Long Distance Dating?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Rissy, Oct 24, 2008.

?

Long Distance Dating?

1. I think so.

28 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Deffinatly A No-No.

16 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Panda Face Gummi Ship Junkie

long-distance dating is difficult! but, i really do love mark. :D

2. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

And I really love Carolina.

3. Panda Face Gummi Ship Junkie

see? thats something to look forward to. :D

4. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

Yes it is.Well,I have to go.Later.

5. Panda Face Gummi Ship Junkie

ta-tah! xD good luck with ur and carol's long-distance dating. :D

6. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

Thank you,same goes for you.

7. Xaale Sylph of Hope

If the couple is loyal enough, than they have a chance of surviving through long distances. What I know, though, is that the majority of relationships don't last through long distance. Things happen. You meet knew people, you're feelings start to move towards the new one and the fact you never see your old partner kills you inside.

There are hope in some relationships, though. They can keep up the relationship as strongly as it was when they lived in close proximity. They might not last forever, but they are loyal if they can last a long distance relationship. Honestly for me, I don't think I could handle a long distance relationship.

When I lived in West Virginia, I had a huge crush on this boy. Well, a lot of people did. He had a little group of fangirls that would always be there during lunch. At first, I thought that was kinda , um, weird. But I became friends with them and I started having a crush on the guy.

Sadly, I moved away. By that time, my feelings were so great I was very upset. He never made a move, but I could tell he liked me, which kinda surprised me because a lot of other people thought I was mental, because they think my brother is. Which he's not.

Aaaanyway, I used to dream about him on occasion. I missed him so much, my brother didn't understand. I understand how my brother felt when camp ended and he might never see his crush again. She lives kinda close. We could probably get to her house in like, 20 minutes. It was alright that she still lived close.

For me, he lives a 9 1/2 hour drive away. I lost my feelings for him long ago. Just goes to show that sometimes they can work, sometimes they can't.

8. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

Wow,that told alot,it really does depend on how strong a relationship is,fully.Either it works out,or it doesn't.I like the first one.

9. Amber PLUR

I think that if you work hard enough, stay loyal, and keep in contact, long-distance relationships can work. But I do think that communicating through voice-chat, as opposed to just text, helps a lot, because you can actually hear the other person in real time and respond in real time. Text can be so... impersonal at times. That could be why so many internet relationships die, because of lag in conversations and misunderstanding of the meaning behind the text.

I know that if I had an internet boyfriend, I'd be willing to take the time to make it work. And I do believe internet/long-distance relationships can work out.

10. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

Thank you,not many think the same as you and some others you know?Thank you for pointing that out.

11. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

Long distance dating isn't so terrible. Like what is previously said, loyalty and voice chat can pretty much form a strong long distance relationship.

12. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

Although,you must do your best to keep it going as long as possible.I of course always suggest a long distance relationship,but a real one is just as good.Like me and my girlfriend on here,a very strong relationship,and will stay strong until,whenever.Not till I leave this site for good.

13. Daenerys Targaryen ok

It depends on how much you love the person, if they aren't worth you going out of your way then don't have a long distance relationship.
    I tend to think it's better to just have a boyfriend that lives close to you. But, if you are planning on moving out to the place they are or you love that person too much, then use your resources, Telephone.Email.IM.The travel for holidays or whenever you see fit.

14. Panda Face Gummi Ship Junkie

long distance really does depend on how the two people mesh together....like puzzle pieces, if u got da wrong one, you'll know, because something wont fit. :D

15. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

I believe, if you talk enough, and are worth enough to them, you can make it with them.
    Take it from a Long-Distance-Lover. I'm in love with an Ohioian. xDD

16. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

How many times must I say it,everybody is in love now.But it feels ever since a while after me and my girlfriend on here started dating,other on here are doing the same.

17. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Long distance or internet datin'? I see it as two different types of relationships.

Long distance, to me, would be that you've met the person before; be at a conference or somethin' n' decide to date, occasionally meetin' up. Internet datin' would be you haven't met the person but - obviously - met 'em via the internet. I'd say long distance relations have a slightly better chance of success than Internet datin', but it's somethin' i'd never place myself in. Internet datin' is a big NO NO!

A wee bit of personal info 'bout me. I could'nt date a guy i wouldn't feel comfortable touchin'. N' i don't mean touchin' you know what. I have a thin' with folk touchin' me (afraid they'll hit me. Childhood thin'. xD), so if i don't feel secrue with the guy bein' close to me i wouldn't date him. N' i most certainly couldn't date someone i couldn't touch. It sounds like i lust over men but it's not. To me, the whole point of datin' is to be with someone you really like - talk with 'em, n' dare i say somethin' so cheesy; be in their warm embrace. Someone i feel completely safe with.

It may be all fine n' dandy talkin' to someone via webcam or phone but it's different when you actually met that person. You aren't protected by that screen. They can see your every reaction to what is said or done. Your impression of that person will more than likely change. I've heard of many stories where a couple that dated on the internet meet up n' they couldn't even talk. It was so awkward for 'em.

I don't think long distance or internet datin' is a great idea. I'm not sayin' it's completely hopeless but it's somethin' i'd avoid.

18. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

well at least Im not that way.Thank God,I'd know if I was too.I like your sig BTW.

19. Noise For Love and Justice

it works....and im living proof...my boyfrined lives in Cali...and i live in minnoesota...and weve been dating for 4 months now...and its fantastic!

yes it does get hard when i see other couples kissing and what not...but hes going to go to camp with me next summer...

:3 oh its going to be a good day when he does ;D

20. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

I've tried it several times and it just sucks, horribly. You either never see them, which can hardly be called a relationship. Talking to someone over msn and the Internet in general is nothing compared to talking to them in real life. You can't say you know the person unless you actual see them in person.

And even if you do meet up with them it would be on a very infrequent basis, with every time you meet up feeling forced because you have to fit so much missed time together in. You could go for weeks or even months without seeing them and the separation pain is intense.

So yeah, long-distance relationships get a big thumbs down from me.