Long Distance Dating?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Rissy, Oct 24, 2008.

?

Long Distance Dating?

1. I think so.

28 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Deffinatly A No-No.

16 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Ashwa <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

Long distance dating for me has never really been a big deal. True, I may be biased since I'm actually dating someone who lives three time zones away, but here's my opinion anyway.

If the two people are willing to make it work, then I think it will work for long distance. I have a friend who has a long distance boyfriend and they've been together for over a year. Longer than most real life relationships at this age group. They talk on the phone and text everyday. So, I do believe that if you keep in touch with them, it'll work.

2. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

Lol the only reason it has lasted so long is because they haven't been around each other enough to make them sick of each other. That isn't a relationship in any real sense. It's just a really intense friendship.

3. Ashwa <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

Or not since they actually have met each other. =D
    It's definitely a relationship not some strong friendship

4. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

It's the same as when people decide to get married before they have moved in together and lived with each other for a while. That is what shows it is a proper relationship that is going to work. It makes or breaks couples.

And anyway, long distance relationships are for masochists ;D

5. Ashwa <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

How are long distance relationships for masochists?

6. Sexy Sheva Banned

Online dating, for me isn't really "dating" a person. You can be boyfriend/girlfriend, but IMO it's not really 'dating'. I learned that all on my own sadly <_>

It's a good way to have feelings for someone i think though <3

7. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

I have harsh feelings for someone on the site, but I'm not sure if I should put myself out there IRL. I'm shy as well, which makes it even harder.

8. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

Masochism is the love of pain being inflicted upon you. All long distance relationships cause is heartache and longing for the other person. As the saying goes "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" but if you are never going to meet up you become so fond of them that it tears you apart inside.

9. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

Your right I guess,but in some people's case,they just meet them on a chat room,or anywhere and end up falling ofr eachohter,the same thing could happen though,I dunno.

10. Panda Face Gummi Ship Junkie

online dating is totally okay! i may not see him much, but our love is still strong!

11. Beauxxx Destiny Islands Resident

Its only successful if you eventually get to touch each other.
    And actually have a relationship that's much more substantial then only thinking that each of you are attractive.

Then, you've got to definitely trust each other as well, including having that 'bond' that steers you away from wanting to drift into being attracted to someone else.

If those things aren't there,
    then it won't ever work.

I know this from die - hard, and current experience.

Oh my ****ing god.
    Me too.
    Aussies are amazing.

12. Desi Banned

Down on that huge island people call Australia
    Bah im in Australia >_>

I think if you really want to make the relationship work your going to have to trust that person and be commited. It also depends are you willing to wait a few years if you're not able to meet the person.

13. Senbonzakura Kageoshi Kingdom Keeper

ya i like some one of my own but, id say just go with what your heart says.

14. TheMuffinMan Banned

Your heart says "BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD"

I don't think anyone should listen to their heart.

15. Juicy Chaser

So far, Beauxxx and Destiny's Force are the only people who have made much sense in this thread. @-@

Im gonna kind of steal some of Catch the Rain's words from another site - as with all relationships, whether online dating/long distance suceeds all depends on the people involved. If you're both loyal and have a certain level of trust then you dont have to worry about what the other party is doing 24/7. As long as you're both willing and try to talk as much as possible, it doesnt matter how far apart or how many time zones away from each other you are.

As DF said, it helps if you talk with each other in "real time". This would of course, eliminate your worries that they could be a pedophile too. xD

Someone said earlier in this thread:"being in an internet relationship is risking your life" I mean, wtf?

They also tend to work out better if there is a definate promise of meeting someday. Heck, I know a married couple that live on my street who met online.

16. Snow Princess King's Apprentice

I was with an amazing guy for three years,and then i have to move away to a different state because of certain cirmcumstances... and it couldnt last because of the distance. we loved each other, but it couldn't work about because of allllll the space. so some people can handle the distance, but others can't.