1x1: Kingdom of Ruin

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Aelin, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    The ball was in full swing, all the royals and noble born were having a great time, and why wouldn't they be? They were celebrating their crown princes birthday after all. Music, cheer and merriment filled the halls, reaching as far as the servants passages, as Sasha retreated into one so that she could refill her try of drinks. Sometimes she wondered what it would be like to be on that dance floor, joining in the festivities instead of serving for them, not that it wasn't an honour to serve. She was one of the hand picked servants to help at this ball, it was a position that she should be proud of, and she was, especially considering the magic that cursed her.

When the king first had her marked with the sign of the storm, Sasha thought that she would never get the chance to go anywhere, do anything with her life. She thought it meant she wouldn't even belong among the other servant. Now however she was one of the best and enjoyed her life, even as she watched from the sidelines.

Emerging from where she hid down one of the servants passages, Sasha found herself among the crowd of the ball once again, skillfully and nimbly dodging between various nobles, who didn't pay her a glance before stepping in her path, or nearly smacking her tray out of her hand with an exaggerated hand movement. Somehow however Sasha managed to make it through the crowd, handing out champagne without spilling a single drop.

2. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Prince Harry was stood surrounded by countless nobles who were praising his mother and father for the splendid celebration they had hosted for his 25 birthday. To Harry this was boring because it was not about him. The ball was held for his birthday so all the praises should be for him and not his worthless parents.

His attention was scattered when he noticed Sasha with a tray of Champagne heading his way. He reached for a glass but his aim was off and instead of picking up the glass he knocked it over spilling it onto his birthday cloak which had been a gift from his mother.

"Gah! My new cloak!" Declared the shocked prince quite loudly which would cause a disturbance to the festivities that surround him.

3. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Sasha knew that it was not her fault that the champagne spilled but she also knew it would be more appropriate to take the blame then to blame the prince, especially on his birthday. "My apologies your majesty. I can take your cloak and get it cleaned up right away, it should only take half an hour or so." Sasha shifted the try in her hands so that she would be able to grab the cloak. She didn't really have the extra time to go and get his cloak cleaned, she did have a lot to do here, but that being said she would do anything to help the prince even if that meant leaving her primary post to do it. Glancing at the king she hoped that he wouldn't mind, or at least wouldn't notice with all the stuff going on today. She assumed that her presence would go unseen.

4. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry was initially upset about the spill but realised this was his chance to get away from the annoying nobles. "I will accompany you to get my cloak cleaned. I shall return to the ball after it is finished" A simple look at Harry's face would tell Sasha that he was not budging from his decision to go with her.

5. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Sasha knew better than to argue with a member of the royal family, but at the same time she knew it wasn't appropriate for Harry to be leaving. Chewing o her lower lip a bit, a nervous habit of hers, Sasha tried to decide what to do. "Very well your majesty, this way." Taking the path of least resistance ended with Sasha leading Harry to one of the many servants passages out of the ballroom and towards the laundry room where she could clean his cloak. She was just thankful that it had been champagne and not red wine, or else there was no way he would have the cloak back that night. Dropping her tray off on a small table near the wall, Sasha entered the alcove and started down a narrow dark hallway, glancing back to see if Harry was still following.

6. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry simply bowed to his father before following Sasha. When they reached a passage he was not familiar with it concerned him. "I do not know this way! Where are you taking me!?"

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Sasha blushed slightly as Harry freaked out. She had not expected such a reaction from the prince to taking one of the servants passages, hadn't thought that he might not have been down one before. "My apologies your majesty. I thought it would be quicker and draw less attention if we took a servants passage instead of walking out through the front doors. I did not wish to startle you." She gave him a small bow of apology and hoped that her explanation cleared things up enough that he would trust her to keep taking him to get his cloak laundered. Already she wondered who had noticed them leave at the same time and what people were thinking. She had grown up with the prince and sometimes people insinuated rather inappropriate things about them, but it was all untrue. Sasha knew her place in the world and she was not worthy of even being friends with the prince, much less anything else.

8. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry was very concerned about the destination until Sasha explained they were in a servant passage. "Oh this is one of those passages my father said were beneath me to take. Lead the way freely, you know this castle well since you were raised here just as I was" Feeling at ease Harry followed Sasha calmly as they continued on their path.

9. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Her face burned brighter with shame as Harry made his comments about what his father said. "Well he isn't wrong. Such dark small passages are not one for the high born to take. It is just meant to get the servants around the castle while going unseen." A skill she had gotten particularly good at over the years. It wasn't hard to blend into the background, often dressing in dark simple clothes so if she was serving at an event like this, she could blend in the shadows. It was easy enough to do for her, and her soft voice helped even more, even as she gave orders and ran around, rarely was she heard unless she wanted to, it was what made her so good at her job.

10. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry tried to take note of the way they had come from but everything was all mixed up for him. He noticed how empty the passage was and when Sasha mentioned getting around unseen it caused an idea to hit Harry. "Servant girl, once my cloak is cleaned I want you to lead me to the armory. Do not question me on why just obey your prince." Harry removed his cloak and held it out for Sasha to take once they had arrived at the laundry room.

11. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Taking the cloak from him, Sasha bowed her head in obedience. "As you wish your majesty." She replied, curious about his request and worried about keeping him away from his party for too long. He would certainly be noticed when he didn't return and she feared getting in trouble for keeping him away. That being said, this was also a direct order from a royal, so she should not question it. Moving into the laundry area, there was a couple woman working in there, but Sasha opted to clean his cloak herself. It wasn't that the other servants were unable to, but she had to wait until it was cleaned anyways, she had to do something to keep herself busy.

