Legends of Tyrrus

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Relatively Sane, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    The man pulled a dusty old sheet off a large dining table and shook it out. Coughing, the woman stepped back and attempted with futility to wave away the dust.
    “Come on then Shyra, help me out, no good if guests arrive when we're unprepared!” the man chuckled at seemingly nothing “We don't want to be caught several forks short of a cutlery drawer!”
    “Sanderson, I can't tell if you're being serious or if that's another metaphor” the woman called Shyra retorted. The man harrumphed enigmatically. As he stood back he could be seen properly, he was a thickly built man with quite a tall frame, if he were anyone else he would perhaps be considered imposing, but nobody has ever thought Sanderson Bracklewood looked imposing. This was simply because of his constant expression of geniality and kindness. The man had nicely combed brown hair and striking yet soft blue eyes, he was dressed in a stylish long brown jacket and waistcoat, an air of nobility exuded from him but also an almost fatherly presence, his smile seemed to suggest that you were safe around him, and he would like you no matter who you were. “Nevertheless dear sister, it's about time we got this old place in some kind of order” he stated with determination, lighting candles around the room “In the morrow I'm expecting a lot of new blood”
    “That confident are you?” although Shyra Bracklewood looked very similar to her brother, they could not be more different, Shyra was a rational and overly cynical woman. She had the same blue eyes as Sanderson, but seemed to look upon the with judgement and criticism. “I don't look forward to teaching amateur mages how to do basic things”
    “Oh don't be so pessimistic, I think it'll be quite fun, I'll finally be able to make some use of the shooting range out back, and that chap Aston will teach them about weaponry” Sanderson wiped down a counter
    “I don't like him very much, too reckless” Shyra stated disdainfully
    “I'm certain you've said those exact words about me” Sanderson chuckled again “You'll grow to like him, he seems a friendly chap. Ah there we are” Sanderson stepped back to admire his handiwork “Doesn't it seem just like the old days? Just like home”
    “You mean before our family went bankrupt and had to leave this manor? I am sure this plan isn't profitable, your fortune can't last forever”
    “But what's the use of a fortune if you can't spend it?” Sanderson opened the heavy mahogany doors at the front of the manor and stepped out into the night “The Adventurer's Society is officially open!”
    "Really? This late in the evening?"
    "The Adventurer's Society is officially open! tomorrow"

The next morning Sanderson Bracklewood stood at the manor entrance eagerly awaiting all who wished to come, with him were his sister Shyra and their new friend Aston Venger. Sanderson beamed out at the beautiful city. Today was going to be a good day.

(This is where your characters come in)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  2. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    The man stopped, standing to the side of the cobblestone road as he removed his helmet, sighing with relief as the fresh air hit his face. While a helmet was good cover, and kept him from being recognized if things went terribly wrong, it was also stuffy, and hot. Sweat trickled down the side of his face as he considered the building in front of him. It looked...prestigious. Perhaps it was the type of place where he could regain his honor, or at least win back some part of his family's heart. His welcome home hadn't exactly been the warm reception he had dreamed of since he was younger, but then again he had known those were probably just dreams. Still, his mother had given him a small ray of hope that he might yet be forgiven, and welcomed back with open if not wary arms.

Taking one last breath of fresh air, Bryce shoved the helmet back onto his head, careful to avoid smacking his ears with the plate metal, before reaching back to make sure his axe was still strapped to his back. Indeed it was, as if he could forget the weight of it. He liked to think he could, anyway. He stepped forward towards the manor, filled with trepidation and hope. Maybe this was the new beginning he needed.

[​IMG]
    Kara watched from the shadows, one hand stroking one of the curved blades in her possession. The other was safely tucked away in her belt. She was reminded yet again that she really should acquire some scabbards for them, or cloth protectors, or something. If nothing else it would keep her from stabbing herself in her sleep. Or some innocent when she was running down the street. She watched a rather large man stopped, admiring the building. She supposed that people of all walks of life would be attracted to an Adventurer's Guild. Did that mean it was her place to go? No, of course not. She had made a point out of not being part of the herd throughout most of her adulthood.

