Kingdom Hearts: The Final War, Light vs Dark

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

Kingdom Hearts has kept the balance between good and evil for centuries now. But the time draws near for it to choose only one. It will open it's doors and give it's power to only one side, light or dark. This power is greater then previously imagined and everyone wants it. When one side prevails it will grand that side the power to completely wipe out the other side. But there is a time limit on this. If one side doesn't show it's power by a certain time both sides will be lost to nothingness along with the worlds. Time is running short with only a couple months left to show their power, the wielders must work and train hard to prove that they are the best.

It has been a good 20 years since Sora and his friends had ended their adventures, but now a new threat of war lingers in the air. There is a desperate struggle for both beings of light and of dark to find more people and make their armies stronger. They turn to those who are lost or have no preference, trying to persuade them that their way is the best way. Some may choose light and others darkness. Others may stay indecisive for some time before making their choice. All the young wielders need practise before the war though. Many of them are just learning how to use their keyblades, some are more experienced then others. But none of them are prepared for what they face ahead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The RP : http://kh-vids.net/threads/the-final-war-light-vs-dark.135979/

Rules
    • No swearing
    • No godmodding
    • Keep it pg13
    • Don't join if you don't have time to RP please
    • Please keep posts over 3 sentences long
    • No killing off others characters without their permission please
    • No walls of text. It is hard to read, so please break it up in paragraphs
    • I will be the only one allowed to remind people of a post and this will be private. No posting in the RP or OOC reminding people to post. This can get on peoples nerves so restrain from doing it please.
    • If we are waiting on one person, after two days I will move past if the plot line permits it without people getting left to far behind.
    • NPC's are to be controlled by me only in most circumstances. You may request permission to use one for a certain part but you must run it by me first.
    • Heartless and nobodies may be controlled by players, but only small ones and only against NPC's not against other players. The only exception to this is during a set battle you may take control of the heartless in the post for its attacks as long as you keep it realistic and it is attacking your character.
    • Killing off your own character is fine but if you do you cannot replace them. Whether the character is dead or alive doesn't matter towards your character limit. You may change out a character if they have not been introduced yet.
    • Any ideas that will majorly effect plot I ask you to run by me first to ensure no one is stepping on others feet and such or accidentally messing with something they shouldn't.
    You may choose whether you want to Join the light side or the dark side or be in between. The people on the dark or light side may have a keyblade, the people in between can have a weapon of their choice and upgrade to a keyblade after choosing a side.
    Character Sheets
    *You are allowed 4 characters each.
    Username:
    Character name:
    Side:
    Personality:
    Weapon:
    Element (You may choose one):
    Starting world(not a disney world):
    Additional information:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Characters
    Username: Cloud<3
    Character name: Sapphire
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]

Side: In between
    Personality: Quiet, aggressive, independent, un-trusting, keeps to herself
    Weapon: sword, and a dagger
    Element (You may choose one): ice
    Starting world (not a disney world): Twilight Town
    Additional information: Sapphire is a young thief who only does what she does because she has to not because she wants to. Despite that she still enjoys a good fight every once and a while. She struggles with the dark inside of her not wanting to give in to it but likes the power she feels it gives her. Although she comes off strong and confident she really is only a scared little kid at heart who never got a proper child hood due to her parents dieing at a young age and her sister running off. Her brother had been sent off a few years before that and she had no way of contacting him.
    Character name: Louvel
    Appearance: here
    Side: Light
    Personality: Confident, strong leader, intelligent, doesn't like to be bothered, willing to step back and let others do their own thing and will only step in when needed.
    Weapon: oblivion
    Element (You may choose one): fire
    Starting world(not a disney world): Twilight Town
    Additional information: Has trained in the use of a keyblade for most of his life. He was sent off to start his training at a young age forced to leave his two sisters and his parent behind him. He has not returned since. Although he knows a lot there is still much for him to learn.

Character name: Moonflow
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]

Side: dark
    Personality: outgoing, bossy, selfish, uncaring, defensive
    Weapon: rapture
    Element (You may choose one): wind
    Additional information: After her parents died, she left her young sister to fend for herself as she ran off to do her own thing. This attitude got her in with the wrong crowd and attracted the attention of a few. These people trained her up in the ways of darkness as well as helping her learn the way of the keyblade. Eventually Moonflow got sick of them and went off on her own. She has been wandering for world to world ever since.
    This is my first RP I have made so please be patient with me if I end up changing something or if something isn't right.
    Inspired by Re: Remnant of Wielders
    The RP will be posted as soon as I have enough people signed up.
    A thanks to Rienzel for helping me come up with a plot for this rp. More will be revealed as soon as it gets going

2. CrownMoksha Decimo

Username: Master of Keyblade
    Character name: Keel Striker
    Age 18
    Appearance: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/118/b/d/kingdom_hearts_oc_by_xonesquikiox-d3f3e1q.png
    Personality: Calm, cool, collected and courageous
    Weapon: Redemption
    Element (You may choose one): Fire
    Additional information: Often hangs around the clock tower, He self trained himself into wielding the keyblade. Since he doesn't talk to others much, he's usually does things by himself.

