Light Vs. Darkness: The Hero's Return

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

[​IMG]

If Ohm had not been snapped out of attention, he would have walked right off the cliff side. He stopped himself and looked down, the chasm was deep and the squirming white at the bottom unnerved him. He wordlessly looked to the side at Zavion as he summoned up a huge amount of darkness to make a makeshift bridge. Zephyr had doubts about the method, but Ohm held his sword tight in his hand and just stepped onto the bridge. No questions, no doubts, no concerns. He only wanted to get this over with quickly. He wanted to know if his sister was safe when they returned to the meeting place. The bridge felt sturdy, though the feeling around it made him a little nervous, but he wasn't about to let that stop him. He took a few steps on the bridge and then turned his head to look at the others, waving."Oyy!!" He called out, gesturing for them to get a move on.​

2. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Gexln emerged from the dark corridor in Sapphire's throne room once more. He walked over towards her, and stopped a few meters away from the goddess. "I asked one thing of you, Sapphire. All I wanted was Xero's safety, to not involve my family in your mess, and you couldn't do that? First you take my son, and then you try to take my wife?" he asked, bitterness evident in his voice. He then turned and sat on the ground, still just a short distance from Sapphire. "I don't know what I'm meant to do anymore. Every day the darkness within me gets stronger, gets a little closer to gaining complete control, and I can't even tell the one closest to me. She's probably picked up on it anyway, but I don't think she knows just how bad it's gotten. It's screwing with everything, Sapphire, and it only sped up the moment you took Lucifer's heart" he said, still keeping the same tone.

He sighed now, not sure of how to proceed. "You're the goddess, you're meant to keep things like this in check, but I don't think even you could do anything about it, not that I'd let you try anyway" the Wanderer of the Dark stated, before standing up and turning to face his former friend. "I need you to do a couple of things for me. I don't know how much longer I'm going to last, and I don't want Xero's last memories of me to be the ******* I've become. I need you to take certain memories inside my head and put them in something that Xero could hold onto, to remember me when I'm eventually gone. Shouldn't be a problem for you, right? The other thing is a bit more simple than that. When I lose myself completely, I want you to...I need you to bring me down. I don't care what you have to do or how you do it, but under no circumstances can I be allowed to live. If you do these two things for me, then I'll stop this rebellion before it even begins" he said, a very serious tone to his voice as he spoke.

[​IMG]
    Dane Erapper had made his way through the castle, barely looking in any of the rooms as he walked through them. The hero could be there, there was a possibility, but if he was, was he likely to be hiding inside a box, or inside a book? None at all. He'd be standing there, probably talking about how heroic he is, how many worlds he has saved, or how many times he has saved a life. You know, heroic stuff and all that crap. Dane couldn't help but chuckle a little at that thought. The hero sounded almost like the complete opposite of Dane really. Were it him, he wouldn't be talking about all the good he's done, what was the point of telling somebody a story that lasted about three seconds? Dane would be talking about how much of an ass he was, how many worlds he'd destroyed, or how many lives he had taken.

In the midst of his thoughts, the Shadow Reaper walked into a room that seemed more void of life than most of the others had. The other rooms had contained books, shelves, and every now and then a piece of very old furniture, maybe a suit of armour or two, but this one was different. This one had an old, dead fireplace, and furniture scattered around that made it look as though it hadn't been used in a very long time and had been abandoned long ago. He noticed that Alissia was standing there, reading a book. Once again, he found himself wondering what the point of looking inside of it was. If they were going to find the hero, they'd need to do more than sit down and read a book.

Walking over, Dane stepped over to the girl. "Oh my god would you look at that? You've found the hero! What a genius idea it was to sit here and read rather than look in other places!" he said in mock excitement, before snatching the book and peering inside of it himself. His face changed to an expression of mock disappointment, as he opened his mouth to talk again. "Awww, looks like it was just a dusty old book after all. I guess you're just wasting your time huh?" he said, placing the book on a chair with a slight snicker. "What do you think you're going to find in a book? You think this hero is going to go missing forever and after all this time nobody has thought to look in a book? While you're reading, the goddess is only going to get more powerful. She'll start going mad with power, killing people and destroying their homeworlds, all because you decided to sit here reading. Hell, she might even beat me on that front, and that'd be embarassing" Dane said, laughing at the end of it in a rather cruel, sick manner before he turned and slowly started walking out of the room, almost hoping Alissia had some kind of reaction.

[​IMG]
    The Hunter poro held one tiny leg out and casually swiped it in front of his nose, waving off any insults Gwen had launched at him. "I ain't gonna kill myself woman. I don't think I could kill myself if I tried, I'm way too tough for that. I'd go to try and do it, and then probably punch myself in the face to stop me, then I'd get into this massive fistfight with me, and this rp would explode because it can't handle that much awesomeness in one battle. You just sit tight and quit worryin' about me, or else you're gonna get wrinkles, and a wrinkly ginger sounds like somethin' you'd see in a freak show at the circus" Hunter said, using his tiny wings to turn and float in the direction the Beuce had conveniently been spun to.

