Linkin Park

Discussion in 'Music' started by no-reality_allowed, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Accalia Gummi Ship Junkie

I discovered this band through Twilight. I liked the song so I researched the band.
    I listened to more of their songs and loved them ever since. No I don't like them just because of that movie. I like them because they're a good band.

2. Roxas&Sora4E Traverse Town Homebody

I knew them before twilight! LP4E!!!!!

3. Sara Tea Drinker

One of my favorite bands right now. Whenever I'm depressed or sad I listen to this and sing along, it really helps me feel better.

Favorite songs: Somewhere I belong, Numb, and From the Inside.

4. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

Linkin Park is <3

Has been my favorite band for a very long time.
    I honestly can't decide on a favorite LP song.....all of them = addicting, amazing, just plain awesome.

5. Sara Tea Drinker

I also love: "Hands Held High."

I've heard a TON of complaints about the song itself, but I actually enjoy the song and it's symbolism. A lot of people made fantastic music videos about it and 9/11. I still get tears in my eyes listening to it.

6. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

I was listening to a little podcast they did about that song.
    They wanted to try something different that tested all their vocals together.
    Sounds great to me.
    I personally really like it. Fun to sing along to as well. =P

7. Aelin Best Waifu

I just started to listen to them recently but I really enjoy them. As of now my favorite songs are Across the Line, Numb, and In the End. They are definitely my style of music and the song work great for AMVs

8. Sara Tea Drinker

If you'd really like to see art, watch: Breaking the Habit music video. It's graphic, but amazing to watch and beautifully done. That or: What I've Done.

9. Hayabusa Venomous

Here's a thread.

Here's another.

And I often find myself saying this: they have the capacity to make great songs, with Meteora being one of my favorite rock albums ever, but literally every album since Minutes to Midnight is just...disappointing. I care for fewer and fewer songs on each further release. A band can keep making the excuse that they want to "evolve", but these guys are so "evolved" that they're just alienating a lot of their original fans. Lost in the Echo and Castle of Glass are the only songs I like from Living Things. As for AMV's, their music is among the most overused, so I rarely can stand one using a song by LP unless it manages to blow me away.

10. Sara Tea Drinker

EDIT: You're right Hayabasa, I asked Plum to merge the two. It's been too damned long since I left. >< Thanks for pointing it out. Thanks Misty for letting me know.

I love Meteora, especially Numb, Somewhere I Belong, and Faint.

11. Mysty Unknown

Linkin Park is my all time favorite band. The music fits what I feel a majority of the time and I just love the nu metal sound. Hybrid Theory was a good album but I cant listen to it all at once because the songs rythem sound the same. Meteora is my second favorite by them. All the songs are likable. Minutes to Midnight was really meh to me. It has my favorite song of all time however [Leave Out all the Rest]. I did not like a majority of A Thousand Suns. It just did not click. Their new album, Living Things, is my favorite album. I find myself humming half the tunes all the time and its just powerful.

12. dannierose Merlin's Housekeeper

Reading all these posts makes me feel really old lol

But yeah, Linkin Park was basically my pre-teen/teen angst band. I have quite a few of their albums, but I don't really know a lot about their newer stuff. I first discovered them when I was about 13 and looking for Dragonball Z AMVs lol I still listen to and enjoy their music, but with the newer stuff, I feel like they kind of went to a direction that I didn't like but I still think their music is pretty good

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I used to edit to Linkin Park all the time. I have a lot of their songs, but my favorites have to be Figure.09 and In the End.

They're just a great band.

14. Pein Merlin's Housekeeper

saw them live when they came to Vancouver it was my first concert. At one point in the concert I stopped and looked all around me. It was beautiful. Just a vast ocean of people loving the same thing as I do.

15. jafar custom title

7 years and this thread is still up, geez.

i'm not really a fan of linkin park. they are the epitome of all that is crappy in modern popular rock. this is why im a hipster when it comes to music. unknown bands are always better.

16. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

Eh, I liked their older albums better than their newer stuff

17. Hayabusa Venomous

I really don't get this post. You didn't explain what you find bad about them, besides that they're popular, which is a bullshit excuse for not liking a band if you really care about music. Say "the lyrics are too focused on political issues rather than personal ones" or "the new albums sound too digitized" or SOMETHING.

Unless that was a sarcastic post.

18. 61 No. B

I said in an earlier post that I liked their older stuff but didn't care for their newer stuff, but having only heard a few of the songs. This past summer I went back and actually listened to their two most recent albums in full, and for the most part liked them. I don't like as many songs on their new albums as I did on their old, but I respect the hell out of A Thousand Suns and what it's trying to be, and A Thousand Suns and Living Things both have a couple of songs that I really like. They are certainly not the type of music that I consider to be my favorite anymore, but I admire that they try to be innovative with their music, and do something more than just music. Whether they succeed at this or not is a different question, but I think it's nice to see a group as big as they are that is so ambitious with the music they make, and not just putting music out there to bring in the money.

19. Labrys King's Apprentice

Ohh I used to fall greatly in love with that band, but after hearing their songs for 1000009 times, It kinda grew old for me :/

20. Xenao Traverse Town Homebody

I like Hybrid Theory...but it makes me drive like a mad man :D