Literate Beans

Discussion in 'Forum Families' started by Chevalier, May 28, 2012.

1. Misty gimme kiss

If anyone is interested, I've just posted the sixth chapter of my fanfic. I know Knights of the Old Republic is fairly unpops so it might not make a terrific amount of sense to anyone, and does contain major spoilers of the game, but any readers would be appreciated. ;;

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I do ALL of my writing on Google Docs. ALLLLLL.

...Well, except for NaNoWriMo. I tend to write those by hand so I can work on it whenever—school, home, the car, etc. Checking word count can be a pain, though...

Ooh! Does anybody else do NaNoWriMo? We should all list each other as writing buddies! :D

3. Misty gimme kiss

I've wanted to since I first heard about it, but I never had a good enough idea for it. I also don't think I'd be very good at it? haha. I mean, it emphasizes just writing, right? You have a word count goal for the day and you're supposed to just keeping going until you reach/exceed it. My problem is that I spend massive amounts of time proofreading and revising. I don't think I'd be able to reach the word count goals too well, hah.

4. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I tried NaNoWriMo two years ago but it's such an immense task ... I'd really like to gt a group of us to do it though :D.

5. Agent.T Destiny Islands Resident

That England thingy place I've always lived in
    I literally just looked NaNoWriMo up on googl...It sounds like so much fun ^_^ I think I'll give it a go when it comes around ^_^

6. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

My school has its own version of NaNoWriMo called SalNoMo. "Month" is a loose term though because you can submit you story whenever during the year. And, once you reach 50 000+ words, the school has a contract with a publishing company to publish it. Not big time, just a few copies, for the school and the student to have.

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

That is superbly cool. :o

At our district's middle school, the sixth graders all write short stories that get published into an anthology and consequently placed for sale on Amazon. That was pretty cool, but now I want what your school does... >>;

8. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Just curious, if I posted one or two of my fanfics up here, how many people would be interested in reading and giving CnC?

9. Chevalier Crystal Princess

I wouldn't mind reading it.

Unless it was some slash xxx thing 700 pages long >____>

10. ShibuyaGato Transformation

lol, no. I don't write slash fics (though I feel like I've unintentionally come up with some good ideas that have never been written down).

The thing is that they do take up a good number of pages in a few of my notebooks (I know one has gone well over 90, though that's when everything's handwritten in a composition book).

11. Chevalier Crystal Princess

I don't mind it being long, lol. I was just making an exageration. But I'd feel honored to read it.

12. Agent.T Destiny Islands Resident

I'm not sure if I'd be any good at CnC but I could give it a try ^_^

13. Misty gimme kiss

There's nothing wrong with slashfics. :L

But I think the majority of us would at least read a bit of it Cat, I know I would. :] We all joined up with the intention of reading other members' pieces, amongst other things of course.

Edit: Also, would anyone be interested in an Archive of Our Own (AO3) invite? Fanfiction.net is currently going through some sketchy dealings ( basically an unofficial group is bullying people into taking down their works, claiming they're in violation of ff.net's ToS ) and a lot of people are migrating to AO3. It's currently invite-only, or you can be placed in the queue. The queue didn't take me too long but user invite is much faster. I've got three invites right now and can always request more, if needed. Message me if you're interested. :]

14. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Oh wow, I didn't expect this much love at all.

Though let me warn you all right now that both of the ones I'm considering typing out are Doctor Who fics full of confusing plots and paradoxes. I'll probably upload it sometime this summer (since that'll be the perfect time to type the whole damn thing out, lol) in the form of a Word document (I don't think I'd like to have it up on KHV just yet).

15. Agent.T Destiny Islands Resident

Doctor Who is beautiful, I doubt anyone has any objections to a few good DW fics ^_^

16. Sumi suicidé

I definitely wouldn't mind reading some good DW fics. :D
    Especially with some twists and such.

As far as NaNoWriMo, I tried it this past year and only got about 2,000 words in lol. I've always had some problems with writing longer pieces. It seems much easier for me to say a lot in very few words than to write out long descriptions that can get people lost like is seen in a lot of works. Writing for word count just seems kind of pointless and is really tough. I'll probably try again this year, anyway, or maybe even write off of the same idea I had since I defintely had more to write that I didn't get out in time.

17. Krowley Moderator

Hello Beans,
    About a month ago, I began work on a 4 part Story and have plotted out the story from start to finish. It is mainly inspired by early playstation RPGs that took up 4 discs Before writing each chapter, I have characters who need identities. These characters may be major or minor, good or evil, traitorous and perhaps even killed off after 1 minute of introduction. You won't know until the story plays out.
    Anywho, there are 50+ characters I have created, each with their own unique character traits. All that is needed from you is a name, gender, and a small 100x100 picture (for helpful visual reference)

Kismet: Hunt for the Vagabond (or KHV for short) is the title and I will be making a thread later for people to choose which characters they wish to name. Just thought I would give this family the first heads up.

18. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Ooh, this is nice. I'd love to try and come up with a character bio (though most of mine for RPs have the same name, appearance and overall personality [as me], lol). Hopefully, I'll be able to add something meaningful to this story.

19. Krowley Moderator

The Character selection thread has been made.
    There are many character personalities to choose so have fun with that. (If you want to of course, not forcing anyone)

20. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Hey guys, just dropping in to let you know that I posted all of your profiles up. And that I am not satisfied with the opening post's edits so expect a few changes to make it more organized and prettier.