[​IMG]
    "Don't worry about it. If I didn't help, what would your father say? He'd start flinging around big words and make me feel more stupid than my brother" Juliet said, saying the word with obvious dislike of the boy, "looks normally" she said, giving a slight smile as she spoke to Freya, before turning her attention to the bridge that had just been created. It was an impressive feat, to say the least, but she didn't have time to admire it. Not knowing how long the bridge would last, she made her way across it, eager to see what was on the other side.

3. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "I am the goddess yes, I have much control but I do not have the authority to tell people they can't do what they desire. I may have to punish them if they break the law for it, but they still have free will. Xero chose to go, that was her choice, it was not up to me to tell her to stay. I did not ask her to fight or get involved I just didn't stop her because I don't have the right to stop her. If you hate me for it, so be it, just one more burden to carry. However this problem is between you and her so try not to place the blame somewhere else. You know Xero, you know she would want to fight and it is your job to protect her if she chooses to, that or stop her. I will do what I can to keep her safe from here while granting free will." Sapphire explained to Gexln in a calm manner. How she managed to stay calm and almost monotone was a mystery to herself but she did it because it was what needed to be done. Gexln then mentioned the darkness growing in him. She had seen it all along, she knew and couldn't say anything for both his and Xero's sake. Worst of all she was very aware there was nothing even she could do, she had the power to take and give a heart, but she could not change what lay within. And she was the one to worsen it.

"Gexln you gotta listen to me. Please. I know you are still bitter about what I did, but I had to. If it was anyone else you would have agreed that the punishment was necessary. I can't ignore the law for a friend, what do you think that would say to the people I am trying to gain the trust of? I did what I could to skirt around it and show I punished him yet still let you have your son. He is alive isn't he? I know you are bitter but that only magnifies the darkness. Please please just think about forgiving. Although I know I have no right to ask that of you... I just miss my friend...." Sapphire pleaded of Gexln. The subject was also touchy for her, not just him, but there was nothing she could do now to fix it.

Next Sapphire simply nodded and started to wave a little magic around copying the best memories of Gexln and putting them safe inside a small orb that could be used like a holographic device. The process took her a couple of minutes but when it was complete she spoke again.
    "Would you like this to be kept safe here, or would you like to give it to her yourself?" Sapphire offered the orb out to Gexln. "I promise that if it takes control I will... I will put an end to you before you do something you regret, I just pray it isn't any time soon. I will do what I have to though, so you can rest in peace when the time comes.... friend." Sapphire still held onto the idea they could be friends despite his bitterness, some would call it childish naive dreaming, but Sapphire simply called it hope. "Also... In case we don't get to talk again... in case something does happen I want to thank you. For everything you did to help me get here. You trained me a bit before the war when I was young and naive. You helped me to become a good leader... and... And you never left me completely. You are one of the few people I have ever had constant in my life, even if you do hate me, you where still always around and I thank you." Sapphire finished tears in her eyes.
    [​IMG]
    Alisia was quietly scanning through books when someone approached from behind, started mocking her and then took the book from her before continuing to mock her. "Of course people have looked in books but it could have been 300 years since these have been touched. Perhaps they have a clue or more of the legend, there is no harm in checking!" Alisia protested annoyed. "And I don't think that the goddess is the one I have to worry about destroying home worlds. But she is sure doing a shitty job of stopping the one that is. My home town was destroyed somehow. I came back from being just outside of town to the entire thing on fire. After and explosion knocked out I found out that someone destroyed my entire damn planet and she didn't do a damn thing to stop it! What good is a goddess if she can't stop someone before they destroy a planet." The topic was obviously a taboo for Alisia, something that set her off, and bad. She was clearly getting annoyed. "If you don't want to look in the books then don't and piss off, but I am going to." Alisia finally said turning back to the book shelf, drawing another book and blowing the dust off of it to continue her reading.
    [​IMG]
    "Yes yes you just keep telling yourself that. I am surprised that your big head isn't causing you to fall out of the sky, really neat trick you got there." Gwen said with a chuck as she turned to follow in the direction that Beuce had gone. She could see the cave in the distance and was soon on all fours running for it. She wanted to see what might be in it, if it was something cool or this hero or what. If it was the hero perhaps he could save her from the idiots she was with, or perhaps he was actually hot and didn't just think himself to be hot. Hopefully he wasn't as arrogant. These ideas got Gwen moving even fasting, shooting ahead of Beuce to get to the cave. Her curiosity was getting the better of her now, she had to know.
    [​IMG]
    "What are you talking about, your brother is hot. Has too many years in the realm of darkness been messing with your eyes Juliet?" Freya said as she giggled walking back to where the others were. It was kind of nice to be with another girl for once. Freya was so used to hanging around Zavion and Lucifer she had almost forgotten what it was like to just be around another girl like herself. It didn't help that she never did have many friends so she ended up hanging out with Zavion even when they weren't running from their mother. They as in Zavion and Lucifer, Freya figured that they could go home at any time.

As people started to cross the bridge Freya walked up to her brother replenishing some of his energy, she might have been support which was typically seen as light magic, but she had some dark support to including the ability to channel some of her own dark magic energy and amplify it as she gave it to her brother to use.
    "Zavion you have to stop exerting yourself like that. It is too much. I can always replenish it but I mean what if you go too far one day, what if I don't have the energy to replenish it. What then? What if one day I am not around, then what are you going to do? You need to know your limits." As Freya finished her speech she also finished her magic so he was as strong as ever. "I don't want to see you go too far and something happen to you, then what would happen to us? To Lucifer?" Freya asked, her voice concerned. Freya was always worrying about everything and she wasn't afraid to voice what was on her mind, not to her brother.

4. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

[​IMG]

It seemed that people were starting to follow onto the bridge. he had faith that it would stay stable as long as the creator of the bridge didn't lose concentration. He wasn't worried though, he knew everything would be okay. He wasn't sure how or why, but he just knew. That was one thing about Ohm, he silently put his faith into anything with the assurance it would work. He set off, making the trek towards the end of the bridge. He wasn't being slow nor was he being cautious, just going at a stroll that anyone would do in a public park.​

5. Mysty Unknown

((I'll make banners eventually))

Eigo stared at the goddess, his eyes looking upon her beauty. She had commanded him to scare away the rebels. This was a job that he could handle. Not killing them would be harder than just ending their lives. He bowed down to her and let out his voice, in a cold and dark tone.
    "It is as you wish, my goddess. I shall show them fear beyond all else. The goddess shall be heard and I as your messenger shall deliver your calling."

He stood finally and walked into the dark corridor after Xero. It wasn't long until they had reached the pride lands. It was a thriving place full of wildlife. His appearance renamed the same thanks to the power of the goddess and his armor. He looked over to the girl next to him. In the distance, he could see several... bizarre creatures in the distance heading towards a cave.
    "They are heading towards that cave. I assume we should start with them. Stand behind me, I am an unbreakable wall, not even this new religion of the 4th wall can tear me down." His serious tone went with him as he walked forward towards the group.

Dawn was only sighing at these individuals. They were clearly all just against her because she was late to the roleplay. It was fine, it was okay. Eventually they would accept her like they do the master in skype. Either way, she was now a cute white fluff ball, bouncing towards them into the cave. Well, this was until she looked back and saw the gray figure climbing down the mountain. "Guys, is it just me, or is General Grievous and Darth Vader's love child coming down here?"

Within little time at all, Eigo managed to grasp Dawn by her small fluffy appearance, his eyes glaring through the mask, the orange piercing eyes looking into her soul.

With a breath of air, she finally managed to grasp the situation. Get it, grasp. Anyway, she looked over at him and gave a serious look. "Let me guess what you're about to say." The woman cleared her throat and began to speak. "You are a part of the rebel alliance and a traitor."

Eigo only sighed and squeezed her harder. His eyes moved towards the other strange creatures among them. He spoke out to Xero one more time.
    "Any of these him?"

Dawn struggled some before coughing out. "Everyone, my nephew. Nephew, everyone."

6. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

[​IMG]
    Xero had appeared out of the dark corridor and into the strange new world. She put one foot in front of the other to walk forward only to suddenly fall face first into the ground. She tried standing back up but then fell again, "Wha-? What the hell? Why can't I stand correctly?!" Suddenly she looked at her hands only to see canine like paws and then she looked at herself to see the body of a hyena, "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO ME?!!" Xero shouted at Eigo, now beginning to freak out. She tried to cautiously walk, her new four legged body feeling very awkward. She looked back up at the man, "How am I supposed to fight like this?! I'M A FREAKING DOG... I THINK! I DON'T KNOW!" She then saw Eigo grab something and asked if any of the creatures was Gexln. She looked around rather confused, "I... I don't know. I can't tell who anyone is..."

LEXCIFUR
    Lexcifur silently listened to Freya as she made a speech to Zavion. He also ignored his half sister and walked with the group across the bridge that Zavion had made.
    (I'm sorry I'm not sure what to have Lexcifur do right now.. )​

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  7. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

As more and more people had started to cross the bridge, Zephyr figured that he should join them. The bridge seemed to be sturdy enough to hold all of them on it, least so long as Zavion could maintain it, which could've been a harder task if he wasn't being assisted in that task. Still he didn't dwell on that for long for he'd already started moving towards and on to the bridge. Once his foot had actually stepping foot made contact with the bridge, he noticed that ti was about as solid as one would expect any bridge to be. Least that was one less thing for him to worry about as he ventured further across the bridge.

8. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Dane simply stood there for a moment, listening to what Alissia was saying. He was relatively quiet, something unusual for him, trying to stifle a laugh. Eventually he just gave into it. "Oh that was me! I love destroying homeworlds! It's my second favourite thing to do, next to literally stealing candy from babies!" he exclaimed. "Tell me that was you too! ...no? Awwww, alright then. So yeah, destroyed your planet, eradicated your family, bragged about it in front of you, on a scale from 1 to 10, how much do you hate me right now? Anything less than a 10 and I'll add you to the list of people I've killed. Hell, I'll even bury you next to your daddy!" he said, laughing the entire time he spoke.

