Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Karina hated to admit it, but Kel managed to sneak up on her and startle her while she was lost in thought. "If we are lucky, no one." Karina responded with a tone that seemed like she was trying to make it abundantly clear to Kel that she wasn't actually looking for company, she was just off wandering by her self. Now she didn't know if she would have to be more blunt and spell it out for him or not, but she hoped she didn't. She knew that Kel was doing this in an innocent way, but she couldn't help but find herself annoyed by it all. She needed to figure things out and she didn't think Kel would be of much help in that realm. "So what brings you along?" She added thinking it was possible that there was a reason for this and it didn't just exist to bother her.

2. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Kel had gotten the tone pretty loud and clear thus why he didn't immediately say anything back. Just immediately turning around and going the other way would do, so it seemed like he would have to play through this situation for now. Fortunately, she'd given him an out to this small conundrum. "The whole tournament sounds interesting so I thought I'd tag along with you until I could just break off and go there myself." No sooner than he said that though, two random people walked past them, talking going to said tournament right now while walking in the complete opposite direction they were currently going. "And I now have the feeling that I'm going the wrong way."

3. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Beuce raised an eyebrow at Balthier. The moment he'd handed the compass over, a portal opened up and whisked them immediately to their destination. If they'd waited a few minutes, they could've kept the compass. He sighed in acceptance. They were here, at least
    . "I can't help but feel a little cheated, but it can't be helped. Have fun with the compass. I hope Fran isn't too upset." Beuce said before disembarking from the ship. "Come on, we need to see if the others are around." It seemed like they had the option of either going to the tournament grounds or exploring the nearby town for the moment. Well, at least that was the case until he spotted another ship. An apparently flying pirate ship, no less. Well, if that wasn't suspicious, he didn't have a glass arm. "Hey, anyone up there?" Beuce called out as he walked over.

4. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Wow, Kel was even dumber than she first though. Karina let out a sigh and a shake of her head as Kel came to the realization that he had followed her for no reason at all. To make matters worse, Karina could see two out of place ships starting to approach the world. Well there was the people she claimed to be looking for. Since she couldn't use that as an excuse anymore, Karina supposed she had to go back. Turning around, Karina went towards the oncoming ships, only to see Beuce already walking towards theirs and calling out. For a moment it felt like her heart did something strange and Karina didn't know what to do with it. She stood there for a moment as he got closer to the boat trying to sort out what it was, then realized how stupid she was being. She hated the confusion and awkwardness and she was going to fix it. Karina started marching directly towards Beuce, determination in her eyes as she grabbed his glass arm, not hard enough to damage it but hard enough to make it clear she was trying to get him to follow. "We need to talk." She stated bluntly sounding almost annoyed.

5. Feliex Merlin's Housekeeper

[​IMG]

As Faust found himself traveling once again on this same ship that peter pan had claimed after the old codfish had left behind his thoughts had drifted back to that
    generous showman that he had come across in the caves of that skull rock. till then magic had been merely something wild, instinctive, uncontrolled for the most part for him, granted his old master khan hadn't been one to pursue the arcane arts instead being one to hit fist hard and fast then maybe get a drink after if there was enough time before he found the next victim to stand between him and his drink. This Dr facilier had shown him not one new magic to crack open but two, though even Faust could see a problem in trying to replicate a being like shade given he had no starting point than this 'lousian' place he had mentioned. No Faust instead had picked the first magic the showman had preformed and had set about trying to recreate that novel deck he had seen with the help of shade using some thick paper and inks he had kept on his person. the task had taken him some time mostly as he hadn't seen all the cards in the doctors deck so mostly Faust had spent his time on this voyage coming up with what he had felt would make good symbols and designs on the cards. this magic seemed to use them as a medium anyway so the design probably didn't have to much purpose right? Faust had thought to himself even if they did i could always ask the doctor himself the next time he saw him.

