Lacrosse starts tomorrow and I'm really nervous.

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by woodstockfootball26, Aug 21, 2012.

1. woodstockfootball26 Traverse Town Homebody

So tomorrow is the start of lacrosse, and it's my first season( I picked it up in May), and I'm honestly freaking out. I just started this year, and I'm fairly small compared to everyone else. There are about 3-5 kids on the team that hate me, so that will add about 3 times as much stress on me. I need some tips on technique, and tips on how too calm myself down, and maybe approach these guys. Please help!

2. Mysty Unknown

Well, about those guys that hate you, It may be better to stay away from them completely, and do you have evidence that they hate you? But the nervous thing happens to everyone who just starts a sport. Best thing to do is to just focus on the task ahead and have a need to thirst for the enemies blood.

3. woodstockfootball26 Traverse Town Homebody

Yeah I have evidence, when they walk past me in the hallways they make rude comments towards me, and my friends have told me. They only tell me because they want too back me up. I hate being small, and I can't exactly thirst for blood when I'm one of the smallest kids out there.

4. Mysty Unknown

Being short can actually be one of the better things in a sport. Usually you are quicker on your feet. And if they seriously do not like you, here is a tip, take the insult and play on it. If you go along with things, the target on your back gets smaller because there is no fun in it for them if you aren't effected.

5. aiight Traverse Town Homebody

the thing about being nervous is that it's a completely natural thing. that's what you've got to realize first. plus, stress isn't a bad thing either. instead of fighting the stress just roll with it if that makes sense? and as for the guys that hate you...they're probably just ******'s and just hang around some of the other guys on the team. Good luck with kicking lacrosse ass bro! -SWAG

6. woodstockfootball26 Traverse Town Homebody

Yeah, I see what you're saying, but they have been playing for a lot longer time than I have, so obviously they're going too be better. I don't want too sound nagging,, but I just need too talk these things out.[DOUBLEPOST=1345602921][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Dude that honestly made me feel a little bit better. Just how do I cope with the nervousness. They are a bunch of ******s though haha.

7. aiight Traverse Town Homebody

glad it did man! and exactly! lacrosse teams have a lot more on the roster than three cock suckers so just buddy up with the other loads of bro's on the team. and again just roll with the nervousness man. there's a reason it's there: it's natural. there is no fighting nervousness and i assure you plenty of other guys on that team are as nervous as you right now. no sense in fighting being nervous. just remember to let things be! nothing wrong with being anxious! haha

8. woodstockfootball26 Traverse Town Homebody

True! I do have my friends chad(same starting as me), David, and Nick! Me and David are practicing 20 minutes before too!

9. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

Being small isn't a bad thing! As Myst said, it can have it's advantages. As for those 3-5 kids who hate you, just ignore them. You are there to play Lacrosse and have fun playing it. Just get your mind off them, think of something else. Think of winning your games! Or think of someone who is important to you and play for them! Just don't let them bring you down. You are who you are! Love it!
    And if you are feeling nervous about the season starting, that nervousness is just your brain getting ready to perform at a much higher level than it usually is. You have to really focus in Lacrosse....and I am quite sure you know that. :) haha

10. woodstockfootball26 Traverse Town Homebody

Thank you so much. You guys are honestly taking the loads off! I'm actually excited now! I'm not out there for those kids. I'm out there too have fun and get better!

11. aiight Traverse Town Homebody

well hell yea bud! having your friends right there beside you should definitely ease the tension lol trust me nig once you get into the game and everything starts that nervousness is gonna be long gone.

12. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

Yes!!! THIS^^^^
    And you are very welcome! ^^
    That's GREAT that you are excited now! You should be! :D You deserve to be!

13. woodstockfootball26 Traverse Town Homebody

You're my new homie. Tahahahaha! We're all gonna fucked around so much! I Can't wait for practice now.
    Thank you so much! I won't disapoint you when I tell ya'll about it tomorrow night(;

14. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

:D
    Wonderful! Looking forward to it!
    Have fun at practice tomorrow and good luck!

15. woodstockfootball26 Traverse Town Homebody

I'll talk too you later, right?(: Thank you!

16. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

Mhm! Of course! ^^
    And you are welcome!

17. woodstockfootball26 Traverse Town Homebody

Guys..... I fucking killed that practice! Thank you all so much for that help and support!

18. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

That is FANTASTIC!!! Very happy for you! ^^ haha!
    And we were more than happy to help out a fellow khvidian!
    :D

19. Mysty Unknown

We are all here to help. If I weren't, now what sort of butler would I be?