Television Krypton

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by 61, Dec 8, 2014.

1. 61 No. B

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/krypton-tv-series-announced-for-syfy/1100-150635/

New best show ever announced.

If I'm not mistaken, we knew a Krypton show had been in the works but this is the first time hearing anything about it.

A little disappointed that it's not a show about Jor-El, who is an interesting character and one capable of carrying a show on his own, but this is certainly a good thing because if Jor-El was the main character, it could potentially feel like it's only purpose was to set up Superman and show the events leading up to the final days of Krypton. We don't know much at this point but given the little bits of information we do know, this is (thankfully) not the Superman version of Gotham.

For people who may not like Goyer having a hand in this, keep in mind that the Krypton they created for MoS was immensely fascinating and it's an absolute crime that it wasn't explored more. Hopefully this show's Krypton will draw from that.

Personally, I'm extremely excited for this with my growing love for sci-fi and liking Superman and his history as much as I do.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  2. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

I had no idea a tv series based on Krypton had even been conceived! Thanks for sharing this! I agree with you that the Krypton in MoS was just gorgeous, and fascinating. I wonder if they'll show case the Kryptonian martial arts in this series and other unique things about the planet?

3. Hayabusa Venomous

...this is where I have all of my distrust in this show ever being good because I HATED the Krypton segment of Man of Steel: it felt like a blandly colored Avatar.

Count me out especially due to Goyer's involvement.