Just as Faust had put the finishing touches on his new 'magic' tool Faust had glanced back over the railing where had been leaning against on the main deck see that they had started to descend over a stunning metropolis that was next to a massive mountain. it seem to be of an older styled world if Faust had to guess like Atlantis place butt much more filled with life. not wanting to wait even a second more before immersing himself in the culture of this new world Faust gripped the railing of the floating ship he was on before mantling over the side of the ship focusing his magic on his feet as he cast one of his aero spells on himself. At the same time of his spell willing shadow shade to clear the dock where he was going to land of the few crates and pots that had been left unknowingly in his wake. upon almost hitting the ground his spell activated cushioning his landing with a slight gush of wind that picked up for a brief second in a momentary personal twister. As Faust had looked around the saw a few of this worlds native residents gazing at him in curiosity and given how this might be the world that the SOS said to meet up in he would have top wait anyway he decided to put on an impromptu version of his act. Taking quick stock of his surroundings he saw an empty cracked pot hat shade had barely moved out of his landing zone Faust hopped onto it while he pulled out a couple of collapsing palm sized balls from his belt and began to juggle while on his precarious perch earn a few claps and smiles from a few onlookers before they continued on with their days.

6. Krowley Moderator

In following suite with Kel, Aux looked to Castur, who was beligerant to stay with for any longer than he had to.

"You should follow her too..." he replied bluntly, walking in the opposite direction. "Just see what you can find out till we find the others..." He continued walking away before yelling back. "And don't touch anything! No more Castur Disasters!" He walked through the crowd of disgruntled world citizens, who were all more or less in a frenzy over some of the local events happening. He looked around to see if he could see anything eye catching, to no avail. The sun was beaming down strongly as he covered his hand in front of his face to keep alert..

As he did, he saw another ship slowly fall into the world from above. It wasn't anything high tech. Just looked like a regular pirate ship that was... glowing for some reason? He chose to follow the ship's trajectory to see where it would land and began hastily chasing it. The ship had already flown back into the air before he had time to question the pilot, but thankfully he saw familiar faces. Kaida and a few others had made it to the world. He approached the group, trying not to exhale too heavily from his lack of cardio.
    "Good... you made it..." He got along well with Kaida, but he was still on unfamilliar terms with Ananta, AJ, and the new masked one.
    "
    His eyes narrowed onto Faust who was juggling.
    "Oh good, the travelling magician puts you guys at five," he nodded. "Castur, Karina, Kel and I made it into the city as well. Not sure about the others yet... Everyone here okay?"

7. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

AJBanner.png

As he thought back to what happened on the trip he thought bag to how calm it had been. Faust had for the most part been playing with cards. He watched as Faust had jumped overboard and into the town below only to start to juggle. As he looked onto town he wondered how a regular pirate ship that they were on had not got attacked yet. As he thought this he could hear someone coming. No sooner then he thought this then Aux was standing there on their ship how he managed to get on was beyond him. 'Good... you made it...' It seemed somewhat odd Aux was glad to see them. He tried not to question it. 'Castur, Karina, Kel and I made it into the city as well. Not sure about the others yet... Everyone here okay?' "So I gather this must be Olympus I was kind of expecting more," he said offhandedly. He was not sure what to say to Aux on one hand he now had someone to talk to as the others had not said much for some time now. "We are fine." He said to Aux. The way Aux said, 'Oh good, the travelling magician puts you guys at five.' made him think. "I am sure the others will show up at some point." He said hopefully. Something seemed different about Aux and he was not sure what it was.

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Kel got the feeling that Karina was even more unimpressed with him, but at this point, the only thing that he could do was stick with this decision of his for now. That lead to him being able to see the two other pirate ships appearing overhead. From where he was standing it was nice to know that the others had gotten to this world safely, even if he couldn't confirm for sure. Technically the only one he did manage to see Beuce, though it was more him being dragged away by Karina and the apparent sheer determination in her eyes that he truly witnessed. Well okay then, that was likely his cue to actually go the right way to where he had originally intended ongoing and he did just that.

9. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Kaida had been noticably out of it since the boss fight. Having not been particularly responsive even if directly confronted. This wasn't new for her, and even after they traveled to this world and were starting to see others again safe, all it did was give her a bit of relief as she stayed silent and pondering. She'd been thinking a lot about Kaizo and thinking probably way more than she should have about the bird comments. Where did this whole bird thing even come from anyway? Kaida got out of it for a moment to look at Aux and asked, "Are you alright? You sound like you're trying to not sound out of shape but I heard that staggered breathing. Did they spit you guys out at a gym?"

10. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Ananta finally hopped off the ship and got a good look around. Seemed like they weren't the only ones who made it. Faust was already running off and juggling. Kaida and Aux came around and Ananta waved to the two of them. She walked forward and nodded to Aux. Kaida asked him if he had been to a gym. Ananta giggled and shook her head. "I'm with Kaida on this one, you look like you ran a lap or two....or ten." she pointed out. "How'd you do in your world Aux?" Ananta knew she didn't know Aux too well, but she wanted to try and be friendly with him. That was her goal in the end. To make friends and save worlds....she was still working on it.

11. Krowley Moderator

Aux rubbed the back of his neck trying not to feel too embarrassed about it. "Yeah this world uhh... has a lot of stairs..."

He looked behind him, and he was right for the most part. The city was littered with temples and gatherings for all sorts of events. The city itself however looked a little rundown. Back to the ladies' curiosity, he thought back to how his last world went. "Well we floating in space... then Castur almost killed us all.... then we were taken by space pirates... then we followed a treasure map to a planet of treasure... and then the planet blew up." He took a brief pause trying to recap anything else. "No that's pretty much it. Ignis decided to stick with em though a that puts our party at thirteen." He folded his arms as he looked to the sky. "I didnt see a third ship arrive yet. Maybe the others havent arrived yet. What happened on your world anyway?"

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  12. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Beuce shouted out to the ship, but it didn't seem like they really heard him. He did hear a few familiar voices though, so that was good. At least he knew they were alright. It had been a while since they were all together. They'd all made it to this world to meet up with Shiro, who they hadn't seen since the Island where they were attacked. This was finally the start of where their counterattack would begin. Before he could really do anything else though, a strong force pulled his arm back behind him. As he turned, he realized Karina had it in a death clutch.

Thankfully it was his glass arm, or else he might've needed a second one of those.
    "Need to talk, do we? Alright. Lead the way." The wielder regained his footing and walked alongside her. Once they were in a properly secluded area, he leaned against the wall and gave a look to the woman who had drug him out here. "So, good to see you too. What can I do you for? I imagine this was more than to ask me what my favorite color was." He listened intently for what she was about to say. "It's purple, by the way."

13. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Karina wasn't really in the mood for Beuce's joking, but mostly because she was trying her best to stay determined and not come up with something else to do instead. Karina waited until they were well out of the way of anyone who she cared that would listen. The random people that paced through Olympus didn't bother her as much as the thought of any of their comrades hearing. Ducking into an ally she scanned the area nervously before deciding it was completely safe to speak. Taking a deep breath and just blurted out what she wanted to say. "How do you know if you like someone? I mean, like, like. I mean love. How do you know if you love someone?" Karina asked sounding near desperate as she did. More desperate than Beuce likely ever heard her sounding before, even in her worst state of health, when she was nearly unconscious from a beating she took. Losing her keyblade had made her desperate, but that form of desperation was something different, she shut down more when that happened. Now she seemed to be reaching out. "I keep getting distracted with trying to figure it out and I can't. I can't help but think about it and it is distracting. I can't be bothered to even pretend to care about the worlds we are in when all my mind wants to do is sort this out." Karina did her best to explain her reasoning before continuing. "And if you tell anyone about this I will make sure you can't speak for quite a while." Karina threatened Beuce as she fought blush down and did so well.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  14. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Beuce wasn't sure what he had been expecting, but it certainly wasn't that. He just stared at her silently for a moment, looking up and down as though to make sure it was still the same Karina that he was talking to and not some dubious impostor sent by No Heart to infiltrate the group. After thoroughly deciding that she was indeed the genuine article, he sighed. "Love, huh? Well lets see...I've only ever been in one such relationship and she's dead. So, I can't exactly say i'm an expert on the subject." He said, scratching the back of his head and trying to collect his thoughts. "I guess i'd say...try not to overthink it? I know that this might sound a little stupid, but love, at least the emotion, isn't very complicated. How you interact with that person might be, sure, but the feeling itself is pure and simple."

