Kingdom Hearts X [chi] Closed Beta Test (CBT) Experience

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Krowley Moderator

Since the CBT for the browser game began today, I thought I would take a few screenshots and give a brief run-through of the Beta test experience.

Starting from the tutorial, players are given limited customization options, but this is expected for the closed beta. As per usual in Kingdom Hearts games, small hint tutorials are given to help move the player along. If you don't speak Japanese, it still won't help. :/

khx_1.png khx_2.png khx_3.png khx_4.png khx_5.png
    The Beta test offers 3 worlds to visit! Dwarf Woodlands, Wonderland, and Agrabah. While there is nothing particularly different with each world, the layout and music still give it their own individual feel. While there are no well known bosses, each world has it's top dog heartless. Large Body in Dwarf Woodlands, Tornado Step in Wonderland, and Armored Soldier in Agrabah. (I myself, spent most of my time in Dwarf Woodlands)​
    khx_6.png khx_7.png khx_8.png khx_9.png khx_11.png khx_29.png khx_31.png
    The gameplay is pretty simple. Once you deck is constructed, it's "Click and attack" from there. With each level up, Missions are granted that give rewards once completed. To gather materials, open chests and fight heartless, AP is used. Once all 50 points are depleted, it can only be fully replenished by leveling, using potions, or waiting for it to refill over time (Usually 5 minutes to restore 1 AP this way...)​
    khx_10.png khx_11.png khx_13.png khx_14.png khx_16.png khx_17.png khx_18.png khx_24.png khx_27.png KHx_40.PNG
    Players' decks are made from Attack and Assist Cards. Attack cards act as your means of both attack and defense, while Assist cards increase your HP. Constructing your deck is based around 3 types of attack cards with the following icons; Sword, Wing, and Orb. Each acting as a physical attack, Air based attack, and Magical attack respectively. These cards have a cost and while we would all like to equip the strongest cards, the overall cost of each card limits you.​
    In the deck construction menu, players are able to equip, meld cards to increase the strength of other cards, or sell them. When certain materials are gained, you can even upgrade your keyblade to increase your attack strength!​
    KHx_35.PNG KHx_36.PNG KHx_37.PNG KHx_38.PNG
    Here are just a few of the cards the CBT has to offer through Treasure Chests and battle rewards;​
    khx_12.png khx_15.png khx_19.png khx_23.png khx_25.png khx_26.png khx_28.png khx_30.png
    Some of the rewards you get from missions include Moogle points and coupons. Both can be used to exchange for more rare or stronger cards. Some are fairly common, but they can always be used as melding materials.​
    KHx_33.PNG KHx_34.PNG
    Another cool aspect, is the "Encounters" that occur every 15 minutes or so. These are like the raid boss battles of the game. If you die during your first encounter, use BP to continue fighting on! (Can be replenished through Ethers or over time) So far only Darkside can be fought, and his power varies per encounter. He is very powerful and can be notched down by other members on your team. (I was randomly placed in one since I started) Teams compete with one another to see who has the most "Lux." The victors gain prizes such as Moogle Coupons.​
    khx_20.png khx_21.png khx_22.png KHx_41.PNG KHx_42.PNG KHx_43.PNG KHx_44.PNG KHx_45.PNG
    The Keyblade that players used is Called Starlight.​
    [​IMG]
    My Character
    KHx_39.PNG
    Just a Short update, if anyone can correct or offer their own experiences, please don't hesitate!​

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Mar 22, 2013.

1. A Zebra
      A Zebra
      uhhhh
      don't betas usually have NDAs?
    2. Vagineer
      Vagineer
      Two words, AWESOME!!!
    3. sora the explorer
      sora the explorer
      that is awesome where do you get it
    4. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      I wonder what sort of bosses will be in this game, aside from Darkside. Will Jafar be returning as a boss again? Will Dwarf Woodlands have an exclusive Heartless boss since it looks like Unversed will not be in this game? These are just a few things that need to be answered.
    5. Light-Rune Maven
      Light-Rune Maven
      Cool! I can't wait to see how it improves.
    6. Miles
      Miles
      Lol. "Card Get"? I thought people didn't do that anymore.
    7. Krowley
      Krowley
    8. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      I'm watching a walkthrough of the beta on Twitch.tv right now. It looks like fun! And I'm glad Dwarf Woodlands made it into the game. I hope the final version includes more worlds that weren't introduced in KH1 (Sorry Agrabah and Wonderland, but you two have been rehashed so many times that I couldn't care less over whether you were included in the game or not).
    9. Krowley
      Krowley
      Thus far, there are only 2 other world slots that say "Coming Soon." But hey, you never know.
    10. Menos Grande
      Menos Grande
      As a parallel game I guess eventually all worlds will end up in there, they are saving these new worlds, but they shall appear.
      It seems awesome, I am glad it plays like Chain Of memories.
    11. 61
      Very nice.
      Can't wait to see changes that will be made for the final version.
    12. Krowley
      Krowley
      So far, the only hard battles I've come across in each world are as follows;

Wonderland: Tornado Step
      Agrabah:Armored Knight
      Dwarf Woodlands: Large Body
    13. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Actually, from the clips of it that I saw, it's more like a turn based FF game than the CoM gameplay. The only connection between the gameplay in X and CoM is that there happen to be cards. Nothing else.
    14. KHblader
      KHblader
      This game seems a curious "new possibility" of playing KH but from what I'm reading I'm not so happy of the gameplay.
      I don't love so much the cards, not event the turn based FF game....:S I hope the newness of the game will change my opinion!
    15. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      I absolutely hate the card gameplay from CoM myself, so I was relieved it wasn't going to follow it. As for the turn based FF gameplay, I know you said you don't like it, but I really suggest giving it a chance. From what I saw, it really looks fun (but that's just my opinion). And even if you didn't like it, at least the game is free to play
    16. Krowley
      Krowley
      In this variation, you don't gt to choose the cards, for they are chosen at random.
      Out of the 9 cards, 3 are randomly chosen from each attack and are executed. 3 attack types are "Attack," "Flying Attack," and "Magic.
    17. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Wasn't there a FF that played like that? You know, where attacks are chosen at random?
    18. Krowley
      Krowley
      First post has been updated as today is the last day of the CBT.
      Overall it was a fun experience. I was lost a bit of the time, but I managed to understand what most things meant. Most trouble I had was finding materials. I could recognize the Japanese names for what world they could be found in, but most of it was experimental. I got as far as Level 9 (Which isn't that bad I think, considering the highest level I've seen is 13)
    19. KHblader
      KHblader
      Well done! I read this thread too late to check the CBT, what a shame!
      So you use the card at random? I don't know if it's better or worse than the CoM experience...maybe better because, at least, you don't have to think what card choose to decide a particular attack...I will give it a chance!