Point made and remembered, she watched as the largish man walked inside, into the unknown. She however, was fine right here, in the known. She leaned against the cool brick wall, one hand gently tracing the smooth metal of her weapon, as she watched and waited.

3. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Aston Venger stood next to Sanderson, hands resting on the two swords at his hips. He had gotten up early to meet with them. The look on his face was one of joy and he could only smile at his friend's enthusiasm. Aston couldn't deny excitement either truth be told. He was looking forward to this. What he had said while they were talking about it made it sound fantastic and he couldn't wait to lead people out there. Of course, he wasn't the best explorer in the universe but that didn't matter in the slightest. What he had was attitude! And that was what he was hired for! However, he couldn't deny that it was a bit chilly out here and his clothes were not really built for warmth. He felt a chill.
    "Say, Sanderson? Do we have to stand outside. It's a little cold this morning." He said, half jokingly. Yes, it was cold, but he wasn't going to be pushy about it. Besides, if he tried to push the issue it felt like he would have rained on the man's parade and that would be just like kicking a puppy - Not nice. And so, Aston stood there, consigned to the fact that he was going to be waiting out here on this chilly morning waiting for people. He saw a couple of people approaching, a man and a woman behind him. And then, another man approaching. He looked like he had come straight out of some sort of bush, so he was probably here for them. This closest one was dressed it plate armour. He whistled. That was pricey.
    "Good morning friend! Welcome to the Adventurer's Society!" He said with an enthusiasm to try and match Sanderson's. "Greetings to you too m'lady!"

[​IMG]

Aedan had finally made it to Varewyn. After several days of trekking across roads and one day through the woods and across fields, because he had managed to lose sight of the road when he went into the forest to find some particularly tasty herbs for food the previous evening, he had arrived at the big city. And it was like nothing he had seen before. He had heard about cities, but had never felt like leaving his home in the woods. Now that he had, he was disappointed that he hadn't before. It was amazing! There were huge buildings, none like the wooden shacks at home! He was quite happy with living in a wooden shack of course, but the architecture (at least, that was the word that he was told about) was amazing here. The things that humanity did with its materials. He could understand why they were so fervent on destroying nature now. They could make wonderful things like this. These thoughts and more crossed his mind as the strange man ambled aimlessly towards the Bracklewood manor. There were two men and a woman standing at the front of the manor that he could see as he approached down the road. The man with two swords seemed to be greeting them. As he got closer, his staff clunking on the stones of the road, he raised his free hand in a gesture of greeting to the three.
    "Hail fellows!" Aedan called as he got closer.

4. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Alice's pov:

Alice banner.png

~few months ago, she was out in the nearby woods. She stood by a winding river that leads to the town she lived in. She was out later then she should be when a wolf leaped out to attack her, then something unexpected happened and the water shot out and knocked the wolf back. She was so frightened by this she rushed home and talked to her mother about this. Her mother then told her a story about magic and that she had some. The next day she left the town to explore the world. not sure what to do. Her life was always so full of someone always watching her telling her what to do, to stay away from water, of course she never did. She knew could understand why her mother water her to stay away from it. Water was always so inviting and welcoming to her. She knew nothing about the outside world, the next few days she explored the near by towns. She spent most of her time away from everything else. She learned, a lot as the weeks went by. She listened to people talk and there was so much out there that was kept from her. In Woodholme it was all about the trees and water, out here it was something else entirely. As the weeks went by she had felt like she had gained enough information that she could get by. She still did not know anything about magic and that would be her first step on her adventure road. She guessed that she would just have to keep on learning as the days went on.
    ~yesterday, she came across some people talking about Varewyn. It was a not far away from where she was now so she figure she would be there in the morning. Shortly after that she found a note Greetings (warrior/mage/ranger/whoever you are), you are cordially invited to the Adventurer's Society! We are a select group of talented combatants dedicated to finding the secrets of the world and exploring the lands beyond the mountains. We are based in the old Bracklewood Manor in Varewyn, if interested please come along! This conformed what she should do and that was head there. The next day she had made it to Bracklewood Manor. There were lot of people around it, so she decided to do what she always does and that was watch and learn. She then head something, but the others did not seem to notice. She looked off into the direction then back to the group.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  5. Aelin Best Waifu

