Traditional Art Korra.

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by T A F F Y シ, Jul 10, 2012.

1. T A F F Y シ Hollow Bastion Committee

Damn, I'm need this show back in my life again.
    [Link]

:3​

2. Amber PLUR

I like the lineart, but the white outline is a bit distracting, especially on the lip line. Otherwise, the coloring is great. :)

3. Valium Hollow Bastion Committee

Your sense of anatomy is soooo so much better than mine it kind of makes me feel like vomiting.

Love it to bits but the line art would be much better if it was a soft dark brown not black, black makes everything look low quality.

4. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I personally love this! It's quite simple and I think the white outline is very effective. The shading is spot on and it looks a lot like Korra. I don't know if it's just me but she looks slightly cross eyed but that would be the only problem with it that I can say and that's me being picky. It's a lovely piece, keep it up. Did you use a graphic tablet?

5. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

I like it. It's pretty much a spot on portrait of the character and I love 3/4 view. My one issue is the while lines kind of stand out in certain points, like her nose and mouth and I feel like outlines shouldn't stand out, like background music they should keep everything in perspective and order without becoming the main event. There's not much to say other than that. You're good enough so that this kind of thing doesn't really test your abilities, it just works as a matter of course more than anything else.

@NubCat~: It's spelled pedantic and it doesn't mean the same thing as nitpicking. It's kind of like being showy about your knowledge or learning. Like what I'm doing right now is kind of pedantic and I don't like doing it but I prefer that people use words more or less correctly.

6. Cloud.Strife. Traverse Town Homebody

It's pretty good, I don't like the lip line, otherwise it looks good.

7. T A F F Y シ Hollow Bastion Committee

Thank you for your critique Amber! I agree on the lip line! :P
    Haha, the reason its white cause I kind of went lazy .. I wanted to outline it over in black buut after doing her eyes I personally liked the effect ^^/
    Laziness gets the best of me sometimes. I might go over it in black outline one day and re-post it.

Awww, thank you for your critique Valium! I'm glad you liked it.
    Don't be too hard on yourself .. I used so much reference to draw this .. I can not even tell you I drew it without much help :P
    Hmm, I will keep that in mind, thank you!

Thanks I'm glad you loved it! Glad she looks like her! ^^/
    Haha, at one point she was when my sisters pointed it out.. I tried to fix it .. it still might be there but I just don't see it xD
    Thanks for the critique NubCat!
    Yep, I did you a graphic tablet.

Hey Jiku <3!
    Thank you for your awesome critique!
    I will definitely take your words into account since that also applies in animation .. when it comes to the outlines on the character. I just got a bit lazy here to draw over the white line again ^^''

Thank you for your critque Cloud.Strife.
    Hehe, yeah don't worry I will fix soon, hope it turns out better ^^/

8. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

I actually really love the white lineart. It makes it look original, stand out, and it really makes one notice the work. I also think the colour palette you've used flows very well together and making the eyes brighter than the rest of the palette is a nice touch, makes the work more interesting.

One thing though is that her expression makes her seem aloof and not present which makes the work seem a bit static, a stronger expression might make the piece seem more "alive", however I see that you've aimed for a "dreaming" expression, nay? Also, the front part of the hair might need some work on the shadowing as it now looks quite dense, though we're only talking minor adjustments here, less is more. Also the split in her bangs seem a bit out of place, personally I think making it longer and slimmer would make it seem more natural and look more like the way hair moves.

Overall I really love this piece, it's unique and fascinating, very well done.

9. T A F F Y シ Hollow Bastion Committee

Well, I wanted her expression to be neutral, like what you find in the character design head sketches.
    I like how you pointed some awesome mistakes out, I will try fixing them.
    Thank you for your great critique ^^/
    :3​