Username: Master of Keyblades
    Character name: Xross Hex
    Age 19
    Appearance: http://fav.me/d46wbbk
    Side: Dark
    Personality: Cold and Calculative, he sees others as pawns to obtain his goals
    Weapon: Lost Memory
    Element (You may choose one): Water
    Additional information: He willingly abandoned the light to obtain the powers of darkness.

3. Aelin Best Waifu

Accepted

4. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Username: Nights
    Character name: Night Farron (no relation)
    Appearance: Here
    Personality: Friendly but serious. Doesn't care who you are, if he wants to be friends then he'll be friends. If it gets down to it though, he knows when it's time to stop having fun.
    Weapon: Dark Kingdom Key (Just a plain kingdom key with a darkness theme)
    Element (You may choose one): Light (Does that count?)
    Starting world(not a disney world): New Bodhum (FF XIII-2)
    Additional information: Though he was born with the element Light, he chose to go down the path of darkness hoping to fight fate. He's definitely made an impact on the order of things, after all everyone told him he would make a great Light soldier when he got older. Sadly, it was only several days after he joined the Dark side that he found out his friend had joined the Light. His best friend since they were children, in fact they had always talked of how they would join the ranks together. This sent him into a sort of seclusion to his own little world, realizing that fate was cruel. He decided from that moment on he'd fight fate at every turn.

Username: Nights
    Character name: Lumina Lunara
    Appearance: Here
    Personality: She's very clumsy, and may look cute and innocent, but when it comes down to it she can do what she has to. At times her entire personality changes from that of the normal sweet and innocent girl, to one of a very old battle worn warrior. When she's in her normal state, she is very easy to get along with. She loves making friends.
    Weapon: Light Kingdom Key (Just a plain kingdom key with a light theme)
    Element (You may choose one): Dark
    Starting world(not a disney world): New Bodhum (FF XIII-2)
    Additional information: Nights only and best friend for many years, she somehow managed to end up on the Light side. Her clumsy nature was sure to be part of it. Though it was the Dark side she wanted to join, she now proudly fights for the Light. She still tries to talk to Nights every now and then, but she never gets the chance to catch him.

5. Aelin Best Waifu

Accepted

The story has been updated a bit since I posted it yesterday.

6. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Username:Odamadillo
    Character name: Oda Dex Madillo
    Age 21
    Appearance: [​IMG]
    Personality: He is a mysterious man who trusts no one. He would most likely betray anyone even people on his own side.
    Weapon: Way of the dawn Keyblade and a Plain Black sword
    Element : Darkness
    Starting world: Twilight town
    Additional information: He is a mute who plays his harmonica in any situation. Through his music you can hear the message he is trying to send.

Username:Odamadillo
    Character name: Spine Spiax Freajence
    Appearance:[​IMG]

Personality: Spine is curious man who seeks answers to everything. He is most likely to ask questions first and strike second. Very calm in most situations.
    Weapon: Two Daggers and Lionheart Keyblade
    Element: Wind
    Starting world: Twilight Town
    Additional information: Spine is an orphan who finds the subject of parenthood distracting. He would rather read a book than fight if he had the choice.

7. Aelin Best Waifu

Accepted

8. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

I apologize for the late character sheets, cloud<3

Username: Reinzel
    Character name: R
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Side: Darkness
    Personality: Emotionless, unphased by nearly anything, Yet surprisingly kind to his allies. And only his allies
    Weapon: Varies
    Element (You may choose one): Darkness
    Starting world(not a Disney world): End of the World
    Additional information: If worlds are sentient beings, with hearts in of their own, surely when one loses it's heart to the darkness, a heartless must be created as well, right? This is true, yet what the heartless was...not what you'd expect. In the chaos created by Ansem, Xehanort's heartless, when he destroyed the keyholes of many worlds, the heartless of a world was born. It's name was R, and had the appearance of a human. Rather than acting on instinct alone, like other heartless, he had conscious thought, and was capable of intellectual conversation, much like Ansem. He does not see light or dark as inherently evil, simply two sides to the same coin. A coin that's been flipped over a bed of hot coals. only one can land face up and be spared.