Collecting some basic cleaning supplies, Sasha quietly worked on cleaning the cloak without getting it too wet. If she fully cleaned it then he wouldn't be able to wear it again that night, so she had to be careful. There was a faint humming that escaped her lips as she worked. It was about twenty minutes before she was satisfied with her cleaning job.
    "There you are your majesty." She offered his cloak back before weaving through more halls towards the closest servants exit to the armoury, which didn't take them directly there since servants had little to do there.

12. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry waited patiently for Sasha to finish cleaning his cloak. His mind wondered back to the talk he had with his father a few days ago. "Father said we should hold a ball to celebrate me and my 25th birthday. That idea made me believe that I would finally get the recognition I deserve but all those stupid nobles could talk about is my worthless parents and the stupid balll. It was like they think I would be proud to be their son but who could be proud of having a man so round he can barely get off his throne as a father and a mother who refuses to accept that the kingdom is not in need of more warriors to protect it. Gah! I must take it upon myself to be ready to fight and take the throne I deserve! It is my right!"
    Harry's thinking had caused anger in thimself when he heard Sasha's voice. He turned and claimed his cloak back. He quickly put it back on and followed Sasha towards the armoury.

13. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    What the prince spoke bordered on blasphemy. Speaking of becoming a warrior and taking the throne, it made Sasha worried what he might do in order to get the throne. It wasn't her place to chide the prince for such talk, but could she really keep quiet? "Perhaps if you married your His Grace would be more inclined to retire and hand the throne over." Harry was of marriageable age after all, actually several years past if you asked many of the nobles. Being the Crown Prince some believed that he should have been looking for a bride since he was eighteen. And as long as Harry remained unmarried there was no chance of having a legitimate heir for the throne, and she knew that the king wouldn't be happy if their family line ended with his son.

14. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry became angered at the thought of marriage. His anger should have been clear to anyone watching. "The thought of marriage is out of the question! I will claim the throne I deserve alone. What kibd if message would it send if I only became king because I had a bride!? A king is a leader with wisdom and strength. An army looks to them for faultless leadership. I am still young and yet much wiser than my father. It is wiser that I learn to fight fir my kingdom and become its hero then I will find a bride who will know her place." Harry had said his piece and felt he was the best thing for the kingdom and that he did not need a bride yet.

15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    She knew that she shouldn't talk, knew it was inappropriate, but still the words slipped from her lips as they walked,her eyes still averted from the prince however. "What happens when the warrior king dies a hero protecting his kingdom with no heir in sight?" She questioned quietly, her shoulders tucking in ever so slightly out of fear of getting in trouble for her words. They were approaching the exit to the servants passage, just up the hall from the armoury. If he were to yell at her she would rather have it over with here than in the hall where anyone could be passing through.

16. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry was enraged by Sasha's words but saw that she did have a point. He still knew he had to argue back because he refuses to be bested since he was the best. "It is impossible for a king to die a hero. History is written by the victor not the fallen. A king would only fight for his kingdom so if he fell then his kingdom would be claimed by the one who slain him. The throne belongs to the best of the best. The one who can not be defeated in battle. And that is who I am! If you truly believe I need to take a bride then how about I have my father assign that task to you." Harry knew by saying that it would cause Sasha a considerable amount of distress. As they near his destination Harry just walked behind Sasha with a smirk on his face.

17. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    No it wasn't impossible, but Sasha knew better than to continue arguing with the Prince. Making herself a little smaller she just nodded in submission. "I apologize your majesty. You know I am not worthy of such a task." With that they emerged in the hallway. A few guards milled about and the armoury could be seen at the end of the hall. She didn't understand why they were here still, but she gracefully made her way to the door, stopping and bowing to Harry right beside the thresholds.

18. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry followed Sasha to the door of the armoury. He entered the room without the guards seeing and waved his hand to tell Sasha to follow him inside. Within the room Harry made his way towards the glasd display in the middle of the room. Inside the display was the Winterborne fang, the royal sword which belongs to the king. Without hesitation, Harry opened the display and grabbed hold of the sword. "This sword is my birthright. It is my destiny and I will use it to claim my throne! But first I must learn to wield it. Servant girl, you have proven loyal by obeying my commands over your assigned orders. What is your name and speak free for the moment." Harry held the blade high admiring the beauty of the blade while hearing Sasha speak her mind.

19. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Oh God's above what was he doing? She should report this to the king but her feet were rooted just inside the door as she watched him take the sword out and swing it around. Her mouth was dry as he asked for her name. "uh.. Um Sasha.. Y-your majesty." it was the first time she really stumbled over her words, but she was caught so off guard by the entire thing.

There was no way she would speak her mind however, she couldn't, she shouldn't. She felt like she was caught in a rather uncomfortable spot. Before Harry could push however, there was an explosion large enough to shake the castle followed by shouting in the halls.

20. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry heard Sasha say her name but before he could respond the explosion happened. He ran to the doorway and ordered the near by guards to investigate the explosion. "Sasha! Something is happening I must see to my parents do you know of a quick way back to the ball?" Harry placed the sword ibto a scabbard and attached it to his belt in case he needed to use it or pass it on to his father.