Square-Enix Life is Strange

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Aug 11, 2014.

1. libregkd -

2. burnitup Still the Best 1973

3. cstar stay away from my waifu

new chapter came out today, and so far it's probably my favorite

4. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Episode 3 is my favourite too.

[​IMG]

I've been wondering this as well and I think it may be possible
    Though, that's just a theory. It could be anything what with all this Chaos Theory stuff going on. I'm hoping it'll all be explained in the next episode but it kills having to wait two months to find out!

With Chloe, And that foreshadowing!

I just feel like so much happened in this Episode despite it being relatively tame compared to the previous two. A lot of , and finding out about And what about

OR PERHAPS I'M OVER-THINKING IT!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Is that more foreshadowing to the right of Chloe? ;D

Towards the end when

P.S

P.S.S

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  5. libregkd -

6. cstar stay away from my waifu

There's another thing I'm looking at in hindsight

7. libregkd -

8. cstar stay away from my waifu

9. libregkd -

10. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

11. libregkd -

12. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I really loved this episode. I think it was a cute moment when Max attempted to kiss Chloe.

Now about the Handicapped Fund, I do not really think it is a fund for the handicapped, or fund for anything for the matter. I think it is dirty money from the Prescotts since they pay the principal for removing Nathan's bad records. I honestly felt very vonflicted about it. On one side, it would get Frank off Max and Chloe's butts and have some money left to spare. But on the other, it can be used as evidence against the Prescotts.

I put all of the blame on Nathan, and he is completely Psycho now.

I sided with David for some reason, probably because I do not want Chloe's family to break apart even further.

I did not know that you can steal the gun that Frank took back, but at least I did not hurt his dog.

Am I honestly thinking that Mr. jefferson is innocent around here? Sure, he met with Victoria late at night but he acted like he was disgusted by Victoria's suggestions. So I don't think he is into younger women.

And if there is a choice to pick between the two universes, I will be very conflicted. On one side, I want Chloe to be happy that at least she has her father back, even though she is a paraphlagic. On the other hand, Max oesnot belong in the new universe and she should return to the universe that she knows better.

Also, I managed to save Lisa by watering her on episode 1, but not on episode 2. yay.

13. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Kitty pretty much covered everything I was going to say. That ending, man. That ending. ಥ_ಥ

14. Misty gimme kiss

I'm actually not very taken with the ending to Episode 3.

I think most will agree that we'll be

I am getting worried about my relationship with Warren, though. I don't like him and Max together but I've been quite generous towards him because I think he is fairly well-intentioned. I'm hoping there will still be a "hey I was just trying to be a nice friend" opt out moment. I'm a bit conflicted over Max and Chloe getting together but I will still probably pursue it.

15. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

I just finished Episode 2 and 3 in the same night. I was really hooked. I honestly think Episode 3 was full of filler, and it's the worst episode so far. The ending as well is underwhelming. It was predictable.
    The alternate universe storyline has been done over and over again.
    While playing it, I really didn't like Chloe at all. Chloe's so selfish and acts like a rebel just for the hell of it. I don't buy the friendship between Max and Chloe either. It just feels really forced, and I wished that they focused on other characters rather than her. Her character might be explained more in Episodes 4 and 5, but right now, I'm not a fan of Chloe.

Overall though, Life Is Strange is great! The voice acting is spot on, the characters are three dimensional, and rewinding time is really interesting. I can't wait for Episodes 4 and 5.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  16. libregkd -

17. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

.... Shut up, just shut up....

I guess libregkd was right after all. Rachel dead, Chloe killed by Jefferson, Nathan knew about the storm, and that first choice... Man, Dontnod were not kidding when they said that Episode 4 is going to be their most ambitious one ever. I just cannot wait for the final episode, I want Jefferson to suffer for hurting my poor Chloe! D:

18. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I knew there was more to him but I honestly didn't think Jefferson was the killer. I suppose in hindsight it makes sense since most of the evidence was shoved in Nathan's direction, and he was one of the three options in the office to blame. But there was very little interaction with him that you couldn't say for sure it was him.

Man, this episode was messed up. It was nice seeing Chloe not so angry all the time but when she asked you to make that first choice, damn I dropped the controller, grabbed my head and was like, 'wut? Seriously? YOU'RE MAKING ME CHOOSE?!'. It took me a good few minutes to decide. I'm not even sure how this choice affects the game given it's in an alternate reality and Max went back to fix her mistake. Unless she tells Chloe about it? But I doubt that.

AND THAT ENDING! Perhaps not the fact that it's Jefferson, but Max getting drugged, unable to rewind and used for creepy fetish 'art'. Whether or not she'll be able to able to rewind before that happens we'll have to wait and see, but if she can't rewind until afterwards, damn that won't be something she could forget. My thinking is Max will use her ability to 'jump' back to a picture's moment in time to alter events, perhaps the Blue Butterfly's photo and the photo she took with Warren.

Gah, there's so much I want talk about but my head's all a jumble taking this in. Gonna have to go another round lol.

19. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Feel free to delete this or whatever as I have nothing really to add other than a poor puddle of words to try and describe my emotions after that episode.

My heart broke when they found Rachel. I mean, yeah, I had the feeling someone had killed her but there was a tiny part of me that felt/thought 'What if?'
    When I got to the ending, oh my days. I yelled at the reveal. As Kitty said, not much screen-time was given to Mr. Jefferson but damn. Is there the possibility that Jefferson was the mastermind, if you will, behind the drugging/photos of the victims or whatever and using Nathan as a way to lure them in? I dunno.

Now the title screen/main menu is just a storm. This is fine. :)

20. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Aye, at this point it felt kinda obvious Rachel was dead but it was still sad having it confirmed, and in a place so close to Chloe. Still managed to kick you in the feels.

I think it's pretty much confirmed that Jefferson is the kidnapper/killer/Freaky photographer mastermind. In episode 2, if I remember right, Kate mentions someone talking to her in a calm voice while being drugged in the white room (Which has now been confirmed as the Dark room lol), and in the same episode we get a glimpse into Jefferson's art style, which is fairly dark. Then everything at the end of episode 4. I figure it was Jefferson who texted Chloe with Nathan's phone, who may or not be dead. The end makes it look like the town was destroyed by the tornado, so unless he's in the Dark Room he's dead anyway. But Jefferson makes it clear he's not afraid to kill folk.

What I'm still trying to figure out is a whole lot of whys. Why is Jefferson doing this? (Besides being a sick psycho) Why is Nathan working with him? Does Nathan's dad know? Did David suspect Jefferson? Why didn't we listen when David warned up not to trust men with goatees? There's more but I've forgotten lol.