[​IMG]
    Hunter stopped and turned around slowly. The gods had blessed him. There was another female nearby, he was sure of it. Now there were two, Xero and Ginger. Dawn didn't count because everyone knows she's just a man with boobs, he probably tanked the whole procedure without a word. God, what a showoff. The small poro-bug-thing flew over towards Xero, and when he had confirmed he flew over to a conveniently placed, nearby boulder and landed on it in a dramatic pose. He took a torch out of his inventory and dropped it on the ground behind him, giving off a golden glow behind him. "I AM HIM" he boomed in a sqeaky and utterly adorable voice, much to his disappointment, before he kicked the torch away and looked back at Xero.

"Ginger, I finally found one. A creature from another rp, hell another movie franchise even. Hairy pothead or somethin', I think it's called. We gots ourselves...a boggart!" he proclaimed. Picking up a small rock at his feet, he threw it at Xero's feet. "Transform!" he ordered. When nothing happened, he threw another one. "I said transform!" he demanded.

[​IMG]
    Gexln sat there, not turning to look at Sapphire as she spoke. He merely listened, although he really didn't want to. The two of them had once been friends, something Gexln could say about very few people, but that time had passed long ago. When she had taken her son's heart, she had taken any chance of them being friends again with it. Turning his head slightly, he spoke up. "Knowing what I've been through, knowing all the suffering, and knowing how many people I've watched die in front of me that I care about, could you forgive someone who claimed to be a friend, only to add another to the list of loved ones lost?" he asked quietly. His tone conveyed not a sense of anger, but one of sadness, disappointment even.

He then resumed his sitting there for a good few minutes, the silence speaking volumes about how little Gexln was willing to try to move on. He knew that it only increased the speed at which the darkness took him, but he didn't care. In his mind, the moment he forgave her was the moment he condemned another person he cared about to death, and he was running out of those. Maybe she would finish their son off, or maybe...no. If she even thought about harming Xero, then goddess or not she would die. He'd killed a god before, he wasn't afraid of trying to do so again.

The Wanderer of the Dark stood up and took the orb from Sapphire. "I'll keep it safe" he said. Another moment of silence passed before he continued. "I don't hate you, I hate the goddess you became and the way the power went to your head. The old Sapphire would have figured something out to keep her friend's son intact, the new was the one that condemned him. I'll stop the rebellion because I promised I would, but had you not told me of them before I found out myself, I would've been spearheading the attempt to dethrone you. The people were right to rebel, it'll be another sin added to my collection when I kill them for it" he said bitterly before opening another dark corridor and stepping through.

9. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

[​IMG]
    Xero looked over at the bug looking thing standing on a bolder next to her. It claimed to be Gexln but there was only one thing that was on Xero's mind now that completely drowned out any other thought she had.
    "B-B-B.... BUG! OH GOD GET IT AWAY FROM ME!" She practicality screamed as she ran over behind Eigo. As the bug got closer to her and started throwing pebbles at her she freaked out even more. She tried grabbing a fairly big rock and threw it at the bug attempting to squish it, "GET IT AWAY!"

10. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    The rock went flying through the air, thrown with tremendous force despite the attacker being a hyena. As an enormous shadow appeared over Hunter, he knew it was time. Slowly the small creature looked up, the expression on his face saying it all; Hunter genuinely believed he was going to be fine. With a shrewd, high pitched battlecry, the poro leaped up with all the strength in his little legs and attempted to break the rock with nothing but his sheer awesomeness and thick skull. Women had been telling him for years nothing would get through his thick skull, and now was the time to prove them right! Time seemed to slow as Hunter collided with the huge rock.

Unfortunately, even in his last moments Hunter still could not allow women to defeat him in an argument, and so the rock crushed the tiny creature, leaving a small bloody corpse on the ground underneath a small boulder. Xero had murdered Hunter.

11. Mysty Unknown

Eigo looked over at Xero, a glare piercing through his mask. She did just as the goddess demanded they not. "You killed the creature. The Goddess told us not to do so. Now I am contemplating whether to claim you traitor or not. Sigh, the loss of one of them won't be too bad though."

His attention moved over to the other animals. He snapped his fingers to allow the gravity around the remaining creatures to gravitate towards him. He would stop them before they could get too close. They would be floating in suspended animation for a while until the spell wore off. "Listen vermin, the Goddess demands you go off the hunt for this 'hero' you are all searching for. You will bring great danger to our universe if you ever release him. Demons, death, plague: all of these things and more will swarm around and destroy everything you hold dear. Refuse... and I will take extra measures."

12. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Freya had indeed restored his energy, but it came with a lecture. That was exactly what he wanted. "I know my limits, same as i know yours. If it would be too much for you to pick me back up, i wouldn't do it. If you're not around, then i suppose i'll have to do something without the constant aid of my little sister." It was then she spoke of the possibility of something happening to them, but to Lucifer in particular. He was well aware that she was creepily attached to his friend. It was painfully obvious for anyone, let alone someone with the ability to see the innermost feelings of those around them. However, it almost seemed as though she was more concerned with his well being than Zavion's or her own. He scowled momentarily, although it wasn't really all that different from his usual expression.

