Light Novels licensed for English release: Index & Another

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Jin, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Jin うごかないで

Recently both Index and Another got licensed for english releases and they will be coming this fall I'm happy about this because for one you rarely do see Light novels ever get lisenced but as the fandom has increased for the original light novels to spread, dengeki bunko and other bunko companies have complied with our wishes to have them over, though it's a wonder to me how Index never got a release outside of japan for it's light novel, being that it's the best selling of the decade. In any case I can't wait to buy Index this november.

Index - release date; November 18th 2014

Another - Sometime in october

here's a link to it.

http://www.yenpress.com/2014/04/sakura-con-2014-announcements-new-licenses/

Any thoughts?

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I've heard A Certain Magical Index is really good, and Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? sounds pretty hilarious, so I might wind up checking these out~ :3

3. Jin うごかないで

I can't say much on the 2nd light novel because this is my first time hearing of the title xD

Index I've followed as one of my first major Anime's back in 2008 but did not figure out it was a Light novel until 2011 Index and SAO were the main series' that introduced me to LN's and even though they can be a pain to read at times they're still amazing, I'm happy that they got licensed for english releases the only down side to them will be that after a certain amount of time the people who majorly translate the novels will have to stop translating them so I'm not sure how it will affect the sequel to Index which is called A certain magical index: New testament (which will be amazing when/if they ever animate this)

Though I'd recommend going through the anime because the anime followed everything in the light novel perfectly (yes I did go back and read through the volumes ) The Anime ends at volume 14 of the light novel for index though they might be making season 3 as they have a announcement for july on Index.

4. Antidote Façade

Omg yas! I'm a huge fan of the Index series and the anime version of Another is one of my favourites. Will definitely be getting both. I heard there's gonna be a sequel light novel for Another so that's pretty cool too.

*R A N T* On the subject of Index, I find it ridiculous that the animes haven't been released in the UK. There was an interview with Kaze and they said there would be "difficulty" but didn't say why. I want to buy them. >:/

5. Jin うごかないで

By Anime's what do you mean? do you mean dubbed? or as in airing o.o

also: SAO volume 2 Aincrad and Volume 3 Fairy dance will be released world wide, Volume 2 releasing sometime during september and volume 3 in december (I'm sorta angry that they're not doing it faster because once they get licensed for english bakatsuki have to stop translating future volumes)

6. Antidote Façade

I mean like UK anime companies (Kaze in this instance) releasing them on B/DVD lol. I know the series has been dubbed and released in NA so I don't get why they can't do that here.

7. Jin うごかないで

We sometimes get left out mostly I guess because certain Anime's they think might not sell well enough in the UK

8. Antidote Façade

True. We usually miss out on all the best looking anime as well. But with Index, it sounded like it was more legal matters to me;

Source

It was also Manga Entertainment and not Kaze. Oop!

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO