Mad Max Feminism

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by mindy lover, May 18, 2015.

1. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I heard somewhere they will continue to make mad max movies, so it is expected that characters that will only be cast for one entry to have more development than Max that has the whole franchise to expand.

But on the subject of Mad Max being tune down.. I heard a great theory!

Why people think that Max isn't like he used to ? Because he is not the "previous Max" at all, not only the actor and such, but a whole new person. Who would it be?
    The Feral kid (Road warrior)

[​IMG]
    the first strange thing about Max is that he remembers a daughter, when actually he had a boy (Mad Max 1) , on the second movie Max Rockatansky, has his redemption and "learns to live again", and the narrator in off is show to be feral kid in his death bed talking about his adventures , and how he recalls Max more than any other time.
    Even though Max didn't speak much in previous movies he didn't had any problem speaking (truth that could be because he went mad without talking with anyone for long time, or could be that as a child he had trouble speaking and carried that problem through his whole life). Also Max would often hobble (he wasn't cripple, but he had some problems walking), this Max walks fine.

The feral kid tells that sometime the society recovers itself, and he becomes a lider of the northern tribe, and the road warrior (Max) becomes a legend, so the feral kid that never had a name inherited his name and took his mantle afterwards.
    Also the feral kid got a music box from Max, that appeared in this movie with the wives
    I heard it here in portuguese nerdcast

2. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

So are you more upset that the movie sucked in your opinion, or that a "feminazi" ( <---- lol really? ) tainted it? Not to be a total toolbag here, but neither of those things seem like a huge deal to me. I say this because people that make movies, tv shows, etc, are the ones who control what that particular form of media is. If that means this "Mad Max" movie is going to be catered more towards this girl (keep in mind I haven't seen the film, so I am in the dark here) then so what? It wasn't your cup of tea, that doesn't mean this has to be "the feminists" fault.

Like out of all the things to complain about that some radical feminists have done (only being specific about feminists because that is the particular topic of this thread) this is what you pick?

tl;dr the creators get to pick what their creations are like, and if you don't like it, don't watch it.