He put a finger on the girl's chest momentarily.
    "It's in here. You get so caught up in wondering if that's really what it is you're feeling or not that you end up creating doubt. Instead, just go with what you're feeling. What do you want to do with that person. The first person you think of when you feel happy, and want to share it with them. Deep down, you already know what love feels like. You always did. Your head just won't let you believe it." Beuce sighed. "Or something like that. I dunno. That's what it was like in my experience."

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Karina, the one who could stand up to almost anything without batting an eye seemed shaken. She was ready to raid a Nequa base as clones came after them and she wasn't this unsure. Karina just looked down at her hands trying to figure out how to explain things, by she asked. These generic answers were somewhat helpful, but she didn't think that Beuce fully grasped that she didn't even have the experience of seeing other people in love. "Where I come from, love doesn't matter. You don't love your spouse, at least not when you get married. Marriages are just what pairing would be best to benefit both families most, or in some cases, who would be able to handle the wind non-conformist daughter of the general. Who cared if you loved them, as long as the wife would listen and respect her husband that was all they cared about." She sounded very bitter and resentful when she spoke of the process of marriage in her world, her knuckles were white as she gripped her hands together.
    "You should know by now there is far and few times where I can say that I am truly happen, much less wanting to share it with someone. Those don't help me, but..." Karina trailed off for a moment. She wasn't naturally a bashful person and would rather just get the words out, but even as Karina wanted to be blunt, she found herself blundering a bit, tripping over her words as her chest squeezed tightly. "I haven't stopped thinking about you since you stopped me from leaving so you guys could give me my keyblade back. No one has ever done as much for me as you have Beuce, no one has cared. I doubt most people trying to figure out if they like someone approaches that same person and asks them about the emotion first, but I can't think of another person here I could ask. It is sad I know, but I am not good at this people stuff, so there you have it. There is why I keep getting distracted and what I wanted to say. And for the record now that it is out there, I still don't know what to do about it, but whatever. I will deal with that later." Karina's voice turned to her normal, slightly annoyed voice when she began talking about other people and her inability to talk with them. She still wasn't letting herself get too soft, just enough to get things off her chest, an experience that was rare for her and Beuce was the only person here that really helped with that before.

16. Feliex Merlin's Housekeeper

[​IMG]

After a few minutes of juggling on the old empty pot that he had found Faust had noticed that other members of this members the SOS had started to leave the ships they had traveled on to get to this new world. Aux was talking about the world that he had experienced after their brief stay in giant whale was quite something a world that had been made of treasure a bit of a shame that such a world is now lost to him but such is how the wind blows Faust thought to himself. As Faust was distracted by listing to Aux's brief story he didn't hear a slight crack resound form under his feet as he was turning to face Aux a section of the pot he was standing on collapsed in on it's self causing Faust to fall but first into the new hole of the pot wedging himself firmly in place.
    "Well might have to say I urned a break after that small little act" Faust said mostly to himself as he gave a few slight attempts to remove himself form the pot unsuccessfully while his shadow snickered at his predicament before Faust continued "It might not be as speculator as world you just went to Aux but our world was quite amusing and a little bit embarrassing for me. For a good chuck of our stay there we seemed to have reverted back into our selves years younger though. Then we went searching for the cause of our state of the time only to find it was some pirate or something. Then we flew off on his pirate ship after we fought him off for a bit ending up here after we had found one of those keyhole things had been already closed off. But this world is quite to the place to right? I mean just look at the scale of it." As Faust had recapped what had happened in their world his shadow had finally seemed to have enough of laughing at Faust and seemed to have firmly gripped top pot's shadow before pulling tit apart causing the pot Faust was in to shatter and released him the rest of the way to the ground.

