Traditional Art Like An Angel (Nui Harime Vector Render)

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Laplace, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

[​IMG]

I still don't know where to post these, they don't count as sketches from my mind, and are done purely on Photoshop, so...

Another Vector of mine, 100+ Layers, did this today while waiting for 3DS to charge. c:

Tried to give it a cel-shaded look given how thick the outlines are in the anime (Or atleast in the screenshot I picked).

Original screenshot is literally one of the first things that came when I typed "Kil la Kill" In a search engine lol.

For those who don't know what a Vector is (Because you didn't look at my first one), I take a screenshot and recreate it using only the colors as a base and the image as a guide, but I took a few liberties.

And for those who want to know, I usually start with the face because that's the hardest part for me to make. lol.

CnC please and thank you. c:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  2. Hiro ✩ Guardian

This is really well-done. I almost thought it was an official render!

Very nice work.

3. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

These are both amazing, you really did put in a lot of effort. I think they belong in traditional art though simply because it's your drawing of them we are commenting on as opposed to something completely digital like a tag or signature but it is confusing so I don't blame you xD

~Moved to Traditional art

Anyway, onto the CnC, there is less shading in this one than the other, which isn't always a bad thing, but the one thing that does stand out is some of the lines are a bit messy, if this is the style you are going for then great :3 but if you wanted to make the lines more clean cut (for example, the hand) then I suggest taking a bit more care when making them.

Also, I have never been sure what "vector" means, I always assumed it meant using the pen tool to create shapes but have I got that wrong?

I do like how you've varied the thickness of some of the lines to add depth but some of the places do feel a bit plain with no shading- like her bow and torso part of the dress. A minor thing, but the colours go outside the lines a bit in places, mostly the legs but that's just a minor complaint :3. Other than that, it's very nice work :3

4. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Thanks a lot!

Alright thanks, I'll make sure to post all future Vectors in this section. c:

Yeah the thing I forgot to mention is that the original picture barely had any shading at all, being an anime screenshot and such.

The original picture in question: http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/...LPs DigiArts Vectors and such/KLKOriginal.png

Yeah some outlines are a bit messy, but that's because of lazyness, I just selected pixels and outlined instead of redoing the pentooling lol.

I don't know what it clearly means either, I just saw someone once do a "Vector Render" and I was all "Wow this is cool, I should try it someday.", and here I am.

Yeah I tried shading her bow but my brain went "LOLNOPE", I guess I am bad at doing drawing things when I'm not copying. :l

Anyways, new version up, added more shading to her dress, fixed up her sword-thingy, and other stuff.