1x1: Kingdom of Ruin

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Aelin, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Sasha bit her lip as she wrung her hands together. She didn't mean to insult him, but it was what was proper. "If I may.... You are still a prince and it is inappropriate for someone as lowly as me to address you as anything else." She wasn't comfortable accepting this, even with the castle taken he was till her prince and she planned to treat him as such no matter what.

2. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry pulled out the sword and pointed it at Sasha. "Someone as lowly as you!? I refuse for you to let you treat yourself this way. By this blade I here by knight thee. You are now Lady Sasha. A servant no longer." Harry tapped the sword on Sasha's good shoulder then put the blade away.

3. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Sasha flinched back as the sword was pulled, but then Harry started to speak. "N-no your majesty. I. I can't. I am no lady." Sasha was panicking, full out panicking as Harry tried to make her a lady when she didn't deserve such things. An unnatural thick fog started to roll in the room as Sasha hunched her shoulders and made herself small like she was trying to hide. "My family hasn't even paid their debts fully, and even if we did, I am not Lady material. I am not high born or a warrior, I am a servant. That is all I ever was and all I was ever meant to be."

4. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry pulled back the sword and put it away. He turned his back to Sasha and started to walk away. "You are the warrior who saved the prince of Winterbourne. The knights who were trained to protect all failed but you did not. The kingdom of Winterbourne is no more so there is no one you owe a debt to. And even if there was, your mother and father paid that debt with their lives." After saying his piece, Harry lay on a bed and just looked at the roof.

5. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Sasha shifted further back as the Prince spoke to her, trying to blend in with the fog, which now had filled the room and seemed to be seeping beyond it. "I am no knight. I don't want to be a knight or anything. I am a servant girl, that is it. I was just doing what was expected of me, nothing more, nothing worth any praise. If I had to die to protect you, I would have because that is what is expected of me and no one would miss a servant girl." She told him quietly trying to convince him how little she was worth. She was always raised knowing that she wasn't worth anything and that didn't change now. She was content, even happy being a servant girl. That is all she could ever see herself as and she was honestly scared of the world beyond, she was comfortable with where she was at in life and wasn't so ready to except the change. Harry then brought up her parents and Sasha couldn't stop the tears that started anew as she just lay on her side curled up trying her best to just forget everything. She wished she would wake up and find out this was all a dream, but that wasn't going to happen, she knew it as well as anyone else.

6. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry heard Sasha's words but chose to ignore them. His thoughts drifted back to the castle and then started to whistle a tune he heard while he grew up in the castle. The tune had a calming effect on him.

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    There was noise from upstairs. It sounded a bit like panic and confusion. Even as Sasha was nearly asleep the fog filled the room and up to the main floor as she tried to pretend she was nothing, shrink back into the shadows where she would go unnoticed by most. She wanted to be back in that world but she couldn't now. Finally a quiet sob broke from her throat and she couldn't stop it. She couldn't bring herself to be concerned with what was going on around her, not at that moment. She didn't care what the people hiding them were thinking about all this fog, it made her feel invisible again, hard to see, and she took comfort in that.

8. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry tried to ignore the fog and just whistled louder. The tune was cheerful and calming.

9. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Someone popped their head down. "Are you okay down there? I don't know what is happening. We are going to look into it, but I would recommend you keeping quiet and staying down here until this is sorted out." One of the cleric's from upstairs said.
    "We are fine. We will stay down here." It took everything for Sasha not to apologize as she began to make an effort into reel in her fog. Harry was trying to ignore it, ignore her, like everything was fine. After a moment she spoke up again, not liking the idea of making Harry mad at her.
    "I-I'm sorry. I just. What you are offering me. I don't know how to be that person. I know how to stay unnoticed how to be no one. What you tried to offer me was a way to be someone, but I don't know how. I don't have an education I can't talk to people very well, especially not those high born. No one would accept me anyways." She admitted to him.

10. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry stopped whistling and heard Sasha talk. He remained silent for a moment then sat up. "Sasha I understand you have been oppressed all your life. I know how scary this feels. I am scared too but we can't just hide away and be unnoticed. I am the only one who can restore the kingdom we both grew up in. And I can't do it alone. You are the only one I can count on right now and I have faith in you. I ask you to try and hold your head high and to forget that you were raised a servant. You are not a servant anymore. It is time for you to be Sasha. So who is Sasha? And no she is not a servant!"

11. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "I-I can't promise, but I will try. I will follow you to the ends of the earth if you ask me to, I just I will work on having more faith in myself but I don't know if I can." She admitted, but at least she wasn't saying no completely. She rather liked being a servant and didn't know what to do now with this.

12. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry felt a bit better knowing Sasha was going to try. "Once we both have had a few days to heal, we need to find more help. Can you read a map?" Harry was trying to think of the future rather than right now.

13. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Looking around Sasha didn't want to admit another inadequacy, another short coming and reason that she wasn't worth being anyone worth while. "No. I don't read much in general." She admitted. "I am better with more practical skills. Cooking, and cleaning, and keeping hidden and out of the way." She admitted to him, maybe that would at least make up for some of her short comings. Perhaps he would accept that as a sort of apology to him.

14. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

"That means we don't have anyone to guide us. And I am counting on you to cook us food when we are on the road." Harry then started to whistle the same tune he did before but quietly so only him and Sasha could hear it.

15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "I can do that." She said quietly. It was true they had no guide but she could cook, she just hoped that she didn't have to hunt, that was not one of her strong suites. She knew that the royals tended to go on hunts for fun, she just hoped that Harry was one of them. Instead of worrying though, Sasha started to sing along with the tune that Harry was whistling.

16. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

When Sasha started to sing along to his whistling, Harry remembered where he heard it from and stopped. "Sasha that tune. I heard it from one of the servants while I was growing up. It was a woman who would hum it. Do you know anyrhing about it?"

17. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Sasha didn't want to think about why she knew it. The hurt was still far too great, but even still after a long moment she mumbled "it was my lullaby. My mother used to always sing it for me when I was a child growing up. I don't know where she learned it though, but I think it might have been something from her lands. She didn't always sing it in the common language." Sasha admitted, switching to the words she had memorized in another language, but the language itself was something that she had never fully learned. Living in the castle there had never been much use for another language, and some people got uneasy if they couldn't understand what was being spoken about.

18. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

When Sasha said it was her lullaby, Harry felt saddened that he never had one. He just listened as Sasha spoke. "Sasha, I will whistle it once more. If you recall that other language then please sing in it so I can hear it." Harry began to whistle the tune wsiting for Sasha to sing.

19. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Slowly nodding to the command that she saw the request as, Sasha tried to pull up the memories of her mother singing the song in her home language. Finally she started to sing a rather pretty lullaby, quiet at first as she was still feeling out the lyrics in a language that was foreign to even her, but slowly getting more confident as she went on.

(But in another language obviously)
    When she was done she looked at Harry with tears in her eyes. She knew that she would never get to hear her mother sing that song to her again, or anyone for that matter. She would never hear the beautiful sonf voice of her mother again, even Sasha's own paled in comparison to that. She really was truly gone now and Sasha had escaped, prince in tow. She supposed that she should have been dead along with everyone else and she needed to figure out to do with the gift of life that she had been granted instead.

20. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry heard what felt like a plesant song and it caused a tear to flow from his eye. "Sasha that was wonderful. How are you feeling now? And be honest!"