Square-Enix Life is Strange

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Aug 11, 2014.

1. libregkd -

2. Plums Wakanda Forever

I haven't beaten Remember Me yet, but I'm having a pretty good time with it and you can consider my interest piqued in this one. The episodic route is pretty interesting; I'm guessing after all the chapters are out they'll probably do a compilation or something like that, so I'll probably wait until then to pick it up. Though I'm glad and pretty excited that Square is doing a new IP for consoles, especially with the help of the Remember Me team.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I like the idea of it and all, but doing it as episodic content like Walking Dead? I'm too much a fan of that at all. I just am not a fan of the idea of putting games out when they're not 100% completed and finished. I mean, yes, this can give a lot of different ways to the game, but I just would like to play it like that without having to wait for new content each time

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Uhhhh... Hm. Okay Squeenix, I'll bite. One more game to fill out my new-gen library if nothing else

5. Misty gimme kiss

I'm actually quite excited / interested in this! I have yet to play Remember Me (not out of a lack of interest -- it caught my eye with early trailers and such but its mediocre reception put me off a bit), but the look of this game already has me pulled in. The light especially looks really impressive. The concept is intriguing and I'm of course drawn to it for having female main characters. I've never played an episodic game but I suppose there will be a first time for everything.

6. Antidote Façade

This seems interesting. Never played Remember Me, but if we're talking about games that are different, I enjoyed Murdered. Definitely digging the art style. I like the aspect of being able to rewind time- I just hope that the whole "each chapter evolves based on choices you made in the previous ones" actually has some decent merit to it. I've played so many games that present the multiple choice/affected outcome scenario and they have ended up being so minor and ultimately still sway you in some form of a linear direction that the game wants you to go in.

7. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I like Remember Me. Not the best game, not the worst game, but it is a decent game. Blew its load a bit early (WHY CAN NO ONE TOP KID CHRISTMAS) and the finale made no sense, but the combat was very interesting and the ways you could interact with the environment were cool. To talk more on the combat, I like how every hit in your combo was able to be customized and have a different effect like restoring mana or health or break their guard. The production values were also THROUGH THE ROOF in this game MY GOD. At least, in the beginning.

I look forward to seeing how a Squeenix budget can improve their production values. Unfortunately, I also pray this isn't going to be a repeat incident of Grin.

RIP Grin

It's pretty average. Average isn't bad, it's average. There's a SNES game I like called "Skyblazer," it's recently gained popularity due to the LP community. It's average. It's lesser than every action platformer you will immediately think of from back then (Mega Man X, Castlevania IV). It's average, lots of people tried to make that type of game because of the other big names doing well at it and selling them well. SkyBlazer is very, very fun and a good time I'd recommend to a lot of people. It's average, it even has some lame spriteing, but it's a fun time. You can have fun with average.

8. libregkd -

9. libregkd -

10. libregkd -

11. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

12. libregkd -

13. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Just finished episode 2. I think I spent 15 minutes deciding what to do with that last choice. None of them felt right. Also I seemed to have picked the choice only 7% of people did!

Overall I enjoyed it just as much as the first one, I like the direction it's going.

14. libregkd -

15. Darkandroid Gets it Together

16. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

The final segment/section of Episode 2 really struck a chord for me.

17. Misty gimme kiss

I had similar reasons for and I can see why you would pick . I have serious anxiety about , I feel like I'm just repeatedly prodding a hornet's nest with the guy. I in Episode 1 and I can't imagine will make him suddenly warm up to me.
    I know! I discovered this around Episode 1. I imagine most know her from Borderlands, but she was also Breezy in Adventure Time.
    It was ROUGH. like woah.

Yes! I already found him kind of suspect in Episode 1 just because of his, like, general vibe, but Episode 2 has really expounded that. It was and I definitely think there's a connection to Rachel there. He was also . There's also those teasers at the end of the guy

I really hope that doesn't have to die or that anyone has to die. After the end of Episode 2, we know Dontnod isn't messing around, and I imagine that really everyone is in some kind of danger. I'm sure there will be choices that lead to major characters dying, but I hope also that they can be saved lol. That's mostly for my own, emotional protection, though... I also think there's something to be said for an event like a character death wherein no matter what you do, what choices you have made, or how you remind, they will always die.

18. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

I was able to during my first playthrough. Though there was foreshadowing about her (If you look at her notebook - etc), this episode was still, as you said, rough. The I made during that sequence just flowed together and made it extra emotional for me. I looked at other people's choices during LPs and I'm glad I choose the options I did..Some of Max's dialogue sounded - idk, awkward? jaded? It didn't really fit in that well imo. I'm really diggin' the music that's been featured in this game so far, too!

As for Mr. Jefferson liking to take pictures, have you noticed his choice in models? Samuel mentioned that . David is going to go against his archetype, I think. Maybe. It would just seem a little too obvious if David did have something to do with the disappearance of Rachel.

I'd also like to mention how creepy I think Warren is. Please tell me somebody else noticed at the start of Episode 2,

19. Misty gimme kiss

Yeah, a lot of the choices came naturally to me -- though I admit to looking up the answer to the last choice, the question about her family. I ended up choosing my first instinct choice (and learned that even if I answered wrongly, my previous answers would ). But I was really pleased at how realistically the scene was portrayed, at least the way I played it (none of Max's dialogue sounded weird to me, I haven't watched any others play it though).
    Same! The original stuff has been great, but I'm also a sucker for an ambient soundtrack. Some of their choices I haven't loved (there's one guy they've used a lot of songs by that I don't really dig, dunno who it is), but Episode 2 also had my favorite Alt-J song which I was very excited about.
    I did! In Episode 1, just everything about Jefferson seemed creepy to me. I mean, Max's crush on him aside (I hate the whole "high schooler in love with hot young teacher" thing), he was just so... familiar with his students, and then his photo and just. idk. Jefferson .
    I agree, I don't think David had anything to do with it. I definitely don't like David, but I don't think he had any reason to go after Rachel, aside perhaps from her friendship with Chloe, but from what we know of Rachel I imagine David would have seen her as a positive influence on Chloe.
    I didn't notice that when I played through and I've been nice to Warren at basically every opportunity -- I'm not into him and Max but I still wanted to let him down nicely and be a good friend and everything. But holy **** after seeing the window thing I am very troubled by Warren.

20. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!