Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Krowley Moderator

Shiro gave a few hardy claps before looking at his watch. "Well i say thats a good time to rest up..." he turned his head to find Ventus slowly pulling into view. "Hello young Ventus! How goes your own training? Care to partake in the next course?" Hr smiled.

2. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Ventus looked at the people who had just finished the course and wondered if it was going to be just as tough as training with Orion. "My training with Orion is done," he called to Shiro. "I guess now is time for the... obstacle course..." he trailed off as he looked to the side when he saw not one A.J.'s, but two A.J.'s. Huh?! He rubbed at his eyes and looked again, wondering what in the world was going on exactly. Why were there two of them?!

3. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

AJBanner.png

He was getting quite tired of chasing himself. Something had to change but he was not sure what. Farsighted was looking back at him not paying attention. At this point he cast blizzard onto the ground of past Ven and himself. Farsighted then tripped and feel slipping onto the ice. He tripped because of the scarf that was around him failing down too. Farsighted slid to the other wall hitting it with a thud. He reached Farsighted and touched him on the shoulder. There was a light and Farsighted disappeared and the crystal fell to the ground. He piked it up and the crystal fused with the other one. He looked back at Ven who had a confused look on his face. He was not sure what to say. "Um I do know what is going on or how to explain it." He still could vary well be still in the pod and this was part of the dream. "I woke up and saw several of myself running around. I have to find the rest of myself I guess?" For now this was all he had to go on so it was all he could tell Ven.

(2/7 found) {dedicated, Farsighted}

4. ClearzerO Merlin's Housekeeper

"I lay there, trapped in the haze that I created. A monster, this is how I see myself. It's what I was, what I am. Right? But yet, how was I seeing this?"
    Quill's vision was split like a cracked mirror. One side looking on the ground, seeing dying forest around him. Yet the other floated above him, looking down at himself like a separate part of Quill. Yet something caught both their attentions, the rustling in the empty forest. Barely seen was someone in the distance, someone walking among the decay and death Quill brought. He pleading for forgiveness, to spare him the judgement he knew he deserved. Yet the person didn't look angry or shocked, he simply smiled.

"And then he approached me, still smiling without a care. No, there was compassion there. The expression he gave was vague but...he saw past my horrors. Then I felt his hand on my shoulder."
    Quill felt the hand of this strange almost luminescent man touch his shoulder and it seemed to all melt away. As if he was telling Quill...to let go. Tears streamed down his face and the etheral man joined me in crying. Yet this wasn't in sadness, but in joy to feel this pressure let go. His ideations of his hate and despair simply to go free, the corruption of his body began to reverse. The mutation returned to it's original state, as the man lifted him to his feet.

"So he took me by my hand and guided me out of the forest, into a bright light. The last thing I saw was him letting out a jubilant chuckle, ruffling his sky blue hair. Then you woke me Master Yen Sid."
    Quill dropped out of the pod some minutes ago, leaning on the old wizard for help. He was simply drained of energy but felt somehow a little lighter. After explaining the gist of what he could remember from his training, the old master seemed to stroke his beard and ruminate on the information. Sitting outside the room now, Quill waited for Kaida to be done. He couldn't imagine what she was going through but if he was half as bad as what Quill went through, a helping hand wouldn't be too bad.

5. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Kel felt thankful for Ven's arrival as it actually gave them time to rest that Shiro surely would've cut short otherwise. So he gave Ven a weak wave to show both his appreciation and to acknowledge that he was here and not too long after his hand plopped back onto the ground and he was back to resting. For a brief moment, he thought he'd seen more than one AJ, but wasn't in the right state of being to try and make heads or tails of it.

6. Krowley Moderator

Some time had passed as Shiro gave them a very generous amount of cooldown time. "Very impressive thus far. This 3 part course has been known make and break powerful wielders, but I'm glad to see you all persevering and honing to your strengths... the final test is quite simple. Stay on the raft for 10 minutes." Shiro led the four of them to a long and thick board of wood in the middle of the simulation room. The raft was a very plain 10x10 foot square piece of wood. Thick enough to hold their combined. The four wielders each picked a side of the board to stand on as the room started filling up with water. Shiro left the room and watched behind a wall of glass.

