Light Vs. Darkness: The Hero's Return

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

Tessa stared down at the girl that clung to Sherridan's legs. The man didn't strike her as the fatherly type....then again.....
    "You didn't mention you were a father. Why are you letting your daughter run around this place?" Tessa asked, instantly and conveniently forgetting that she could no more protect herself than a child could. Did that mean....LeNoir was her mother? Even in Tessa's mind, that didn't necessarily make sense. Were they married? Hard to say. But no harm in asking, right?

"Does that mean you two are....married?" Tessa asked, gesturing between LeNoir and Sherridan. The girl didn't necessarily look like either of them, but Tessa didn't resemble her parents either. While some might have considered that to be strange. she herself didn't think of it at all. But if they were married, then why didn't the girl know who her mother was? This was just too confusing, and Tessa felt a headache coming on, forcing herself to once more voice her thoughts.

"This is really confusing."

2. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

This was it, they released the hero. Even Ohm couldn't deny the shuddering darkness that had been released that very moment. This was a hero of darkness, not of light, why could they not see this? Oh right, senseless violence. 'Father, what would you do...?' The mute warrior intoned. As much as it sickened him to admit it, he admired Kross. He might have not been the best dad but he was vastly wise. In his own little dimension, he rose. He knew one thing his father would ever do, let this boil over. He took his sword ad pointed it skyward. Next stop, The goddess. He vanished in a flash of golden light.

3. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Sherridan looked down, an expression of confusion and surprise plastered on his face. She had his legs and he couldn't move for fear of hurting the child. But he was not her father, she was clearly mistaken. She had a wide smile on her face. He didn't want to crush her hopes and dreams, but he wasn't her father and he had to tell her. He couldn't go around pretending to be parent. He hadn't a clue about how to raise a child anyways. Nor was he married or anything.
    "What? No! I'm not her father!" Sherridan exclaimed. He looked over at LeNoir. "And she certainly isn't my wife. No offense meant to you LeNoir but I don't think you're my type." Sherridan tried to gently push Emily away and put his hands on her shoulders, looking straight into her eyes. It was unfortunate that he had to do this, but he didn't have much choice. The girl needed to find out eventually what was happening. He didn't want to have to drag her around for a while and then tell her later that he wasn't actually her dad. Better that he get this problem sorted out now and then deal with this Ray person. He seemed to be a protector of sorts but undoubtedly he would be wondering why his charge was crying. If it came down to it... He had a feeling that there was going to be some sort of trouble. Great. Just what he needed with Dane and the questionably heroic Hero hanging around.
    "Listen to me, I don't know you. I've never met you in my life. And I'm not your father. You should go find your protector, Ray was it? He'll look after you."

4. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Emily's pov:

Emily Pintal banner.png

'What? No! I'm not her father!' At first there was disappointment in her eyes Then sadness. Her heart sank not her father? No it could not be. It had to be him. The only thing that was off was how young he appeared. "It has to be you. How is it you don't remember me, Dad. It is me, Emily." She let her arms go. She let her head rest on him, he smelled like her farther just like him. "It has to be you and smell like him, act like him and even look like him." She was kidding herself now and she knew the man would be able to tell. She soon realized it was not her father this man was a bit different. "I been looking for so long for you, him." Tears became to form in her eyes. She missed her family so. "Will you help me find him?" Then began to cry. "Will I ever find him or mom. So far from home." The wind around the girl began to move faster and faster. First it was slow but began to pick up speed. "I want my family back I want someone to..." And she let out a sob. She could not speak now her emotions controlling her magic she became unaware of it. All that was there was a crying girl just standing there sobbing. She began to wonder if anything would be normal back to the way it was. If this continued there was no telling what might happen.

Ray's pov:

Ray Partrige banner.png

He knew the moment that Emily gave the man a hug that there would be problems. He knew who she saw. The resemblance of the man was uncanny. He could see why Emily saw this man as her father. Then he saw it oh no. Emily's magic. She did not realize it yet but she had more magic then she realized. It would only continue and get out of hand. He had to stop this before it did. He started walking towards Emily now. Then here reached. He gave her a hug. "I am here." The magic wind seemed to stop the moment he hugged her and she realized who was there. He looked into her eyes and she seemed happy once more. Emily was never sad so it came to a surprised to him. "I promised I would help you find them Emily and I never go back on a promise." "You will." "Yes together. Now go play" "Ok Ray" She then went not to far from them. He had to probably explain what just happened. He was unsure if he should thank the man for keeping Emily save or ask him what he told her. He went with both. "Thank you for keeping her safe. She always running off for adventure. What did you tell her to make her so upset?" He had a guess. "It was her farther?"

5. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Well things were certainly happening, LeNoir chuckled at the scene that unfolded, especially when Sherridan said "I don't think you're my type" "Oh ranger, the irony of that statement will be lost on you, you truly know so little" She laughed "Also you should never underestimate someone based on how they appear, even if they are a child" she turned to Ray "It seems there was a confusing mix-up going on involving Sherridan being your friend Emily's father and me being his wife. Which personally I wouldn't mind but I'm not sure the feeling's mutual" she winked at Sherridan "Hold up, where has the white walker gone?"

[​IMG]
    "That girl cannot compete with me at snowman building" Hycastle stated as he returned to the group "Ah, more mortals, either way we were here for a reason were we not? Should we not continue? Casimir has certainly gone in with some vigour, but perhaps he is too rash. The logical solution would be not to endanger our lives and perhaps to watch how this scene unfolds, do you agree?" He directed this at Sherridan and LeNoir. The others (Tessa and Ray) he stared at intensely "I am the Winterbringer, a being forged of the deepest and darkest cold, herald of the ice age. I care little about who you are, but tell me, what can you do?"

6. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Tessa was unsure what to do. Several people had come upon the group at once, LeNoir wanted to be with Sherridan but Sherridan didn't feel the same, and this strange...person was staring at her. She shivered, a completely instinctive response as she let her waves of perception wash around the area, in case anyone else wanted to find the group. The little girl was nearby, the least threatening of anyone here.

"Tell me, what can you do?" What could she do? For the first time in her life, Tessa felt her confidence disappear completely. She couldn't do anything. She couldn't help these people. She couldn't even find the Hero himself, or dissuade him from a dark path. She couldn't keep her parents from leaving her. She could do nothing. Wrapping her arms around her waist, she bit her lip against the ache that seemed to grow in her chest as she struggled to find an answer. "I'm Tessa." She finally whispered, staring at the ground as the cold presence surrounded her. She quickly put up the mental walls, keeping herself from sensing anything more. With a single sentence he had already managed to shatter what Sherridan had cracked. She wasn't sure she wanted to know what he could do if he wanted to hurt her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.