Username: Reinzel
    Character name: Beucefilous
    Appearance:
    [​IMG] except wearing a red trench coat
    Personality: Cocky, playful, kind of a smartass, rarely serious.
    Weapon: Guardian soul
    Element (You may choose one): Fire
    Starting world(not a disney world): Radient garden
    Additional information: lives alone in Radient garden, up to now his life has been rather uneventful, even though he has the keyblade. Once kingdom hearts said that it was going to choose a side, rather than seeing that as a crisis, he saw it as an opportunity for some fun.

9. Aelin Best Waifu

Accepted

Will post the RP soon.

10. Username: Guess
    Character name: Zayed Rouge
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]Although with blond hair and red eyes, a bit better well built a long light blue coat with a black suit of armor like[​IMG] only the chest piece being flat, the waist point flat, and no hat, form fitting. A bit tanner.
    Personality: Slightly insecure, but trusting and friendly. Kinda laid back
    Weapon:
    Element (You may choose one): Water
    Starting world(not a disney world): A boring world known as Las Vegas
    Additional information: He is a well trained and powerful Knight from Las Vegas, having had his Keyblade from the age of three. He lived a happy life until he was 12 when his parents were maliciously slaughtered by a gang of Heartless. He had a niece, but he hasn't seen her in years after CPS separated them. When he was tired of living in foster care, he ran away.

11. Aelin Best Waifu

Accepted

RP is up: http://kh-vids.net/threads/the-final-war-light-vs-dark.135979/

12. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    Username: Ego Imperium
    Character Name: Faust Baneheart
    Appearance:

[​IMG]
    Side: In-Between
    Personality: In every war fought through the ages, there has been a party seeking to capitalize on the conflict and carnage. Faust Baneheart is, perhaps, that person in this age's war between Light and Darkness. He stands as a conniving, underground figure, and has already augmented his image with many strands of ill-repute. His mentality is a blend of a businessman and a military man with slight hints of a joker. This mentality is marked by a cutthroat approach to just about every situation and a relentless tactical disposition. And in the process, he hasn't forgotten his sense of humor either. He's rather rude to most people. His truest loyalties remain, to this day, unknown, as he seems to wander back and forth between ideologies of Light and Dark beings on a whim.
    Weapon: Faust relies on the amorphous brand of energy provided by his element, with which he is able to forge into the semblance of common weaponry, amongst other forms.
    Element: Nothingness
    Starting World: Twilight Town
    Additional information: It is a little known fact that Faust in fact lost his Heart several years ago. But it wasn't a tragic event in the slightest. It was a planned sacrifice on his part, which he walked into without even the slightest hint of a second thought. Believing that his Heart was holding him back from something more profitable, he willingly allowed for the Heartless to consume him. He gave into them, forfeiting his Heart without a struggle. Since that day, he has faded into something of a drifter, wandering the worlds, and working as a mercenary for various people. In the war that's unfolding, he has positioned himself, presently, amongst the forces of Light, having offered them his assistance in one operation or another for a "generous fee."

13. Aelin Best Waifu

accepted, feel free to join in at any time.

14. Aelin Best Waifu

Okay guys no one is immune to the tune, so if you are in the tunnels then you are effected by it

15. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

Unless one happens to have the mental fortitude to keep their mind thinking clearly. I kinda need my character to confront people; particularly the ones trying to sway neutrals.

16. CrownMoksha Decimo

I'll have my other character meet up with you then.

17. Aelin Best Waifu

This trance thing will only last a short amount of time, and even if you were immune to it everyone else would still be effected by the music and wouldn't respond to you. It is a bit of a stretch I know but if you really didn't want to be effected by in you could say you didn't quite make it into the tunnels yet but then you would have to stay out of them until after that part. Also if you don't want to totally reveal your past you can make a general description and leave the details or whatever for later.

18. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

My tune Trance is a unique spell only Oda can use, I made it happen for one reason STARSEEKER! He revealed information in the Rp That he is not supposed to know so i made this happen so it is down to US to reveal information about our characters. And I will warn you all now do not interfere with my Characters by revealing details that have been mentioned in their trances. If you do you will be added to my list of people to never rp with again. Granted making himself immune to sound if fair but fighting off the effects is NOT! Even Oda himself is effected so NO ONE should be immune by saying you are it is god modded in my book. Also Star grabbed people from the tunnels? Did you ask if you could do that? I don't think so! So I will say this Here Spine will remain in the tunnels! If he was one of the ones you intended to pick up then edit your post to remove him from the list because he will remain! So listen up I have little patience for people who try to interfere with my characters or what they own. So take this warning and DO NOT EVER attempt to touch Oda's harmonica that is strictly forbidden!

19. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

In all fairness, Starseeker's character overheard quite a bit at the clock tower; enough for his character to have made some inferences, though most of it was made obvious by R's conversation with the siblings. He just didn't have to have his character go blabbing about it. In any case, being upset with one person is no reason to go on a hypnotic spree against the whole cast. We don't need a trance for people to reveal their characters' past(s); that should happen naturally as the RP progresses.

Fair enough.

And in my book, saying that there's no way to resist the spell, or otherwise break oneself from the effects, to any extent, is a godmod and a powerplay. It's more than reasonable for someone to will themselves to break through a trance; it's psionics, a manner of mind control, for the most part. There's always a way around and/through magic of all kinds; you'd need a damn good reason to argue otherwise.

Not my battle. So no comment.

This is coming from one that just interfered with every other character in the RP.

It sounds to me that Roleplaying isn't the activity for you then. I can just as well say that I didn't much like the idea of my character being interfered with by the trance. I could say that most of the others probably didn't want their characters being trapped in a trance either, because it interfered with their plans.

But being interfered with is part of Roleplaying. One way or another, your character WILL have his toes stepped on by another character, especially in an RP like this where everyone will eventually be fighting, and one side working to impede the other constantly. RPing is about collaboration, working together with other creative minds to create a story. So being 'interfered' with is a natural process.

By saying what you've said, you sound pretty stuck-up, like no one has any business or even permission getting in your character's way. But once the real action starts, there's gonna be a lot getting in his way. And once other characters realize the importance of the harmonica, it's gonna become a target for sabotage and theft, which you've no business or authority to tell people off for attempting to do. It's there in the open, and if someone just so happens to decide that their character wants to try to disarm it, then you'll have to keep it safe the old fashion way, or come up with something that can legitimately keep it from falling into the wrong hands.

I'm sorry if this all comes off as condescending towards you. But a lot of what you've said there is a bit ridiculous, and kind of hypocritical in some places.

20. 1 R is not in the tunnel, so therefor he wouldn't hear the tune to fully reveal it. 2 he thought it, not said it aloud. This really makes that point irrelevant. 3rd and finally, it is stated in the OC sheet. Since it is, it was free knowledge. If you don't want people to know things, you don't put them where others can read them. Its also safe to assume that as Ego stated. Next point of interest. That is god modding and power playing, as Ego said. I actually want to reveal his story much later as a plot interest/twist. Make sure that the other people involved in a major event like this are Okay with it instead of just asking the leader. Even if the leader has final rule, it is better to have the final ruling be done by them and after you get permit from the other charterers. This may sound like I am being hypocritical, but here is the difference: A role play is suppose to mirror the actions you would normally preform. When I had my charter leave, he was able to save the others and thus he did. Its a common decency thing, and a moral thing more importantly and it makes more sense story wise. If it were that he was able to slowly and drunkenly like leave the tunnel, it would make sense to just leave them, but as I did not want to reveal the past of my character yet, I didn't. More importantly, only the people in the group that were reachable by my character (Clouds who was first down) were grabbed. If your character managed to make it father then the rest of them, then he or she was not removed and I can fix that, but you did not state that any of your charterers were farther than Cloud's or drop me a message and politely ask for me to edit it so that you would not include him/her that is fine. Next time you just get angry and post a rage reply instead of just handling it like a level headed person, I fill find a mod. I don't deal with people who cannot control their own anger responsibly and this is written proof that you cannot. And how or why would we? My character can read minds, yes, but without knowing who he is targeting and where he is makes this impossible and thus no one but your charter knows their past as they did not story tell it, but thought it. Next, my charter was not immune to the affects. His reaction to it was a natural reflex to shut out the sound, and as the song is not heard, the spell cannot affect someone. That is how sound biased magic works. Plane and simple. Next, I think your not in the right place, man. Your suppose to be able to handle the fact that your character will be messed with in an RP, not just freak out if they do something. Now if the harmonica could only be lifted by Oda, like Thor's hammer, then that is a valid way to state why no one else has it. IF the harmonica is enchanted to hurt anyone besides Oda when they touch it, it gives you valid reason to deny them access to the harmonica. Like Ego stated, it is going to be a target and thus you must deal with this ratonally rather than just yell and scream and kick because someone touched your imaginary Harmonica (Insert picture of Prof. Oak saying "Come into my Whit lab little boy! I have Pokémon for you").[DOUBLEPOST=1357151546][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Mostly this.[DOUBLEPOST=1357151734][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Mostly this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.