"Living Ipod"

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Atlas, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Near Gummi Ship Junkie

>>; That's a joke. Seriously, this guy's amazing, he can copy anything, even with blindness and severe autism. And yeah, he makes some songs up, though unfortunately I doubt he can write them down.

Also, I have to agree with Repliku about the whole "******" thing. I help out the Special ED class at my school, so I hang out with a few kids like this. It's offensive and shouldn't be used to refer to the mentally disabled.

2. Destined Working for WDW

This was funny, but come on, the guy is blind and can do amazing things with a piano.

3. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I really don't know why people still use it. It's not used in the medical profession anymore and it's not really in use anywhere else but as a stupid slang term bullies use to make others feel bad about themselves. I've heard it myself since I grew up with epilepsy and once people found out, I might as well have had a third eye in my forehead.

And it's not like they asked to be different when they were born. I think it's one of those 'fear it because we don't understand it' things and a refusal to look beyond whatever makes them handicapped. Don't just see the white cane, don't just see the wheelchair, don't just see the crutches. See the person.

I've taken classes so I could get my Psychology certificate. Also, there's all sorts of handicapped people on campus. They're still people with their own hopes and dreams. They have the same interests we do. Watch the same television programs, listen to the same music, play the same video games. So why the negative label?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.