"He can handle himself. I'm fairly sure he could've made it along this whole time even if we'd never been there." He continued walking across the bridge and toward the castle. He thought of his friendship with Lucifer, and how it had come about. He'd been an outcast all his life for his heritage, and Lucifer was the only one who never really seemed to care. He was a bit of an ass at times, but he'd meant well most of the time. However, that changed when his mother had taken his heart. It was replaced with nothing but anger.

[​IMG]
    Well, this was just great. They were all set to go to the cave and look for the hero, and then all of the sudden two ******s and their pet darkness lion show up, and are all like "Oh, you can't search for the hero because we said so. Also we're just gonna go ahead and kill hunter" Like, what the fuck? How was he supposed to get twenty stacks instantly if he was already dead? "Excuse me, you're all coming up to us, trying to stop us on our quest to advance the plot, killing one of our members, and then you expect us to just go along quietly? Listen buddy, i dunno what kinda angst you got pent up after your wife probably left you for the gardener, but let's get one thing straight. There is not, nor will there ever be, any wall i cannot break. I beat this one guy who used to be in sos, but behemoths ate him. He didn't even tank the damage so he didn't die, he tanked BEING DEAD. Explain that one. I've broken the freaking fifth wall! Do you know what that is? No, of course you don't! Because no one thinks it exists! And you know what? IT DOESN'T! I BROKE IT ANYWAY! THAT'S HOW GOOD I AM!"

Beuce finished his rant at Eigo, then looked at the lion alongside them.

Suddenly, Beuce felt the overwhelming need to prove his dominance. "Alright Mr."Extra measures". We all know we're not just gonna give up on the quest for the hero because then that would be the end of the rp. So, If you're to chicken, then make like a banana and fuck off. Otherwise, let's do this." Now, some say his heart grew three sized that day. Those people are stupid. He stopped being chibi and revealed what an absolute monster his pride lands form actually was.
    [​IMG]

13. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Sapphire stood up and began to pace rubbing her temples as she did obviously stressed. "You don't understand...." She said under her breath before leaning against the wall on the other side of the room. "You just don't get it do you?" Her knees trembled as she sank to the ground a tear rolling down her cheek. "I hate having to punish people, I hate the person you see that has let power to go to their head. All I wanted was a peaceful world, with no deaths, no sadness, no fighting. This isn't what I want! I didn't want to take your sons heart! I didn't want to be that person but what can I do. The old Sapphire could have tried to figure something else out sure.... but the old Sapphire got walked all over pushed around and couldn't stand up for herself. I relied so heavily on others that I wasn't the person I needed to be to get what needed done done." Sapphire curled in the corner, the more they talked on the subject the more it hurt her. Her face was now red as the tears flowed. "I don't know what you want me to do about it.... I don't know what I can do. I don't know who you want me to be or how to balance the two but I promise you it isn't as easy as you may think, so for that I am sorry, I am so terribly sorry."

Gexln then said another comment that hurt far more then any of them before, more then his simply hatred and sarcastic remarks. He told her he would have spearheaded the attempt to dethrone her if he had found out himself. Those words cut Sapphires heart, she felt as though she had just been stabbed. Quiet sobs echoed through the empty throne room as the goddess shook and cried. Everything was going wrong, everything she worked for, and everyone she tried to protect. Nothing was going as it was supposed to and Sapphire felt lost and confused. She let down her calm collected act that she had learned to put on for the good of the people. She couldn't do it anymore. She couldn't stand pretending everything was okay when it wasn't. But who was there to save her after she saved everyone else. Who was her shoulder to lay her head on after comforting those around her. The closest thing she had was a projection of the man she loved who lived in a cold hard cave in the center of the world, not the most comforting or warming place to be in the world.

[​IMG]
    "Hmph" Freya crossed her arms and sighed. "You make it sound bad that you have your sister helping you. I am not that bad to have around, and don't you try to deny it." Zavion then started to respond to her comment about something happening to Lexcifur sounding almost unimpressed with her. "I know he can handle himself but he IS your best friend and I mean who know what is out there, things can always go wrong and then what, he needs a friend there with him. A responsible friend that is." The last part she said with more seriousness in her voice. She fully trusted her brother but at times she felt he was reckless and that is why she stuck around all the time. Besides she sometime felt that she was the only source of light for either of them. Both of them where rather dark in personality and she feared they would stray too far off the path of what was right and end up doing something to cross her mother. They hadn't yet, well besides the thing Lucifer did that lost him his heart, but it could happen. "I just don't want to see you guys get in trouble or hurt. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to you or him...." Freya spoke in a small soft voice now as she started crossing the bridge behind her brother, the last one to cross.