"Again!" Garson demanded as he watched the girl attack a target in the courtyard of his estate with magic. "You are doing good but your form is sloppy. Do it again!" He ordered.
    The young girl did her best, concentrating her magic the best she could. She attacked again. "Was it better that time?" She asked in a quiet, shy tone.
    "Yes much better, do it again though. We don't get to practice much anymore so we have to do what we can in the time we have." Garson ordered her. The man stood tall, hands behind his back. He paced back and forth as he watched the girl practice. The girl he was training doubled as his servant. He had picked her up off the streets many years ago, drawn by her interesting magic, ever since he had been training her. She made an interesting investment as he saw it, something that he wanted to see how it would turn out.
    "Excuse me sir, but there is a note for the lady." A well dressed man said as he carried it to the courtyard.
    "Thank you." Garson took the note and waved the man away, reading it before the girl had a chance to. He always double checked the notes going in and out of his estate just in case. "Anthea, here." The man ordered the girl.
    Anthea obeyed right away and stopped what she was doing to go to her master. She stood in front of him and bowed slightly. "Yes, sir?" She said in a curious tone.
    "It seems like your assistance is requested. There is some sort of expedition that your assistance is requested for. I assume it is because of your talents with magic. Normally I wouldn't give you the okay to do this, but well an old friend's son is helping with it. I owe his father a lot, if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be where I am today. For that reason I am sending you to go help with this expedition. However there is a few things you need to remember. First is this, you are still my property, through and after this. Once it is over you are to return here. If you find anything you are allowed to keep bring it to me, I will judge if you keep it or if it belongs to me. I will compensate somewhat for anything that you bring me." The man told her. "Second you are to listen to Sir Venger and any one else leading this. They are your leaders on this since I won't be there. And third, do not go off on your own. I do not want you wandering off and getting hurt or lost." He instructed.
    "Yes sir." Anthea responded without much else to say.
    "You are allowed to take whatever you want with you from your room, but remember, you will most likely be traveling around, so pack light. I will send for the coach, it will be around in ten minutes to pick you up."
    "Yes sir." Anthea responded again, this time to be met with a reassuring hand on her shoulder.
    "Be safe Anthy. I don't want anything happening to you. You should know I see you as more than a servant girl or a business investment, though you are both as well. You are a good kind soul and you are special. If you got hurt or didn't come back I don't know what I would do. So please be safe." Garson said with a warm smile as he sent the girl off on her way to pack then off to her coach.

The ride to the manor was filled with anxiety. It had been a long time since Anthea had really done anything on her own. She had mostly stuck around Garson's manner, serving and training there. That was all her life consisted of until this point. She didn't know what to expect from what she had been sent to do. She was just a servant girl, nothing more. What could be expected of her? With trembling hands she climbed out of the coach, looking up the long driveway towards the house that she had been told was her destination. The girl held a small bag with a change of clothes in it as she walked up the driveway.

As she approached the door Anthea noticed the people standing in front of it. Stepping up in front of them, Anthea set her bag on the ground to allow her to bow properly to those in front of her.
    "Greetings. My master Sir Garson Winterburge, has sent me to aid in this objective you have. I brought the letter too if you need to see that." Anthea offered up to the people in front of her. The entire time she kept her head low and eyes averted, just like she had always been taught. She might have been a mage, but at this point she seemed not much like a mage but just a servant girl who stumbled into the wrong place.

[​IMG]
    Laurentinus looked down at the note once again, wondering why he was doing this. The man decided that he would leave his post at the guard for the time being in order to join this "adventurer's society" however he wondered why at times. When it came down to it he wanted to know if the reason his father never came back was because he was outside the mountains, but more than that, he wanted to know if more power lay beyond. He needed more power so he could protect people. No one else would be taken away from him. He had promised himself this long ago. He was willing to do whatever it took to become strong.

The man approached the manor to see a nervous seeming girl standing in front of the people offering up a note. Laurentinus rolled his eyes at her, pathetic. He then looked over at another recently arrived man who seemed to be covered in vines.
    "And just what are you supposed to be?" The rather moody seeming individual asked Aedan. He ended up paying very little attention to those who invited him in the end, he was too busy watching everyone else arriving.

Ooc. I will have proper banners when I have time to make them. This is just place holders to keep me from going insane.

6. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Baldomar Ererim

It had once more been a pain to get into the city, he hated the places for it, he hated way too many people in one spot like that and all their stupid little rules about what you could and couldn't do, he would generally end up in prison for existing or some other nonsense reason. He walked through the city, dragging his warhammer across the stones of the streets, making a rather annoying scraping sound, though he didn't mind it too much. He was supposed to get to some manor, if there was going to be some stuck-up twat going to try and educate him he'd be gone in record time. He already knew what he had to do then again the problem had been that fool of a greenbeard, he was the only one in town to actually get something done and the old maniac feeds him those blasted mushrooms? Oh well, I hope they all enjoyed the several dozens of fire ant colonies in their midst now. He looked at the manor and was severly underwhelmed. "
    Ugh... city folk and their houses..." He sighed and walked over hammer still grinding on the stones as he went along. Pushing past some fancy looking twat(looking at you Laurentinus) who was asking who a fellow man of the wildernis was supposed to be. Wasn't it obvious? What good were these fancy schools he heard about if they didn't teach you the obvious things. This was going to be such a pain, wasn't it?

7. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

Sanderson Bracklewood:

"Cold? You ought to spend a night in the Northlands, then talk to me about cold!"
    Sanderson chuckled in a friendly manner. Soon enough people began to crowd around the manor, firstly was a heavily armoured fellow soon followed by a woman carrying blades. Before he could even greet the pair though he was hailed by a walking bush. Soon after another girl arrived and remained at the back, but they were then greeted by a woman who claimed to have been instructed to arrive. Sanderson turned to Aston again "Have you heard of a Sir Garson Winterburge?" he asked the man. A moody young fellow arrived in armour and didn't seem to pay much attention to the leaders. After this another walking bush approached the manor, this one dragging a warhammer. Sanderson was honoured to have so many wilderness dwellers at the city, he knew how difficult it was to get them into the city. Sanderson stepped forward and greeted the whole crowd "Greetings! I am Sir Sanderson Bracklewood, but you can just call me Sanderson. This is my sister Shyra Bracklewood, and our friend Aston Venger. We are the leaders of the newly founded Adventurer's Society" He grinned at the crowd "If you are here to join, please come in!" Sanderson stepped out of the way of the entrance and gestured.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  8. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Kevin's pov:

kevin Stilt banner.png

~A few weeks ago, it has been a few years since he had come to the militarily in Whytehold. A few years back he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was apart of a group of assassins, the Assassin's gang. One day he was out on a job in Whytehold with the members of the group. This one was more simple then the rest all they had to do was get some money or that was what he was told. Things are not always that way. The alarm sounded and one member of the group knocked him down. He was surround by dead bodies the assassin killed. He soon found himself surround by the militarily. That was years ago when he was 15, he now was 21. He joined the militarily to stop the assassins. The other reason was the militarily showed him something the assassins never did and that was to care for something other then money. They had took him in and he joined, to pay them back. Militarily training was, by far harder than anything he did before. They had to go in snow and water and everything under the sun. Being in the militarily he was able to travel quite a bit, the places he could tell stories about. He was always trying to get better training was something the militarily had given him.
    ~today, he was up before the sun was up. He was training like he always did. He was doing all sorts of things, when someone came up to him. "Sur?" 'A letter came this morning Kevin, I think it is for you.' He was out in the middle of Westclffe. What person would send him a letter much less know where he was? "This must be a mistake." He took the letter and read it. "Varewyn quite a interesting spot." 'You may go Kevin, but remember what the militarily has done for you.' With that he got ready to do and headed off to Varewyn. He gotten there quite early and watched person after person come. he was quite hidden and no one seemed to notice him, that was until a girl with black hair looked his way. He did not think she saw him, but who was to say. Sanderson Bracklewood then said for them to come in. He guessed that he should come out of the shadows now. He walked out into the light up to Bracklewood. "Sur Bracklewood it is nice to finally meet you." Being in the militarily had its information. He then walked into the building.

9. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

As he was walking up, a rather rude fellow spoke to him. The druid turned around to look at him quizzically, and saw the man was wearing a fine set of metal armour. He raised an eyebrow. It was very, very impressive. It would be hard to hurt a man wearing armour like that for certain! But, it did look rather heavy. he decidad that he did not want to wear that. It was far too heavy and cramped, and probably got quite hot. As for his question...
    "I am an explorer. There is no need to be so rude about it." He replied peacefully, trying to avoid starting a conflict with the heavily armoured man. Honestly, he thought that more people would be polite. Apparently not everyone was taught manners as a child like he was. Aedan sighed. The standards of his people couldn't be expected to apply to others. His acute hearing then detected the most annoying noise he had heard to date. Someone was dragging something heavy and metal across the stone road and it was very, very irritating. It was worse than the high pitched squeaking of certain rodents. He looked to see who was responsible, and saw a man who looked like he was in a bad mood dragging a hammer along. He decided not to open that satchel of worms and instead went to the manor, where he was (thankfully) politely welcomed. "Why thank you, Misters Bracklewood and Venger, Missus Bracklewood." Aedan bowed his head respectfully to each before entering the mansion.

[​IMG]

"Heh, you're right. I suppose I'd best get used to it. After all, I'm meant to be helping you lead this society." When he said that, he stood a little taller and straightened his outfit. He was actually quite proud that he had been asked to help lead this group. It was a brilliant opportunity. Sanderson had the financial capability to make the exploring that he was looking for possible and he got to play a major part in it. He couldn't help but feel at least some excitement. A young lady then stepped up, introducing herself as a servant of Sir Garson Winterburge. He recognised the name. A friend of his father's, they had visited each other's estates several times for dinner, but he could scarcely recall this girl. Then again, she was reportedly a servant, but she was a special one. Presumably. Sanderson leaned in an asked about Garson and Aston nodded. "Yes, Sir Winterburge is a friend of my father. It seems that he's showing some support for the Adventurer's Society. If you don't mind my asking, how long have you been with the Winterburges? I've been to the estate several times, though I'm sorry to say I don't remember you."

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  10. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Bryce didn't feel inclined to say anything, as no comment in particular was directed towards him. He did however, nod politely after the invitation to enter was extended towards all of them, and began to walk up the steps. He could have removed his helmet, and participated in conversation yes, but that would require a desire to socialize, which felt nonexistent at this point in time. Nevertheless, he knew he would have to talk to someone at some point, and he prepared himself for that dreaded moment.

He wasn't looking for friends here. He was looking for a chance to redeem himself in the eyes of his family. Friends were low on his list of priorities. As he passed by the doors, nodding towards the two who had identified themselves as family and leaders, he turned his gaze forward. Towards the future, he hoped.

[​IMG]
    Kara remained in the shadows. So, they were all there for the sole purpose of adventuring. What exactly was adventuring, anyway? All that came to her mind was the old guard in the square who always complained about fighting bears and giant cats until he got shot in the knee with an arrow. While Kara had to admit that the injury sounded painful, she also had to admit that fighting bears and searching for treasure didn't exactly seem like the type of higher calling she was looking for in life. It ranked a little above getting married and having children, but not much farther above.