The water begin filling in more rapidly as the wielders began to shift in balance. You've shown endurance and strength.. lets see your adaptability...." the water quickly rose higher and higher as the waves were beginning to push and pull the raft, causing the four of them to constantly be moving their feet. "This storm will test your resolve to stay in control!" He yelled passed the window. "If one of you falls everyone fails! Keyblades can't be used. Neither can magic. Straight up roughing it!"

A large crack of thunder was heard as clouds began to form overhead. "There will also be thunder! Good luck!" He said giving a thumbs up. A ten minute timer was set as the crashing waves were already making things difficult...

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Karina followed Shiro to the raft that they were to do their final test. At least it wasn't that damn obstacle course again. "Alright lets get this over with." She said. She hoped that everyone would be able to hold their own because she didn't particularly feel like trying to save them. She didn't know if she even if she tried. Though at first it didn't seem too bad. Even with the storm Karina managed to hold her ground pretty well, shifting her knees to match the shifting of the waves. When the thunder cracked however that is when things went down hill. Karina flinched away from it and nearly lost her balance as it cracked again. She tried to keep the small amount of fear off her face, but she really hated the sound. For some reason it tended to remind her of her fathers booming voice as he yelled at her. She couldn't help but flinch away from it and want to protect herself. She glanced to the others and hoped that they wouldn't notice as she kept trying to keep her balance.

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

"Oh no." Due to the events the past two times Kel had been on either a raft or a shift, the fact that their final test was balancing on one bothered him a lot more than it normally would've and the storm only made it worse. He could do this, he just had to stand on the edge and not fall off despite how very clear it was how on edge this was putting him on which had a small effect on his balance. He could hear his dad's parting words on how a Siegend never loses their cool and realize that this wasn't at all where he'd thought that this would be put to the test.

9. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

AJBanner.png

After telling Ven about what was going on somewhat it was time to go looking for the rest of the others. He figured that the rest might be somewhere near so of the other sos members. Seeing as Kel, Ven, Faust and Karina were here then that would me he should look for someone else. So he left the area starting to look for someone.

Tryhard stood overlooking the raft test.

lazy who had been there for some time looked to be sleeping next to a wall right next to Quill.

studeous Who had been still writing note standing by Beuce looked up with a shocked look on his face and took a step back into the shadows somewhat but was still standing there writing everything that was going on.

Contestant was walking down a hall trying to not be spotted he rounded a corner spotting AJ rounding the corner in front of him and took off back the way he came.

10. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Beuce as he was walking back, noticed someone skulking in the shadows. Beuce summoned his keyblade, only to dismiss it once he realized who it was. "Oh, sorry. I didn't realize it was you. What are you doing here AJ? Anything I can do for you?" The man asked, a bit concerned about the fact AJ would be hiding from him. ​

11. Feliex Merlin's Housekeeper

[​IMG]

Just as the Faust began to feel the numbness began to fade that the hopefully last trail of the obstical course had started and the room began to fill with water leaving him and the others toi try and ride out the clock on a wooden raft in a storm. The shifting of the raft wasn’t hard to keep balance with with his past experiences with his acts though the thunder rumbling overhead did worry him quite a bit. If it was mainly just his failure he felt that it would be a loss he wouldn’t have cared too much for. Merely just a coin fil that lady luck had struck out against him with but this time it felt off for him. Something inside him felt like it wasn’t enough for him to just take this test sitting down so as the raft began to rock and the water churn he began to start to unravel the silk bandages on his arms. “Even if magic is off the table I still have a few tricks on my sleeves as it were” Faust said to himself as he looped the lengths of the bandage around his hands and a corner of the raft as he strained his scared muscles, digging in heels leaning back to try and brace himself in the downpour that surround them.

12. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    The process of diving down after the boy first started as automatic before she learned that she had to embrace the idea of adaptation. She wasn't going to get different results repeating the same thing over and over again anyway, so she began to test how long her stops could last for and how much longer that gave her air. For each repeat, she grew better at timing when to stop. Sometimes she stopped for longer than she would have expected. It began with instinctual stops before the girl began to plan ahead. She knew she'd die this round, but in the next round she would know to stop before she hit the water so she could breathe a larger breath. Kaida would drown if she waited until she was close to stop, so she had to keep consistently going when they were at the same distance. At least until her timing got so good she was definitely getting a great deal closer.

Kaida noticed that as this went, she was getting closer to the ocean floor. And what was perhaps 10 or 20 attempts later, she reached the point where the blue haired boy touched the ocean floor at quite a distance from her and held a hand up to her as if to take. But gasping out resulted in her drowning right then.

Her pattern of stopping and swimming grew perfect as she dove down. A final stop allowing her to give her all to reaching them. As she reached out she finally grabbed their hand and went to pull up, but the figure used their strength to pull her down until she hit to ocean floor heavily. Like water was no longer keeping her afloat and gravity pulled her down as if she was in air. And she could breathe too. Was it an air bubble? It didn't seem so. Her clothes floated. But the ocean seemed still, like when she stopped time. So it must have stopped. But she didn't do it.

As she sat up she looked up towards the blue haired figure, it was dark down on the ocean floor with the exception of light coming from some of the underwater fauna. She tried to focus her eyes in as she stood up and walked closer, "A... are you...?"
    But when she was within a foot of them, the figure began to distort, making her stand a little guarded as the hair turned from blue to blonde and the clothes began to change. The height got a little smaller to match her's. Their eyes were closed, but when they opened to look at her, a smirk appeared on their face, "You made it."

Kaida looked at the reflection of herself a bit confused, looked up towards the top of the ocean looking frustrated, before finally looking back at her reflection in disappointment, "Really?"
    The reflection snickered and said, "I'm not quite sure why you have that look on your face. You followed me all the way here. Granted, that took infinitely longer than I would have liked. But it was enlightening in a way. Who knew someone could die from drowning in so many variations. But you're here, and now I've got a task for you."

"Task...?" Kaida had been so focused so long on trying to save the drowning boy that she had completely forgotten as a realization hit her eyes, "Right... my task was-"
    "-At the bottom of the ocean."
    "So the sinking body-"
    "-was bait. I mean I couldn't get you to swim otherwise."

Kaida looked confused as she said, "But the blue hair... it was... familiar."
    "I don't know anything about blue hair. I took the form of something your mind desperately wanted to keep a latch on. An insecurity." The reflection chose to elaborate.
    "You didn't chose Aux or Seiza?"
    "I could have. But I didn't want that specific emotional drive. I wanted the curious you, not the panicked you... so..." the reflection raised their hand and smirked, "...your task!"

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  13. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

AJBanner.png

He ran after Contestant into a room where there were ropes, monkey bars and a lot of other things. It looked like it was used recently. Contestant rand onto the course swinging across a pit using a room. He had no chocise but to follow himself so headed onto the course.

Studeous looked up at Beuce then back down and wrote down on his notes 'when threatened or scared summon a keyblade.' He looked back to Beuce with a blank stare and waited for Beuce to do something else. He might have been acting odd but information is key after all. He would continue to study these people and wright down everything he saw.

14. Krowley Moderator

Central Haven Detention Centre

DJ sat across from Alex on the other side of the holding cell. Th two of them sat silently as DJ tried to speak but nothing come out of his mouth.
    "Man, you suck at interrogation..." Alex scoffed.
    DJ looked down at his tablet. "Well I'm not exactly in love with the idea of this either. Besides, not like you'd ever give up willingly."
    "You don't know what I'd do," he replied in offense.
    "Once upon a time, I could've... Now? You're just gonna keep defying me regardless of what I think is best for everyone!"
    "It's always about what you think, right? Look where that got you..."
    "ME?! You're the one in prison?!"
    "Yeah, not one on one though. You against me, I'd win every time..."
    "YES! Happy?! You win Alex! You're stronger than me! You're the better wielder! You always were! Does that satisfy you? You can stop being such a prick now?!"
    Alex remained quiet for a moment. "You weren't even trying..."
    DJ clenched his fists. "I don't know what it is you want, but THIS. Stops now. Whatever problems you have with me stop now. Tell me what you want from me. Ever since I joined the order, all you've done is badger me for it. What did you want a seat at the table? Take it! There's literally 3 slots open now, you get to be the big hotshot if that's what you want."
    Alex stayed quiet, glaring at his former friend.

