Lingering Will to be voiced in 2.5 HD ReMix?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Meilin Lee, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Yes yes, I know Xemnas wasn't voiced in KHFM for 1.5 HD ReMix. But neither were any of the additional scenes. But with 2.5, it looks like they decided to voice the additional scenes, which makes me wonder if Terra/Lingering Will will be voiced as well. I wouldn't mind it tbh. Jason Dohring's voice has grown on me, and I'm really interested to see how the scene would play out if voiced.

2. Eric Luna Destiny Islands Resident

That is Something to look forward to.

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Dunno. Lingering Will's voice was really...not-voice-like? It was kinda just metallic echoing that was hard to make out at all, and that added to Lingering Will's air of mystery, in my opinion. There were subs, anyway. If they do decide to dub Lingering Will, I hope they don't change its sound much from the way it was in KHIIFM+.

4. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I don't think so but I wouldn't write it out. KH2:FM had Japanese voiced scenes except for Lingering Will (I'll be happy to get a definite English name for this so I won't have to follow the half dozen different names we've given that fight). So I think it was unvoiced on purpose. Though I would certainly not mind being wrong here.

5. Antidote Façade

I think it would be better if they kept it unvoiced to preserve the mystique of the encounter - Sora doesn't know who it is at this point, it's just an ominous suit of armour with a strong will latched onto it.

6. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

Lingering Will didn't have a voice in BBS. So naturally it shouldn't be voiced for KH2FM.

The character not having a voice also kind of fits with the situation anyway

7. A Zebra Chaser

I think the question beyond just giving him a mystique is WHY would the Lingering Will have a voice? It's not Terra, Xehanort is Terra. The Wingering Will doesn't have a body to GIVE a voice

8. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Well it's taking after Terras memories. So it could have the voice of Terra or both Terra and Xehanort. Sora can obviously hear him because he draws out his keyblade the first word he says.

9. A Zebra Chaser

Hear him, but there's a weird ghost voice. That makes a lot more sens than armour imbued with someone's last wishes randomly talking

10. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Ghost voice? You mean that ambient SFX? That sounds nothing like a voice. I think that's for the player because they haven't chosen on an actor yet. I believe they did the same with xemnas voice in kh1. Also another reason why the data org never talked and only laughed and grunted because they actors weren't decided.

11. A Zebra Chaser

you can't even argue that they did it for that reason because the Lingering will has no voice in BBS

12. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

It's just a good assumption because 1 and 2 final mix games were silent by default.

13. A Zebra Chaser

by default, but in Japanese the new scenes were voiced, except for Terra

14. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Yeah because it could be a bad idea to do that and then the voice actor be different in the actual game. They keep a lot of secret bosses quite. Like MF.

15. A Zebra Chaser

so why change that now?

16. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

They never voiced over the new scenes in 1.5. Due to voice changes
    And probably the lack of dev members. Now there is 70 working on 2.5. And since hall unvoiced since are going to be voiced then why not do Terra's. Also if I remember correctly Terra's armor in BBS never attempted to talk. No subtitles.

17. A Zebra Chaser

You do hear Sora Donald and Goofy talk during the Xemnas battle though. That was just spliced audio back when they did it in the Japanese version, but it's still enough to show that the rest of the cutscenes INTENTIONALLY lack a voice. Adding Terra or Xemnas' voice would spoil the surprise of the characters, anyways, since you'd immediately recognize the voices.
    There really doesn't seem to be any precedent to adding voices to either scene (or YMX to MF battle) all it would really accomplish is removing a lot of gravity from the scenes, and giving Jason Dohring another chance to rear his bland head

18. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

1fm always had the copy pasted audio for sora and gang. Also it wouldn't matter if you heard terra voice or not because they show him in the opening with in his armor flashing on and off and almost immediately you see him change into the armor in game. People will know before actually playing the game due to the opening CGI. I would t care either way if terra was voiced though I am curious I what it would sound like.

19. A Zebra Chaser

yeha, I just said that
    if you play BBS first, then yeah, you know about Terra, but if you play the games in order? I mean seriously, the ultimate reward for KH2 is a cg trailer of bbs
    Hearing a regular guy's voice coming out of a mysterious suit of armour? Sounds like a way to shatter the gravity of the scene to me!

20. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

But you said people could immediately recognize the voice meaning they played 2fm first before BBS. They are still going to see him in the opening. Also they can still see the regular secret ending first without fighting terra.
    It could break the feel for most but it's probably going to get put in. I thing they are probably going to give the data org quotes and I don't want that. Will ruin the feel for me.