Maybe, after everyone else went in, she would sneak inside. Maybe there was something cool to steal. Or a good story to hear. Hell, maybe she would do it just to sate her curiosity. Maybe.

11. Aelin Best Waifu

Anthea shifted her weight uncomfortably from one foot to the other as she stood there listening to the people discussing who her master was. She wasn't aware that these other people didn't know, but the one man did. The one must have been the son of a friend that Sir Garson spoke of, the reason why he was willing to send her here. Anthea kept quiet and to herself, until she was addressed once again. It was bad manners to speak when she wasn't spoken too after all.

The young woman stole a glance up at one of the man when he began talking to her. After she saw his face, her eyes returned to the ground before she started to speak.
    "I have served Sir Garson for eight years now. I don't expect you to remember me though, I am just a servant girl, my job is to be unnoticeable." Anthea's voice was soft and sweet, it carried an undertone of shyness to it. The girl had the mannerisms of a servant, something that would not be ideal for an adventure, but also something she would find incredibly difficult to break, after all, she knew little else of how she was supposed to act.

"Your the first adventurer I have seen that looks like that. Excuse me for it being a bit off putting. I see plenty of characters in my line of work... a lot of which find themselves arrested, yet I have never seen anyone like you." Laurentinus commented to Aedan. Even how calm this man was, was off putting to Laurentinus, he had met few that calm. Either way, he wouldn't let it get to him, instead moving on inside.

After a moment Laurentinus couldn't help but get annoyed with the sound of the hammer scrapping with every step.
    "Can I help you with that before it makes all of our ears bleed. I am sure Mr. and Ms. Bracklewood appreciate the sound as little as I do, and they are our gracious hosts. We should me respectful and not drag a hunk of metal everywhere." He suggested with a scowl on his face. He needed to do something about the noise already, and he had to do something fast before he lost his normally uncaring demeanor.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  12. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]
    Panola was running down the streets, taking a look at every shop, every house not used to feeling her feet on cobble streets. People gave her strange looks as she flew by, and so she decided to jump from rooftop to rooftop with swiftness and grace. She tried to figure out where she was going, but decided that whatever her destiny was she would be taken there. She found the Bracklewood manor, and jumped down from where she was. She didn't see anyone outside the doors. She wondered if she should knock or come right in. She opened the door a crack to peek inside. She had heard of these people but had never seen them up close. She couldn't believe her eyes as everyone came in different shapes and sizes. She stood by the door, unable to decide yet whether she should go in, but she felt like she was eavesdropping.

13. Skyheart Joker

[​IMG]
    With a look of awe and joy on her face, Iris walked down the streets of Varewyn, taking in all of the sights that she saw to be around. It had been quite the arduous journey, one filled with many completely unremarkable stories to get from her home city of Thassalus. Though the journey was long, it too was over as she had made it here. Or rather, one could say it was truly starting to begin. As she continued to stroll along the street, she admired everything about just what she was seeing. How a similar river city, within close proximity of her own, could be so vastly different and full of such interesting characters. Granted, these sights and unfamiliarity lead to a slight problem of getting a bit lost and turned around and not really knowing where anything at all was, and so she ended up spending far more time wandering than she actually did trying to go to the place of interest. But at last, her face lit up as her eyes finally came to see the glorious site that was the Bracklewood Manor. And given the rather large gathering outside, she was sure that this time, she had found the right building.

Continuing to walk forward, she noted just how odd the group before her actually was. There were two living piles of leaves, a dainty looking girl, an armored looking man, and someone even jumped off a building to make their entrance into this society. What a colorful assortment of people! As she proceeded toward the group, she then ran into another perplexing problem of unfamiliarity. Looking at the assortment of gentlemen that had gathered she had realized that she had absolutely no idea which one of them was Sanderson. Running through all the options in her head, she had narrowed it down to the young man speaking with the girl who looked completely unassuming, or the other young man accompanied by a female who seemed to share similar facial features to him. And so, as she finally stopped walking, she bowed in the general direction of both of them, and without looking at one of them in specific, she said,
    "well met Adventurer's Society. I look forward to being able to work alongside you all."

14. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Baldomar Ererim

Baldomar had taken note of the fact the sound of his hammer scraping over the stones could be as experienced as annoying, well that was their fault for making roads out of stone and not dirt like a sensible person. The man he pushed past however decided to object to his practice of dragging the hammer along the stones. "
    No you cannot, mr. Fancypants. But I didn't realise there were such virgin ears amongst the group. Very well." He said as he lifted his hammer "Happy now?" He asked and walked away as they were invited in. "Thanks" He simply stated as he walked past the Bracklewoods and Mr Venger. He really didn't understand the need for all the bloody rules that Mr Fancypants mentioned. People had dragged hunks of metal into his home plenty of times, then again what would a city-boy know. I mean they threw rocks at each other as jokes how would anyone not involved understand that tradition? Then someone else appeared who seemed to be happy to work with everyone here. "Yeah, we'll see how this one goes....." He said, his last partners had been a bit reluctant to help him out when he needed it eventhough he helped when it was necesary.

15. coracle Merlin's Housekeeper

Lyra took a brief look over the accounts before rising from her desk. Sanderson Bracklewood, although spending most of his life bankrupt, was very good at spending obscenely large amounts of money and if it wasn't for Lyra's suggestions, it would have been unlikely the Bracklewood fortune would have made it past the appetizers at this recruitment drive that the society was holding. Through the window she could hear Sanderson and Aston making idol chatter in the cold as they welcomed in the new recruits. Closing the account booklet, Lyra stored it in the desk before grabbing her suit jacket from it's stand, adorning it and then proceeding to straighten the collar. Lyra was a practical woman, but she understood the importance of looking her best. She had awaited this day for some time now, a chance to finally get out of the study and begin her true job at the adventurer's society, to explore the world and expand her experience. Her Archamere blood brought her solace in numbers and planning, but another unknown part of her had a thirst for something more, something she had yet to find.

Lyra heard the shuffling of chairs in the hall and decided it was time to join the proceedings. She was eager to meet the new blood and staring at one more figure was going to send her stir crazy. Once more straightening her jacket, taking a deep breath and gathering her composure, Lyra stepped out into the hall to greet everyone.

16. CrownMoksha Decimo

The next person to arrive at the manor was a formally dressed kid. On his back were items of importance to him, his longsword and his umbrella he carried around with him just about everywhere he went. As for why he was dressed like this, well Lumen just felt like wearing something like it. Nothing more, nothing less. It was one of his unique traits. Just like carrying around the umbrella.

Lumen followed the trail as the manor came into view. It certainly was impressive looking, that was for sure. The group that he would now be working with also came into view. He didn't recognize a single one of them and thus the first thing that came to mind for him to do was to introduce himself. So, with a wave of his hand, he spoke to those who were outside. "Hello everybody, so this is the Adventurer's Society."

17. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

"Wonderful!" Sanderson stated enthusiastically, there were so many wonderful people here today! And although some of them didn't seem to be getting on Sanderson was sure that eventually they'd all be the best of friends "My name is Sanderson Bracklewood, this is my sister Shyra Bracklewood and our friend Aston Venger. We hereby cordially invite you to join the Adventurer's Society! If you would please follow us inside, I do believe food is ready!" With another smile Sanderson stepped into the manor and almost bumped into a well dressed young woman "Ah hello there Lyra! I'm sure you'll be glad to know we have plenty of new recruits!" Sanderson grinned with a sense of achievement "They do seem an odd bunch, but in my experience strange people can be more familiar than you'd think!"

Shyra rolled her eyes as Sanderson enthusiastically greeted the group again. Shyra had her doubts about this... gathering. They were certainly not the kind of people Shyra would be happy to accompany into savage forests of Hirokir. "Well? What are you all doing standing around? Come inside!" Shyra stepped past the door and saw Lyra, the only other sensible person in this Society "When you come in please tell Miss Arcamere here your names" She shouted back to the rabble. There were already some people in the manor "You too, we need names" With that Shyra stormed off to sort out various plans. There was no possibility of going to Hirokir yet, these recruits were simply too... weak. Untrained. Shyra might take them to the caves that joined Hirokir to Tyrrus, just have a look around, but there was no possibility of going beyond yet.

