Kingdom Hearts II Lingering will; your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Nobodyslight, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Nobodyslight Merlin's Housekeeper

After surfing the web like a n00b, I came across an interesting strategy for LW. I consists of lowering your combos to all it is is a finisher, then setting your air finisher to the standard sora finish attack. Also, setting high jump to off is needed. Then, all you do is jump, then hit. Jump, then hit. And all he does is stagger. I want to know; has anyone else tried this? Do you find it cheap? Whatother strategies do you have?

2. gersomvs Guest

It sounds VERY cheap, but considering the boss's difficulty, I'd say: go for it!
    I myself did a more standard strategy, often found on youtube. You dodge and block many of his attacks and perform two combo's in succession when dealing damage, after which you'll have to prepare for his counters. One thing I always liked to do was to block his Ultima Cannon while he was close.This was really helpful because the ammount of damage you deal increases with each hit in a quick succession of attacks. Apparently Lingering Will has sort of a barrier that continually decreases. It restores however as soon as he counters. When you block UC while you're standing close to him his shield is almost completely blown off. You can then get in a few good hits. His regular combo in which he tries to whack you with his keyblade should just be blocked so that you gain opening. One move I don't have the answer too is once he turns his keyblade into some sort of bow and curses you. Your hp rapidly decreases and you need to hit escape in the command box to get free. If you get the wrong command, you gain damage and practically immediately die. I've seen people dodge that move with dodge roll, but you need sublime timing. I had luck in my battle against him as he never used it in the match where I beat him. Then there's his ultimate move which he uses when there's only about 4 life bars left. from what I've experienced trying to run away from it isn't going to work. You need to block the first part of the combo and as soon as he disappears you need to dodge roll to the side (from what I've seen) as to block the second part of his attack. You can then try to block the final part of his combo. It's very usefull to have the abilities Leaf Bracer, Once More and Second Chance. That's all I can give you. Good luck.

3. Nobodyslight Merlin's Housekeeper

Oh I tried it it works good. I had already beat him before already, but I depended heavily on drive forms, but I'm going to try that. Btw, so you have finishing plus equipped? If so what finishers are equipped?

4. gersomvs Guest

I'd have to look it up again, since I'm already nearing the end with Birth by Sleep Final Mix, but I'll get back to you on that :). (Also, having to complete BBS reports with all three characters is a draaag)

update
    Make good use of Limit Form for obvious reasons. As i fought this boss, I had the feeling that Limit Form was added to the game specifically for this fight.

5. 0blivionkeeper Merlin's Housekeeper

I used the Fenrir/negative combo strat, but only because I was playing on critical and he can one shot you fairly quickly, even at lvl. 99. I may play on an easier difficulty and try to beat him normally, but you need mad skills to beat him on crit.

As far as it being cheap, if a strategy works without having to break the game, I say that's all well and good. :3

6. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

I'll be honest, I have tried the strategy you mentioned. It does work if executed properly. Keeping it going is actually a challenge in itself, as if you are even a fraction of a second too slow between the jump and the finisher, Lingering Will will regain invulnerability and can very well finish you off before you get a chance to set up the combo again. You must keep up this perfect sequence of jump, attack, jump, attack for several minutes before he succumbs. He can certainly be defeated in other, more "legitimate" fashions. However, this allows less skilled players, those who dislike incredibly difficult challenges and trophy collectors to taste victory.

I agree with the user above. In my opinion, if a battle method allows you to achieve success and requires nothing like external game modification/enhancement devices, it is fair enough. If an opponent is engineered to be so difficult that players find unique ways to succeed, these sort of gameplay oddities practically beget themselves. Cheers.​

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015