Reaching the castle Freya looked around and shivered.
    "This place gives me the creeps, but I suppose we should explore and see if we can find this cave thing or whatever." Freya spoke kind of quietly as she expressed what she thought they should do. She then walked over to Lexifur. "Would you come with me looking around please. I don't want to explore alone." Freya had her hands clasped behind her back and eyes to the floor as she spoke. "Please." She added in one more time.

[​IMG]
    Gwen was hardly paying attention to the new people and what was going on around her when suddenly a voice echoed through the air. An ally had been slain apparently. Gwen readied her bow to fight whatever was attacking them until her eyes where drawn to the squished bug under a rock, Hunter. Next thing Gwen knew she was walking up to Xero. "You ma'am are my new best friend." Gwen said before turning back to Hunter. "But did you have to completely murder him? I mean sure he is a handful but he is kinda a good guy, well sorta in some obscure way, okay not really. What am I saying. That pervert is gone. I don't have to get the feeling someone is constantly staring at my ass. For that I love you and thank you." The small cat lady looked up at the hyena. "I am Gwen Tosca nice to meet you." Gwen then turned to Eigo and pulled out her bow again. "If you hurt my new best friend I will make sure you die a slow painful poisoned death, got it." Gwen threatened.

It wasn't long after the threat that she was pulled closer to Eigo with some invisible force as he told them not to do there mission. Gwen rolled her eyes and pulled up the quest screen in front of her, went to the Pride Lands header and looked at her quests.
    "Look dude my quest list say and I quote, search for the lost hero in the caves of pride rock. I am not going to let some random npc stop me, got it." By the time she finished talking the stun wore off and Gwen was able to walk again so with one cast of root she turned and started walking off towards the quest marker.

[​IMG]
    The thump of a book hitting the floor was the only sound in the room after Dane had finished talking. Alisia's face became very pale. The girl fell silent as he feet began to shuffle not answering Dane's question. Tears seemed to be welling in her eyes but she was holding them back well enough, none streamed down her face. As Alisia walked near Dane she closed her eyes, only opening then when she had passed him slightly. An orange sigil appeared in her left eye. Alisia waved her hand slightly and spoke in a quiet, angry tone. "Doom." Alisia cast her deadly spell. Numbers counting down from ten appeared above Dane's head, but besides that there was no sign that she had cast anything. As long as he didn't look up and he didn't knock her out in the next ten seconds then he would be dead. She would have got her revenge that she really wanted to get. She wouldn't kill the goddess that failed to save her home but instead the man who had destroyed it altogether, that was even better.

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Aside from Zavion talking with his sister, there wasn't much being said between them as they walked towards the castle. Not that Zephyr was helping much to strike up some chat, but that wasn't one of the best things that he was good at so he decided against it for the time being. Maybe he would change his mind later. What he did though was take this time to look around and get some kind of idea of who he would be working with. First up was Zavion, which aside from the wings there wasn't all that much to notice aside from the possibility of him being emo. That was based purely on his appearance and nothing more.

Next up was his sister, whose name he didn't know. The only thing that he could think about her was how she acted towards the brown haired guy with the weird arm that hung around them, speaking of which both the brown haired and blue haired one were about as equally quiet. That just left the brown hair woman who basically the only thing that he knew about her was that she had a kid, nothing else. It was definitely quite the interesting group of people, that was for certain. "So..." Zephyr started, decided to open up a conversation with whoever who answer. "What exactly are we going to do in the castle aside from looking for clues?"

His question was pretty well timed seeing as how the Zavion, his sister and their quiet friend (who was quickly approached by the aforementioned sister) were the first to cross the bridge. Zephyr was the next person to step on the other side of the bridge and look at the castle before them.

[​IMG]
    After going through about five different books, most of which were just journals, Xross had given up on finding anything of actually relating to the hero. In fact, he'd dare say that this was a waste of time. Sure he learned somethings about the late master, cause he's probably dead by now, none of that mattered in the slightest to him. Xross didn't even bother to put any of the books back were he'd gotten them from. He just left them on the ground and walked out the room.

After about taking one step out the door, he heard the faint sounds of voices nearby. Across the hall to be exact, in the other study that was on the same floor that Xross was on. He could make out what was being said and highly doubted that it was any residents that had miraculously survived all this time. One of the journals that he'd read mentioned how they returned to their human bodies, thus making death a more likely fate for them. So it had to be one of the other people that had arrived here as well.

Xross's curious nature had arisen as he walked into the study. It had appeared that he'd walked into some kind of hate scale between a silver haired girl and the brown haired.He didn't recall seeing the silver hair girl at all, but that wasn't such a big deal given the likelihood of her being part of the group. Anyway, back to the hate scale, bait like that was too easy for him to take. Instead he leaned his back against the door frame and spoke. "Lover's quarrel, that sure didn't take long." His gazed was directed not towards the two that were bicker, despite one of which having some kind of counter over his head. It was similar to a death clock in Devil Survivor cept no demons. Excluding the one keeping Xross alive.