"What do you want?!" DJ barked at him.
    Another few seconds passed before Alex spoke again. "I don't know anymore... I joined this group because I thought, If I could keep up, then I could join your rank. Not feel like I was left behind again."
    "What do you mean 'again,' I never went anywhere!"
    "Yes you did. All your time was to that stupid order... Your dad worked for them, and so you did to. Then you joined them. Then we hung out less, then whenever I tried to confront you, you were working on some stupid project." DJ settled down after hearing this confession. "Beating you didn't make me feel better, and those red society dorks are way too intense.. So I gave up. Plain and simple." Alex scoffed for a brief moment. "It's sad that this is the longest we've talked in years... Well go ahead... let the lecture continue," he shrugged.

DJ stood for a moment before stepping into the other room and pulling out a guitar.
    "You... still have that?" Alex asked in shock.
    He handed the guitar to Alex as he accepted it. "I adjusted the watt outage to match your thunder aura... One of those dumb projects I was working on."
    Alex began to strum some of the strongs as a light green hue emanated from the axe guitar.
    "After my Dad died, I wanted to make sure his life's work wasn't in vein. I just got lost between life and work, I guess... I know we still have a lotta stuff to hash out, but everyone needs your help. I need your help.. I know of the Red Society, but I need to know the names of anyone from the Hellfire Club... "
    Alex looked down at his axe where he carved their makeshift band name 'Lockdown.'

"You're a smart guy. Who says I cant just keep the guitar and let you figure it it 'Dwayne."
    "Because I know your not that big a *kupo* 'Alester'..."
    "Well I ain't helpin, so tough."
    "Yes you are."
    "Piss off."
    "Alphabetical, if you could. Oh and their homeworld co-ordinates would be major," He said, jotting down on his pad.
    "Stop that!"
    "Stop what?"
    "You KNOW What!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

The reflection lowered it's hand to point at Kaida and said, "You must overcome your fear of the future."

The blonde stood there a moment to process before laughing and saying, "Really? It's not like I have anxiety or anything. I'm not afraid of the future." but the reflection smirked for a moment before it fell and looked at her in full seriousness, "No. You do. You don't necessarily fear the way you think you do. You fear what could happen. The possibilities placed in front of you. Time tends to help you learn. You grew to stop fearing the past, you've conquered the fear of the present. But futures... no. You'd stick to the present to avoid futures you aren't ready to face."

Kaida crossed her arms and said, "You're wrong. I'm ready for any future. And I'll prove it."

The reflection took a step forward and seemed to grow taller as it did so. Kaida looked up at it, dropping her arms to prepare herself for whatever was happening. The bubble around them seemed to distort into unfamiliar landscapes. The reflection suddenly flashed in a bright light and Kaida covered her eyes before heard the sound of something getting summoned. She brought out her own keyblade and held it up just in time to block. When she looked up at the attacker, her eyes followed the weapon to her attacker covered in a white armor. As soon as she recognized the figure, she was pushed back several feet and fell to the ground.
    No Heart walked a couple steps forward as Kaida quickly stood up to gain her footing as she said, "Really? No Heart? You think I'm scared about facing them?"

No Heart raised a hand up and suddenly Kaida herself become frozen in time. An all too familiar feeling that was no longer welcome as a distorted voice said, "Not quite." as the heavily armored figure walked closer they raised their blade up to attack the defenseless Kaida again before she was saved again by another timed block.

This one was by a familiar, red haired figure.

"Let her go! Your fight is with me!" Aux shouted, blasting No Heart with darkness. The armored figure seemed to stand there and take a couple of Aux's attacks before suddenly thrusting their keyblade forward and stabbing him right through the chest.

Kaida struggled to do anything. Use her keyblade. Cast a spell. Run away. Scream. There was nothing she could do as No Heart summoned away their keyblade and Aux collapsed to the ground. As Aux began to fade away, No Heart walked closer to Kaida and spoke, "You're afraid of everyone losing."

