Looking for volunteers/interest in . . .

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Hyuge ✧, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

A simulation for a game that my husband and I are going to do as a panel at our next convention. It's essentially an anime version of The Dating Game. For those that are too young to know what that is, it's an old dating game show. There's a bachelorette and three contestants pining for their affection. The bachelorette sits in one spot with a wall separating them from the three other contestants whose names are withheld. They are just bachelor number 1, 2, and 3. The bachelorette asks them a series of questions that can either be directed at just one person or multiple and listens to their answers. After all of the questions are asked, she picks which bachelor she wants based off of their answers. After she decides, the bachelors are revealed to her and she finds out who she won.

The Anime Game will essentially be the same. There will be a 'Viewer' (bachelorette) that asks a series of questions that I've prepared ahead of time, and then everyone else will be broken up into 3 teams. Anime #1, Anime #2, and Anime #3. Each team will decide which anime they want to represent. They can only pick one and it will be a secret from the View. The Viewer is trying to decide what new anime they want to watch, based on the answers to the questions. In real life, I'll have a set of cards for the Viewer to read off of. For the forum, I'll PM you a list. In real life, I'll give each team a whiteboard they can write their answers on and then one person will read off their answer. For the forum, I'll set up three separate PMs, where the teams can discuss what answer they want to give and then they'll each have one person post their answer in the thread. In real life, I'll end the game when we run out of time for our panel, but for the forum we'll end it when the Viewer gets through all of the questions.
    There will also be a prize for the winning team.

So does this sound like it would be fun? Would anyone like to volunteer to be the Viewer? I'll pick randomly through the volunteers, not just first come first serve. I can start the game in the Playground later today if there is enough interest, or I can wait a few days. Don't matter to me. Let me know.

2. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I volunteer as tribute... Providing I've seen the anime!

3. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

As the Viewer, you should hopefully not know what anime each one is until the end, though there are a few questions that may give them away. For the teams, you'll discuss which one you want to be so that everyone on your team is familiar with the anime you want to represent.

4. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Fair enough.

5. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I'm down to help test if you'd have me.

6. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

I'm game if I get picked

7. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

I'll help if I can.

8. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Put me in coach, I haven't seen a damn thing from 2010 onwards

9. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Thanks guys. I used a RNG to pick who would be the Viewer and it came up with @Heart ❤ . I'll send you a PM shortly. I'm working on the game thread right now. Hopefully more people will be interested in joining once it is up. I'm hoping for at least 3 people per team.

10. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Omg yay. This is awesome

11. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

12. CrownMoksha Decimo

I'll join if you still need some people