Audio Looking for specific sound effects for a project

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by TwilightSky15, Feb 28, 2018.

1. TwilightSky15 Moogle Assistant

Hi guys! I have to do a project for my game audio class where we have to take sound effects and apply it to videos (I got the Sombra intro video from Overwatch) and I'm looking for two specific sound effects from KH 2.

The sound the Hallow Bastion defense mechanism makes when it pops up.
    &
    The sound of Diz's computer room in the mansions basement.

does anyone know where I can find these? I'd take them off You Tube but then I'd have a bunch of unneeded background noise and audio.

2. Explode Who?!

A lot of sfx are separated in weird ways (like a single beep per file) in the files of kh2, so a usable direct rip would be difficult to get.

There are however (if memory serves) pretty good points during cutscenes that both those can be isolated. A tiny bit of ambient sound maybe, but pretty clean. At the end of Roxas Day Two, and the First Visit to Hollow Bastion, right before Yuffie shows up. You can get them in high quality from our Cutscene Archive, under the Media tab.

3. TwilightSky15 Moogle Assistant

I'll have to look through them then. Thanks for the advice! :)

UPDATE:

Well the computer noises from the first clip was perfect because no ones talking and it's basically just ambiance but the one for the towns defense mechanism is a lot harder because you have the sound of water falls in the background plus Sora exclaiming in surprise and Adobe Audition will only let you cut so much...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2018
  4. Explode Who?!

Really? I'm looking at it now, and it seems like the sound finishes before Sora makes any sound. It also plays several other times afterwards. The waterfalls sound pretty quiet too, but if it's a problem I feel like it you could edit it out by recording some white noise (or even getting a sample of the waterfall with nothing else). I haven't done it personally, but I know Audacity can edit out background noise, provided you have an isolated clip of just that noise.

Also in case you didn't figure it out, the clip of Diz's computer that I was referring to is actually at the start of Roxas Day Three, after the flashback sequence. The series of beeps. But if you got what you needed already, then cool.