18. coracle Merlin's Housekeeper

[​IMG]

"Welcome everyone. Now may I please just take your names" Lyra said as she drew a small leather journal from within her blazer, she used it to take down notes when she was out and about. It was extremely helpful to have something that she could jot in as she was prone to random sparks of inspiration. The group that were meeting here seemed rather ragtag, but their was potential here, even if she seemed to be the only one who dressed for the occasion apart from a bloke over at the back that appeared to have an umbrella, of all things, sheathed to his back. Regardless of the groups appearance Lyra had been taught to not judge one by their appearance and so she addressed them with the same politeness she would any other.

[​IMG]

Badun arrived in Varewyn just after sunrise and as he often did headed for the market to examine his competition in the city. Badun knew of Varewyn's penchant for tinkering and creating new technologies and as expected, there were several stall owners laying out intricate devices upon their stalls as they set up. Badun approached one such woman who appeared to be in a disheartened mood this morning and asked "Bad week for business, eh?"
    "How did you guess?" she chided "it's what I get for relying on these useless inventions for coin, every bodies trying to solve problems that don't exist these days. I mean look at these, they're telescopes for looking at small things, what's the point of that? we can see small things"
    "I could take them off your hands..." Badun responded, this woman didn't know the first thing about her product, she wasn't going to get it sold any other way. The world was full of idiots and Badun knew he could profit from them, it worked every time "...I'll pay you of course" He added, to drive the deal home.
    "Well I'd give you all 5 for 75 coin, I can't see myself selling all of them anyway"
    "Well, I can't see these selling for anymore than 5 gold each, I mean you said it yourself, they're useless. I feel 25 is a much fairer deal for the lot, hell I'll throw in 5 coin make it 30." Badun could see the disappointment on the woman's face at the low price, but it disappeared as she considered his reasoning.
    " I suppose you are correct and if that's so 30 coin's the best I'll get for them, you've got yourself a deal"
    Badun made of with the contraptions, he had seen them before, microscopes apparently and he knew that in the right circles he could sell them for 20 coin each. He suddenly noticed he'd got carried away and forgotten the time. The adventurer's society meeting had just started. He hurried along the cobbled streets as fast as his legs could carry him and his massive pack. On arrival at the Bracklewood's manor he couldn't see anyone from the outside and assumed they must have gone inside. He tried to quietly slip in through the door, but he stumbled and made a large crash as the door slammed shut behind him. This wasn't the quiet entrance he'd hoped for as he looked up at the crowd gathered inside, but at least he was here and hopefully this endeavor would pay off.

19. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Bryce stayed in the hallway, deliberating when he actually wanted to give the girl, Lyra, his name. Might as well do it now. He stepped up to her, keeping his helmet on. "Bryce Hogalt." He said quietly, his voice echoing through the plate metal that encircled his head. "Pleasure to meet you." He added as an afterthought. His mother had always told him to use his manners around a lady.

[​IMG]
    Kara crept forward quietly. Food. She was hungry. And she wanted food. And there was food, in there. There was already people waiting to give the woman her name, but Kara snuck past them, barely paying any mind. She wasn't planning on staying. Just grabbing some food, pretending to belong, and then getting out. And depending on how good the food was, maybe coming back later to do the same thing. She glanced over her shoulder before slipping into the building and padding softly down the hall.

20. coracle Merlin's Housekeeper

[​IMG]

"Greetings Mr Hogalt, it is a pleasure to meet you too" Lyra replied to the armored man before her as she jotted down the name "I'm sure the society shall benefit from your membership, if you'd please now take a seat" She gestured towards the collection of chairs gathered around the hall. "Who is next?" She called to the collected ensemble in front of her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.