Kingdom Hearts to appear in Japan Expo 2013

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Chevalier, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Chevalier Crystal Princess

slide (4).jpg

SQUARE ENIX France has posted on their facebook that both Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts will be at "full force" during the japan expo.

For those wondering, the Japan Expo is an event that covers Japanese culture---video games being a great part of it. SQUARE ENIX key staff such as Yoshinori Kitase, Motomu Toriyama, Naoki Yoshida and Shinji Hashimoto will make an appearance.

Japan Expo will be from July 4th to July 7th.

What do you think? Will they show something new in regards to Kingdom Hearts? Will we see more of 1.5 or something else? Tell me your thoughts by posting! ; >

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Chevalier, Jun 5, 2013.

1. kingdomheartsgeek
      kingdomheartsgeek
      Expect some KH news soon. And perhaps news about Kingdom Hearts 3.
      But nothing is sure yet
    2. A Zebra
      A Zebra
      If it's Japan, I'd guess that it'll be something new, considering 1.5 is old news over there
    3. RifleRiku
      RifleRiku
      If it's new it'll probably be 2.5 if I had to guess. And as for Final Fantasy, Versus XIII wouldn't surprise me. That seems like full force. It'd certainly grab my attention.
    4. kngdmhrts2
      kngdmhrts2
      I think it's better that we wait until after E3 before we start assuming what's gonna be at Japan Expo, which is just a regular convention in France, chances of anything being announced there is low.

So if 2.5 or 3 is announced at E3, then it's likely something for them will be at JE, if not then it probably will be just footage/trailer/demos of 1.5.
    5. CloudStrife2k9
      CloudStrife2k9
      Like what Hatok said, it's not 1.5. That's long passed over there.

So I expect 2.5 and POSSIBLY a teaser trailer for the Detox of video games (KH3).

Also, if Versus isn't at E3, it'll be at this Japan Expo thing.
    6. Hiro ✩
      Hiro ✩
      Hopefully it's Versus. I couldn't care less for KH3 right now since I know that won't start production until VSXIII is at a certain point.
    7. Menos Grande
      Menos Grande
      KH 2.5... but we might dream about KH 3 right? Like they noticed "Oh no! Ps3 is dying, we really should skip all the other games and come back to KH III only to make it to Ps3!" ç.ç
    8. 61
      Can't wait to see what it is, but as usual I'm going to reserve judgement.
    9. dymitr
      dymitr
      I'm betting on a teaser trailer for KH3
    10. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Lol at the people here expecting KH3 to be announced at a not so big event in Paris. There's a much better chance of it being announced at E3, and I know that for a fact it won't be announced then. And don't expect an announcement for 2.5 until TGS guys.
    11. kngdmhrts2
      kngdmhrts2

Thank you. That's basically what I was saying on my post up above but it seemed to go unnoticed.
    12. Light-Rune Maven
      Light-Rune Maven
      I can only hope and pray it will be something relevant to either series, even if it isn't KH 3 which we have covered as not being released in the basic convention. Still I want SOMETHING important. Maybe a spin-off where you can make a custom character.... But then again that would infuriate me and a whole lot of other people if they intended to release ANOTHER spin-off before 3. Whatever, I just want KH to move on. I guess 2.5 would be nice, but I can't even get 1.5. (I don't have a ps3) So it wouldn't matter as much to me.
    13. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      I'm guessing we'll probably get something about 2.5 Hd Remix, and maybe even the next game in the series, although that's improbable. For Final Fantasy, hopefully it's something for Versus XIII, and maybe the next game in the series.

I'm just hoping for some good news from this, but at the same time I'm also not expecting too much.
    14. super_rocker_90
      super_rocker_90
      well there is 3 possibility's one : 2.5 HD remix 2 : kingdom hearts 3 3: or most possible another worthless side story.....
    15. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee

no, no, and no, because nobody even cares for Japan Expo like they do E3 or TGS. I can guarantee the ONLY thing KH-related at the event will be 1.5 HD ReMix stuff (plus an appearance by Yoko Shimomura)
    16. Ars Nova
      Ars Nova
      Here's the thing though.

They could be announcing VXIII at those events.

Hell, maybe they'll announce 2.5 at this expo and 3 at E3. It'd be fitting on multiple levels. Including the level where they always jump the gun and announce a game in a series while earlier entries are just coming out and well before they can give a release date or even gameplay footage
    17. Menos Grande
      Menos Grande
      It will be difficult to announce 2.5 at E3 as 1.5 isn't out in US... probably they will do something in Japan...
      But OMG they are sure Lazy ain them? A game that is basicaly ready with all voices already record and EVEN than they still take a year to come overseas? It is 2013 they can't do this anymore even Pokemon had a world release! Not only that I don't see any god of war game or whatever taking 1 year to go to japan even though is more difficult to adapt.
    18. Krowley
      Krowley
      Schedule has been posted, 1.5 HD reMix is expected to make an appearance;
      http://eu.square-enix.com/fr/blog/japan-expo-2013-conferences-et-dedicaces-exceptionnelles

19. Ars Nova
      Ars Nova
      So uh. Little off topic for this thread but. Just noticed that I totally called it.

I even called the bit where its announcement was premature, actually. Though we did technically see gameplay.

But it sounds like they're pretty set on 1.5 being the main course for this expo. Oh well, any news is good news.