Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ is coming to North America on April 7th!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Apr 4, 2016.

1. libregkd -

After a long wait, Unchained χ is finally hitting North American shores!

The blog post includes more information regarding χ and how it fits into the Kingdom Hearts timeline but it also includes a message from Nomura:

Source

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      About damn time! I was starting to think they completely forgot about this game. Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend.
    2. ShibuyaGato
      ShibuyaGato
      Don't know what I'll be deleting to make room since Miitomo is taking up most of the remaining space on my phone, but I'm excited to see that this is FINALLY getting the localization that we need

Also super glad that we'll be getting the game itself before the movie in II.8
    3. Calxiyn
      Calxiyn
      RIP to all of the visual novels I have on my phone lol

But really I'M SO EXCITED !!! I know stuff because of Tumblr but even still like, just to play a game. I know that sounds kind of silly but I feel like I haven't just gotten into a game that wasn't for YouTube or like, a visual novel for a long time. It's just nice to be excited about something.
    4. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Also, here's a nice commemorative artwork Nomura made to celebrate the NA launch:

eb2b3a641c1c5db549572b0fee874d21.jpg
    5. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      Why can't they just do like they did with Coded and just make it for consoles/handhelds. Phones are horrible for games like this since they don't have a whole lot of memory.
    6. Misty
      Misty
      Phones have come a long way since Coded, which was developed I believe for an operating system specific to Japanese phones. Their options then were to develop it for iOS/Android, and at the time smartphone adaptation was still very low, or consoles/handhelds (eventually landing on the Nintendo DS). Smartphones and smartphone games in the years since Re:Coded have absolutely exploded and have proved a very lucrative market; even Square's ventures into it have done fairly well last I read.

I don't know how much space Unchained takes up on phones nor games in general as I don't really play any on my phone, but you can easily stick an SD card in a phone to expand its storage. Unless you're using an iPhone but, well, that's what you get with Apple.
    7. Mixt
      Mixt
      I was pretty convinced that Unchained was all the localization they were planning. Glad I was wrong.

Although I am surprised about all the concerns about memory here. I actually have several games on my phone that I've never played just because I saw some passing interest.
    8. phoenixkh93
      phoenixkh93
      !!! I'm glad to have some news finally! But when they say NA release, will it be available in the UK too? I remember all those sad years waiting for RE:CoM :S
    9. Gelatinous Ghost
      Gelatinous Ghost
      I am gonna give this a try. Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but will this be free to download/play? I don't believe I have read whether it is or isn't anywhere. ​
    10. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      It's free (with microtransactions in the game for extra stuff I believe).
    11. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I HAVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR THIS MOMENT

Interesting to note that Nomura says that Back Cover will only be an hour-long cinematic. Makes sense, though, as the plot in the game has only recently been really taking off.

On the subject of Back Cover, it's worth it to note that the overlap between it and χ is going to be pretty sparse, as the Foretellers have only had a few key (heh) appearances in χ. (Back Cover also begs the question, now that I think about it, if there will be a "canonical" main χ character that belongs to a specific Union in the game.)

TIME TO CHOOSE A UNION TO JOIN OH BOY

(Also, just wanna say that the game's microtransactions only cover some exclusive cosmetic items afaik)
    12. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      Or you're like me and have a Droid Maxx that doesn't let you use an SD card either. Now I'm going to have to figure out what songs to delete from my phone, since they take up a majority of space and I only have 2.6 GB left to use in total.

Hope it's not boring or slow though, because since it's part of the KH story, I'm going to want to play it like crazy
    13. Krowley
      Krowley
      I hope they have a generous reward system like in the browser version. I never had to worry about AP or BP because I had hundreds of potions and ethers in stock. Whatever the case, I know what I'm downloading on Thursday!