Avi waited for the goddess to say something to him, but it appeared that she was preoccupied with someone else appearing in the room. This person appeared right next to her and from what he could tell at this distance, bickering with her. It probably wasn't any of his business, but he couldn't help to be nosy. Man your nosy. Lucirx said, prompting Avi to shake his head. "This coming from the guy who walked all the way here in there first place." Avi said this quiet enough so that only he would be able to hear it. He'd hated having to explain the other guy in his mind due to all of the times that he's been called crazy and other things along those lines.

15. Mysty Unknown

Idiots. That was the only word Eigo could use to describe what was going on. He was still unaffected by their imaginary powers and beliefs. He was a man from the Asylum, he knew how to capture and restrain creatures like these. Although the one turned into an angry beast, it didn't matter. His hand grabbed onto Gwen's neck. He now had Dawn and Gwen in a full grip. He turned to Xero who clearly was blood thirsty.

"You deal with the feline. These two are going to enjoy a closed space of nothing." He dropped them both into what seemed like invisible boxes. However, these were just what he needed against worshipers like these. "You may think you can escape and break the walls, however, how does one break a wall, if there is no wall to begin with?" A gravity and aero magic was in play now, no matter how they reacted, they would just move in place. Was it a bit godmod? a little, but you guys need to have some form of an OP antagonist who will die later because he is beaten by the power of friendship.

16. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    At the response from Alisia, Dane's laughter quietened, but it did not completely stop. He had barely heard the name of the spell the girl had cast, but it was not one to be taken lightly. Glancing up, he saw the familiar numbers, counting down the time he had left before he died. At least, that's how it seemed to work when used on others. He had never cast it himself, but he had manipulated others into doing the work for him long, long ago. Ah what fun that had been.

He whistled quietly. "Been a while since I've seen that one. I think the last time was cast by a woman. It was cast by your mother, shortly before I killed her and destroyed the homeworld. I can still hear her screams, echoing in the background of my head. Gotta have some cheerful, pleasant-sounding music to listen to as I play executioner don't I?" Dane taunted, completely making up that he knew her mother. He'd never met this girl before, so there wasn't a way- oh, no time for going into an internal monologue, doom counter.

Casually, the shadow reaper brandished his scythe, sitting it on the ground next to him. "I suppose you think that I'm some kinda sick, twisted guy who just wants to watch the worlds burn, right?" he asked. He then made his move. In an instant, he dashed next to the girl and leaned in close to her ear. "Well, you're right" he whispered, before he took a short step back, swung his scythe up and towards the girl's neck, and overshot it deliberately, knocking the girl out with the pole of the scythe and causing the spell to disappear.

[​IMG]
    About seven seconds after Hunter died, his body vanished and reappeared in Disney Castle, shortly before a green light enveloped him and he was resurrected not as a poro, but as his awesome self. Stretching a little bit, the man tried to recall what had happened. "Oh, right. I got killed by a pebble. Funny, I don't recall being turned into a pig" he said, scratching his head as he wondered why that particular pebble had worked on him. Bacon was awesome, he was awesome, so maybe it got confused...well, regardless, he had a grand entrance to make. Reaching forward, Hunter would have looked strange to any onlookers as though he was trying to grab some kind of invisible object. They wouldn't have been far off it if they'd thought that, either.

In a few short moments, he had found it. The Wall. Tearing a hole in it, Hunter squished his body together and crawled through it. As he got further into the hole, he remembered the rules of the world; he had to transform. The very second his body got through the hole and arrived in the pride lands, he found his body twisting and morphing back into the small poro. "No no no no...no" the man said. "**** adorableness, I want to be able to do something" he complained, ordering the world to change him into a different form. And it did.

[​IMG]

He was beyond awesome. No longer was he a tiny poro thing, now he was a menacing, buglike, murderous....well, thing. He was well and truly ready to go and kick some ass, and that was exactly what he planned to do. Running and repeatedly leaping until he made his way back to where the others were, he burst out laughing when he saw Gwen. "Oh my god, you caged Ginger!" he exclaimed in between laughter. It was then that he had a realization. "You...you embarassed Ginger. Only i'm allowed to do that!" he yelled, before diving towards Eigo with murderous intent.

17. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

[​IMG]
    Xero took a few steps back as the adorable lion suddenly turned into a giant monster of a form. That was when Eigo told her to take him on as he handled the other two and she just stood there awkwardly. She was in a canine form and unable to hold anything correctly or stand right. How the hell was she supposed to do anything?
    'Time to improvise I guess... ' she said as she summoned her scythe. As it materialized, she grabbed it with her mouth and attempted a battle pose, "Wait... Wall breaking...? Fifth wall... Possible habucenations...?" She came to a sudden realization of who this lion might be, "Beuce?" She just stood there rather confused.
    LEXCIFUR
    Lexcifur simply listened to the conversation between Zavion and Freya as he trailed behind the group. He didn't say anything about it, just basically let Zavion talk for him. When they finally crossed the bridge that seemed to take 10 posts to do, he looked around, "This place is huge. How the hell are we gonna find this 'hero'? I mean, splitting up could work but with how big this castle is, it could take ages." He began to walk towards the entrance then suddenly saw Freya run up to him asking if he could go with her.
    Lexcifur just stood there for a moment before looking over to Zavion as a hint for help. However he was preoccupied with something and Lexcifur was left fending for himself. He tried to think of an excuse that wouldn't let her come with him but none came to mind. Soon he rolled his eyes and reluctantly said, "Fiiiine..." with a groan before walking off expecting her to follow.

