Anime List your top 5 animes

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Sadden Blood Warrior, Jan 18, 2010.

1. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Action Shonen maniac!!
    1. One Piece
    2. Fairy Tail
    3. Naruto
    4. Attack on Titan
    5. Blue Exorcist
    I consider Dragonball the father of Shonen :)

2. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

1. One Piece
    2. Fairy Tail
    3. Air Gear
    4. Bleach
    5. DBZ

other anime:
    strawberry panic
    soul eater
    to love-ru
    attack on titan
    SAO
    clannade
    lucky stars
    etc.

3. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

So in no particular order(try to act surprised).

1. Steins;Gate - I don't really think this needs an explanation. I'm a sucker for time travel, thrillers and conspiracies and this anime has them all, not to mention a spectacular atmosphere.

2. Bakemonogatari - Many confuse this for a standard eechi series, and while for certain seasons this may be the case, for the majority of the series, I find, It is a highly enjoyable mystery series. The series excels in making the whole package seem very surreal, with bizarre camera angles, fast transitions and breaking the "180 degree rule" and sterile environments. It's mostly exposition, but despite not knowing Japanese, I found it very enjoyable to just listen to them. Due to the expressions, nuances and natural way in which they speak.

3. Durarara!! - Explaining Durarara!! is no easy feat. Essentially it is about a high schooler who gets invited to live in Ikebukuro from an old friend, and how he eventually comes caught up in odd happenings in the city and coming to know all of the eccentric characters in the city. The story shifts focus a lot of the time, and that's where much of the appeal comes from. This explanation didn't really do it justice because Durarara!! really is exceptional in what it does, which to some may be nothing.

4. Zankyou no Terror - Maybe i'm blinded by the fact that it's so recent, but ZnT really went above and beyond what I was expecting and really drove home the message it was trying to convey, especially during the final episode. Not to mention the astounding artwork and score that, in some cases, makes you actually think that the explosions look and sound pleasant and even pretty, despite the fact that it's a freaking building collapsing.

5. Mahou Shoujo Madocka Magica - Oh ho. This anime does something similar to what Evangelion does, in creating a very real and false sense of what the anime is about. During the later portions of the series and the third film, it leaves a very oppressing sense of bleakness and depression, which I can admire and enjoy. It's not often you can say you felt depressed after watching Japanese high-school girls fight witches.

Other series that I love but didn't mention
    Baccano!
    Bokurano
    Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
    Angel Beats!
    Log Horizon
    Kami-sama no Memochou
    Shinsekai yori
    (something else with an exclamation mark)

and of course Mars of Destruction.

4. Lite The Future

From bottom to top:

5. Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan. A lot of people like to hate on it for reasons that I don't really care to read about, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The animation and art style was great, the music was fantastic, and the story progressed nicely in my opinion. Plus the Titans creeped me out, which helped me share that feeling of "these things need to die" that the characters in the series had.

4. Gundam Build Fighters. This one makes my list for a very simple reason: The fight scenes. They're fantastic and a blast to watch. I didn't think I would enjoy a series where there's no real risk to the main characters aside from losing a tournament involving plastic Gundam figures, but in the end I enjoyed the simpler story and looked forward to each new episode to see what kind of customized Gundam or Mobile Suit would come into play in the next match.

3. Kill la Kill. DON'T LOSE YOUR WA-nope. Early on I was sorta turned off by Kill la Kill's fanservice-y...fanservice. I'm not a fan of it to begin with and I felt like I would end up dropping the series because it would be nothing but fanservice. But then it grabbed me by the nads and made me forget the T&A All Day the series had going with it's over-the-top fights and interesting story. I will admit, there were some things I felt to be a bit unnecessary (dat bathtub scene), but in the end I was so overtaken with hype at what was going on that I stopped caring within minutes.

2. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I A-nope not that one either. This one is on my list because, like Kill la Kill, it satisfies my hunger for stupidly over-the-top action sequences. And mecha. And lots and lots of explosions. Explosions exploding from explosions. Eat your heart out, Mikey B.

1. Getter Robo Armageddon. Barely anybody knows about Getter Robo in general and I hate that. Anyway, Getter Robo Armageddon revolves around six protagonists. Three of them are known as the "original Getter Team". They are Ryoma Nagare- A man who's been imprisoned for a murder he didn't commit, Hayato Jin-An ex-comrade of Ryoma's who pinned the aforementioned murder on him, and Musashi Tomoe-The third member of the team who generally doesn't get involved with Ryoma and Hayato's tomfoolery. The remaining three are the "new Getter Team". They are Go Saotome- A young man artificially created by a mad scientist, Kei Kurama- Daughter of an old friend of the Original Getter Team: Benkei Kurama, and Gai- A large young man who was originally working with Benkei. Over the course of the series, these characters are faced with the ever-growing threat of an alien force known as Invaders. These black living goop-like monsters can take the form of anything they come into contact with, making them a formidable foe both physically and mentally. The protagonists have to use a newly-created version of the classic mecha Getter Robo- called Shin Getter Robo- to fight and defeat these Invaders. At the same time, Professor Saotome- the mad scientist that created Go- is bringing to life a massive beast-like mecha called Shin Dragon, claiming that it will bring about Armageddon. If it isn't clear by the long as balls story description, I reeeaaally like Getter Robo Armageddon. It's everything I want in an anime. Easy-to-follow plot, awesome action sequences, great characters and giant robots.

So there's my top 5. I may have rambled on in my number 1 description, but meh. I really like that one.