She wanted to object, as she stared over at Aux unable to call out to him. Not able to even cry. Just stuck in frozen horror as No Heart resummoned their keyblade. As they held their blade up again, they were suddenly attacked by a silver-haired man. They were unleashing fast attacks with their blade to try and keep No Heart off guard. Kaida started desperately trying to break out, trying to yell for Beuce to get out of there. As Beuce finally got several attacks through, he seemed to smirk a little bit in confidence as he went in for a large attack. It hit No Heart, or seemed to, before after effects appeared first and No Heart popped up behind him and grabbed his head and all Kaida could hear was a large, swift cracking noise

As he fell, a black haired girl ran in yelling not even using her keyblade at first with tears in her eyes, just her fists as she screamed, "You bastard!" and she immediately got thrown down to the ground as Kel and Luna ran in to help attack and No Heart began to charge up a large magic attack

Stop. Stop!

16. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    At least Faust seemed like he was doing okay. Kel was managing but wasn't entirely calm, meaning she had to figure it out. Slowly Karina knelt down to grab the edges of the boat to stabilize herself. Just as she did, thunder cracked and she dug her nails into the wood. Karina squeezed her eyes shut and breathed in deep. She had to calm down, she had to keep herself there in that moment and stay on the raft. "Just a little longer." She told herself, before looking to the others. "Just a little longer." She shouted over the noise of the waves and the thunder. Karina found herself looking into the water below wondering if they got knocked off if she would be able to swim. But she had swam in some bad situations before. When she returned and they were in that underwater world. Through the wind and the thrashing she spotted her necklace. Right last time she was under water she gave Beuce the necklace. It was of flames. She hadn't thought about it before but it had to be her fire. She had given him something that was a part of her, now she couldn't let that go to waste, she couldn't lose that fire. Karina's eyes suddenly cleared as she found her balance enough to move a little closer to Kel and reach for him. "We are going to do this. You are too strong to not."

17. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

AJBanner.png

He took the rope in hand and swung across. Up ahead he could see that Contestant was crossing a rope bridge over another hole. This bride was different then ones that he had seen before as this one was just one rope over the fall. He could see that after that was some monkey bars. He was now on the other side of death trap and Contestant was just reaching the beginning of the monkey bars.

18. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Ventus did his best to keep the balance going on through the whole ordeal of the obstacle course without trying to slide around so much and not trying to get into anyone's way. The writer has not much to write as she is in a writer's block and wants to go to bed and needs to post.

19. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Whatever level of calmness that Kel generally displayed was teetering on the same edge he was on this raft. Sometimes he had it easy and was able to stay relatively balanced on the raft. Other, much like what had just occurred, they hit a particularly nasty wave that really knocked him off balance. Kel ended up tipping forward enough to almost fall into the water, but the raft rocked the other way which allowed him to regain his balance. Okay, maybe this was going to be harder than he thought. Prior to all this, he's never had any problem with water. Sure he's never been on a boat or really went swimming all too much. Now, it might be something to take into consideration the way this test was currently going. Another crash of thunder, another wave hit, and once more Kel was fighting to keep his balance when Karina had grabbed onto him. After her encouragement, he took in a deep breath mainly to calm the internal struggle before worrying about the external one. "You're right, I can do this." He said and repeated to himself to firmly plant that in his head.

20. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

AJBanner.png

As he chased himself through this course he realized that the one he was chasing was rather Contestant. Swinging across the pit and walking with such balance across the one rope that went over the pits. Where he had to take his time because he almost fell a few times. The other one of him had no problems at all. Contestant reached the monkey bars and made it to the third ring before falling to the ground below. As he reached the monkey bars he jumped down hoping to land on top of the other one of him. At the last moment Contestant rolled out of the way stared to stand up to run off again. he reached out his hand and took a hold of his ankle and Contestant disappeared. He stood up after grabbing the crystal that Contestant dropped he wonder what he should go next and stared walking the castle once again.

(3/7 found) {dedicated, Farsighted, Contestant}