Kingdom Hearts Kurt Zisa Help

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by Amaury, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaury Legendary Hero

I'm about to rip my hair out after three consecutive loses for my walkthrough of this. Even the Phantom's easier!

I need help! Here are my stats:

Everyone is filled with Hi-Potions.

• Level: 64
    • HP: 81
    • MP: 8
    Equipment:
    • Oblivion
    • Energy Bangle
    • Brave Warrior
    • Ray of Light
    Abilities:
    • Dodge Roll
    • Guard
    • Combo Plus
    • Air Combo Plus
    • Critical Plus
    • Vortex
    • Aerial Sweep
    • Blitz
    • Scan
    • Treasure Magnet
    • MP Haste
    • MP Rage
    • Berserk
    • Second Chance
    • Jackpot
    Quick Menu:
    • Curaga
    • Graviga
    • Aeroga

• Level: 61
    • HP: 69
    • MP: 10
    Equipment:
    • Dream Rod
    • Angle Banle
    • Gaia Bangle
    Abilities:
    • Treasure Magnet x2
    • MP Haste
    • MP Rage x2
    • Berserk
    • Second Chance
    • Jackpot
    • Second Wind

Behavior:
    • Personal

• Level: 64
    • HP: 78
    • MP: 7
    Equipment:
    • Herc's Shield
    • Guard Earring
    • Master Earring
    • Magic Armlet
    • Rune Armlet
    Abilities:
    • Rocket
    • Charge
    • Tornado
    • MP Gift
    • Treasure Magnet x2
    • MP Haste
    • MP Rage x2
    • Berserk
    • Second Chance
    • Jackpot
    • Second Wind
    Behavior:
    • Personal

2. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

To answer this, I'm gonna have to ask a couple questions;
    1) How far into the battle do you get before you die? (meaning how many bars of its health did you take off it?)
    2) How many of the Colosseum tournaments (meaning the ones after the Hercules cup) did you complete?
    and 3) How many ingredients are you missing for Ultimate Weapon?

3. chessplayerjames Destiny Islands Resident

One reason why you might possibly be losing; you could be on level 99 and still lose if you don't time your dodge rolls right. I remember when I was a younger player and I had to fight this guy a million times to defeat him. I remember that I almost ALWAYS died when he starts doing a spinning attack at you from a long distance, and he takes out a large sum of HP each time he hits you, and it's rather hard to dodge. I found that the best way to dodge was to do a dodge roll at the precise moment; if that's where you're having the problem, try testing out the dodge roll at different times to get the best timing to be able to survive the attack.

Good luck.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

For reference, this is the strategy I use whenever I fight the Phantom. If something exactly like that could be created for Kurt Zisa, I could probably do it, or at least have an easier time doing it.

1. The second attempt I got as far as about half of his last HP bar left.
    2. All of the tournaments.
    3. I don't know.

That's pretty much the problem. Sometimes I dodged them successfully, while other times I didn't. I tried Guard on my third attempt, but it doesn't look like they can be blocked.

The other problem is connecting hits easily during its first phase with the orbs and when it's stunned and you're attacking its head after breaking its orbs or shield.

5. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

OK, first off, I suggest you find out what you still need for Ultimate Weapon and get whats missing. Second, you need to do what chessplayerjames said; time your dodges as exactly as possible. Finally, I suggest you level grind to lvl. 70. My help ends here, I hope it helped :)

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

That's my main problem. I don't know how to time them. I mean, sometimes I get lucky, but I wasn't intentionally accurate on my timing. Also, Guard is useless, as didn't block anything during my third attempt.

My other big problem is running out of healing items because of the stupid no magic areas. I use up a lot when it starts those spinning attacks when its health is down, and I barely have any left or they're all gone by the time I get to the last one because I would defeat it the next time I break the orbs.

I mean, this guy playing 1.5 Remix on, I think, Expert Mode makes it look easy. (He even says Aladdin is better than Donald, for some reason.) :x

7. Mixt The dude that does the thing

One quick and dirty suggestion. Use mega-potions rather than hi-potions. Hi-potion might heal you for more than mega, but considering most of them will be used on each other, there is a major concern of running dry if you only heal one person at a time. Note in that video how both allies we KOed most of the time. Plus the only remaining battle you might need them for is Unknown.

After that, this battle can be hard at pretty much any level. While you certainly can do it at 60 there is no harm in pushing to 70, 80, or even 100.

On to more detailed tips.

Tink can be a huge help in this fight, keeping your HP up without as many items in his physical form. Just don't rely on her too much because she becomes more necessary the farther in you get. Don't want her dispelling too early now

Some people prefer Aladdin because he holds his own better than Donald in the physical form. I don't see a significant difference though as most of the battle is up to you.

If you have trouble dodging the spin move, Strike Raid allows for a lot of invincibility frames. As shown in the video you can even escape the whole thing until his health drops low (usually the third time he enters the physical only state.)

The magic form tends not to be too bad. He keeps his distance but fire can usually get him anyway, and if you need to close in Superglide easily outpaces him. If you find yourself needing more MP, hitting the shield physically activates MP Haste and drops MP prizes.

You may find it worth it to include Ragnarok or Ars Arcanum since those have high damage per second rates, that way you can hit him harder while he's dazed and ideally keep the battle a bit shorter.

And finally, just keep trying. You'll slowly learn the finer points of reading the battle and eventually be able to come out on top. If you need more practice on timing blocking and dodging, Ice Titan is a nice spot.

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

Thanks, Mixt.

Yeah, I was using Tinker Bell, but I kept losing her when he got to the spinning moves. I can dodge the vertical one fairly easy, it's the horizontal one that gets me. However, when I watched that video, I saw that Sora jumped over it to dodge the horizontal spin.

9. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Yeah, you can go over it with high jump, or "under" it with dodge roll (which is really going through it with invincibility frames). That is admittedly where I have the most trouble too, but I can generally make it out okay these days. Maybe using an item in the middle. If you stop to use an item, you will almost always get hit; but if you're pretty sure that you were going to get hit anyway it doesn't really matter.

10. Amaury Legendary Hero

The problem is that once Kurt Zisa starts that phase, I run out of items fairly quickly and don't have enough for the last two or so spinning attack phases.

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

So I finally managed to do it!

With that said, this can probably be locked now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.