mafia [MAFIA] [GAME OVER, TOWN VICTORY] The Classic Setup: Game 1

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Makaze, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

Lol at having me on the suspect list, good luck with that. You would regret it thinking I'm mafia. I'm not. Besides if I was Mafia I would lay low and not post until the end.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Y'know, dark red is still a pretty suspicious color, Miss Actual Antagonist Character From RWBY. :P

Everyone's getting super heated and we've barely begun the first day. Geez, guys. Can we take the vitriol down a notch and discuss this reasonably?

3. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Laying low to the end would be way too suspicious, you can't play the game that way. Even if you're Town and you try to execute a plan like that, it makes you look indecisive, and is generally unhelpful to your faction.

Threats are also a poor way of trying to make yourself look innocent. If anything the defensiveness and 'caution' in that statement make you look incredibly guilty.

4. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

Nope, not defensive at all. It doesn't matter if I look guilty or not, its part of the game ^_^

5. al215 Kingdom Keeper

As both myself and Midnight have said, we don't need any more. In fact, I specifically said that midnight should be the third and final accuser, which has happened. We're not pressuring too much. There's three of us which is significant, but not threatening.

Me being snarky was me expressing that Blaine really ought to have read and then he wouldn't have had to level an accusation. Bad tell there I'm afraid. Still, it's good analysis which will be useful later on when we can discuss today's lynch result (or not lynch as the case may be) and whoever it killed tonight.

Also, I'm not entirely sure why you are taking an issue with Mish's choice either. Mish's choice is an inactive person on the list. Midnight encouraged someone to be voted for pressure, and he was simply following through. Of course, there could be an ulterior motive but that goes for everyone here right now. As it's Day One, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt and mark down actions for future consideration. In fact, if you think that Midnight has a good reason to vote then Mish's choice should be just as valid because it's based on the same logic.

Defence noted and kept for future reference. Somewhat in agreement with Cal, but she's a very aggressive analyst. Benefit of the doubt presently being given.

And yes, I'll try to keep things reasonable.

6. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Thank you. It's day one and I've already gotten facts crossed. I'll need to be more careful moving forward. Maybe taking notes or something.

7. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

HOST ANNOUNCEMENT:

A setup detail was missed in the OP so it is being publicly corrected now.

The Town Cop role description has been updated.

x1 Town Cop - This is a Town-aligned role that can investigate one living player each Night to learn of their alignment. In this game, the Cop gets a pre-game result, known as a Night 0 result. The Cop knows the alignment of one random Town player at the start of the game.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  8. Ghost King's Apprentice

I forgot to watch the thread ;-;

9. burnitup Still the Best 1973

10. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

@Makaze Just some clarification, but could the person the cop has already found out be Mafia alignment or Town alignment? You said "One random Town" But I'm assuming that means the 13 players and not just the 9 other Vanilla Towns? Is that correct?

11. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

The automatic result is limited to Town players.[DOUBLEPOST=1467178260][/DOUBLEPOST]
    DAY 1 VOTE COUNT 1:

Kingdom Hearts530 (3) - Mish, al215, Midnight Star

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to hammer.

There are approximately 1 days and 22 hours until phase end.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  12. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I keep typing things up and then realizing my idea is stupid and scrapping it. There is just so little to go on, everything has holes. I guess it always will because, barring some major screw up, we don't know who anyone is until they're dead. But still.

13. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

IMPORTANT:

@cstar has subbed in for @61 due to unforeseen circumstances. Good luck.

14. Midnight Star Master of Physics

@Kingdom Hearts530 You really might want to start posting in here. You have 3 posts against you and they won't go away unless you start participating in the thread.

Also @G-dog you have yet to post in the thread. If you don't want to be lynched due to inactivity I suggest you read through the thread and join in with the discussion. Do you agree or disagree with what has been said already? Do you find anyone suspicious?

REMEMBER TO WATCH THE TREAD SO YOU ARE ALERTED TO NEW POSTS.

Also guys just saying you are town right now means basically nothing as there shouldn't be a single player right now, cop and mafia included, that should be claiming to be anything other than vanilla town. Te best way thing you can do is to join the discussion, input your thoughts and suspicions and just be active. We probably won't lynch you at least immediately if we think you're helping town.

15. cstar stay away from my waifu

'Sup guys. If anyone is wondering about notification unreliability, it's because a lot of people double post because of the no edit rule and it makes it so you have to click the thread again on that person's. I figured this out after the last few games.

Anyway. Day 1 is always a problem because of the nothingness we know so today's the day we are more likely to lose an innocent and not really connect a pattern even if we luck lynch a mafia member, and since as of right now Kingdom Hearts530 hasn't posted at all yet and there's a day left. If they don't post to even start a dialogue I get a little concerned by how progress will go. There are those games where people barely talk and you really can't gauge anything so you're stuck guessing and (ugh I'm sorry but it's a little annoying).

Since it's the start it's more forgiving. And I would have voted with everyone else but we're already on 3 for him. So I think I'll try and not vote my first post and just see if he posts. Though there is someone else who hasn't been. I'm wondering if G-dog will post. I'd vote but again I don't want to vote on my first post in here. I just wanted to convey my first thoughts and say hey.

(Midnight Star posted just ahead of me, don't follow the thread, just check the thread as often as you can to see new posts in case of the double post thing. Also Midnight pointed out G-dog which I was gonna do but I already wrote a paragraph and it's too early in the morning to rewrite)

16. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

17. Krowley Moderator

Did my previous posts prove to be invalid?
    Regardless I'm afraid I must jump on the KH350 bandwagon. Lovely person at that, but the inactivity is not helping said case.
    (You are still a good person though)

18. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I didn't see any posts from you, sorry about that.

19. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

20. Ghost King's Apprentice

This doesn't sem like the kind of scenario where you could figure out who's innocent and who's not at the moment so I'm hesitant about voting for someone since you can't really tell anyone is suspicious until day 2 at the least, so I think I'm gonna wait until the near the end of the day to place my vote.

At least then there might be a little more to go on.