[/CENTER]

18. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Yay thank you Lucifer!" Freya said with great joy in her voice as she began to follow him, hands still clasped behind her back gently humming. She stuck close to Luxcifer not just because she like him, but because the entire castle gave her the creeps. Freya was not much for fighting so she tended to stick close to her brother or his best friend just in case something came up. After all due to their heritage they tended to get quite a bit of dislike and heartless didn't seem to like them too much especially her. From the corner of her eye Freya noticed a white thing slinking around the shadows. Freya tapped on Lexcifurs shoulder. "I don't think we are alone. There is something lurking around here. I am scared." Freya said glancing back to the shadow then returning her eyes to Lexcifur hoping he would do something about it.

[​IMG]
    As Eigo picked her up Gwen began to claw and scratch at him trying to get free. She saw Beuce transform in this time. "Man I wish I knew how to do that. It would be so helpful right now." Gwen mumbled under her breath. It was around then that she was dropped into the invisible box. Gwen first tried to walk out since there was nothing there to stop her, but it didn't work. She then tried to claw at it, again nothing. She soon realized the situation was hopeless, and with a hopeless situation come Gwens fear. She sat down as she began to hyperventilate. She was stuck, there was nothing she could do, she was completely helpless and because of that she was now having a panic attack. It happened a lot when she was feeling helpless. Between shallow quick breaths she was able to yell out at Eigo. "Let me out. Let me out! I will kill you!" Then was her saving grace... well sort of. Hunter somehow reappeared once again claiming he was the only one allowed to embarrass her and transformed to fight Eigo. This gave her a little comfort, now it was time to just sit back and wait for him to free her... hopefully. Hunter was kind of unpredictable so who knew how this would end.

[​IMG]
    Xross had entered the room and made a comment that Alisia really didn't appreciate. The next thing he knew she had waved her hand and a similar counter appeared over his head. Behind her Dane spoke of someone else with the spell, her mother. Alisia didn't know her mother could cast it, but she was young enough at the time of her death that there was a lot of things she didn't know about her mother. It was perfectly possible. He talked about her screams and Alisia let out some of her own. "Shut up! Just shut up already!" Her voice was shaky and upset. This didn't stop Dane from taking. The last thing she heard was "Well, you're right." A sharp pain coursed through her body, Alisia gasped for air right before everything faded to black.

Xander had just finished searching his second room for clues when he heard a book drop. He thought of it as nothing but figured he should check up on Alisia anyhow. Half way across the hall he heard her yell out at somebody to shut up. He didn't know if she was in trouble but from the tone in her voice the person she was talking to might have been. His casual walk turned into a run as he rushed through the open door across the hall. His eyes immediately spotted the past out girl on the floor. "Alisia!" He called out as he moved towards her, glaring at Dane. Xander drew his sword as he looked down at the girl he had been trying to protect for so long. "Back away from her and I won't have to hurt you." Xander stated in a low angry voice. If Alisia had cast doom he didn't blame anyone for knocking her out but not it was time to back off and leave him to deal with her.

19. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

[​IMG]

Ohm walked alongside his allies, keeping as alert as he could but at the same time he did his best to look inconspicuous as to not alarm anybody. He heard Freya mention that they were not alone and he immediately snapped to attention, drawing his Rune Sword and snapped his wrist so it glowed a pure white color. He turned his eyes to the shadows and narrowed his eyes with suspicion. He charged towards the shadows and raised his sword."Haaa!" He cried out, striking the ground, only to discover that he struck at nothing."Mm??"He snapped up and looked around.​

20. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    While no verbal response was given to what he said, Alisia did wave her hand at him. Since that could've been seen as her waving goodbye to him, Xross looked up to see something. Yup, there was a death clock/doom counter above his head. Was this her attempt to kill him? Despite not knowing anything about this spell, Xross doubted that it could truly kill him. He then turned his attention to the two that looked to start fighting. "My money's on the guy with the scythe."

If he actually was betting against someone, then he either would've won or gain no money due to how quickly the fight was settled. While that definitely was was a let down, Xross did notice how the doom counter had vanished after she was knocked out. A spell like that would be more effective if the caster had some kind of defense until the counter was over. Speaking of defense, the hooded guy had appeared and didn't seem quite to pleased about her being passed out on the ground. "A little late to the party aren't we?"

[​IMG]
    Things had an eerie feel to them as the group entered the castle. Odd since generally white and eerie don't go together, but this case seemed to be an exception. Freya had mentioned something about them not being along and while it was only glimpses, Zephyr could see the white creature wiggly about. They definitely weren't heartless nor unversed and they didn't seem to be the aggressors in this case. That honor went to the mute guy who went ahead and destroyed one of them. That might not have the best of reactions from the ones around them, especially since their behavior was quite unpredictable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.