17. Krowley Moderator

Aux nodded along as Faust explained their other worldly escapade. He looked back again as the scale of the world was mentioned. It was definitely vast in size.
    "Yeah... really something when you look at it." He thought again how he mentioned they reverted to a younger age, "Wait... you all got younger?" He turned his head to Kaida and gave a chuckle. "I don't think I can picture you any shorter..."

As this went on, Citzens around the local square were passing out flyers. One of them flew into Aux's face, as he shook his head and ripped it off with his hand. The flyer was hand painted in the local text which read. He read it aloud for the rest to hear.

"COME FIGHT IN THE UNDERBOWL"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HADES invites you to test your skill and see if you can go the distance!
    For one day only, a tournament will be held to test the might of the mightiest warrior in Thebes.
    ~~~~~~~ The Prize is the opportunity of a lifetime! ~~~~~~~

Head to the Coliseum and see Pain and Panic for more details!

Entrance Fee: 1,000 Munny
    REWARD: ONE Get out of Death FREE card, Courtesy of Hades

"Who the heck is Hades?" he asked the group.

-------------------------------------

Over by the Pier, A puff of dark black smoke arose to reveal a tall, grey skinned figure. His eyes were bright yellow, with his teeth, sharp and monstrous. He bore a black toga and a head full of blue flame where is hair would be.
    "Say, you're not my 2 o'clock..." he bluntly said, looking around. "But then again, my sundial's a bit off, so you'll have to forgive my... shall we say 'sudden appearance." He spoke quickly and to the point, moving about them aimlessly with small puffs of dark smoke following him. He looked to see if there were any more of them that left the ship. He seemed more annoyed than curious. "Sheesh, and this is all I gotta work with. Last I heard there were a dozen of you, and now I gotta go out of MY WAY TO HERD A BUNCH OF-" His voice rose for a moment, only for Hades to calm himself back down. "We got off on the wrong foot here." He extended his long, pale hand. "Hades; lord of the dead- Hi, how yah doin?"

18. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Ananta chuckled at the way Aux described his world. "Well, that does sound interesting. Kinda wish I had gone, but eh..." she shrugged. Faust came along and answered Aux's own question about what kind of world they had gone to. She nodded along to his story and watched Aux's reaction. When he initially ignored the fact they had gotten younger, she was a tad surprised. Then he did a double take. "Yeah, we all got shorter and our voices got...like...weird. Wish you could've seen Kaida. She was pretty adorable, even if she cried." Ananta sighed. "Unfortunately for me, I don't cry so easily...or at least I used to not to. Now I'm an emotional mess and an idiot when it comes to reading people's emotions." Ananta had a defeated look for a moment. She rubbed her arm and remembered how she actually needed to figure out how she was ever going to talk to Beuce again. Especially after how stupid she had been acting. Heck, she wasn't even sure if he'd ever speak to her again or give her the time of day. She didn't blame him if they never reconciled.

Looking around, she noticed flyers being handed out. After reading one she was handed, she heard Aux ask who Hades was. "I dunno, but this says underworld....so does that mean...dead people or where evil lurks?" she questioned.

19. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

AJBanner.png

He stood there as Kaida asked Aux If they got spit out at a gym. Aux then said, 'Well we floating in space... then Castur almost killed us all.... then we were taken by space pirates' Why was he not shocked. "Yea well there were pirates on the world we went on too." Faust then said, 'For a good chuck of our stay there we seemed to have reverted back into our selves years younger though. Then we went searching for the cause of our state of the time only to find it was some pirate or something.' He did not think it was as exciting as Faust made it out to be. 'Wait... you all got younger?' "Yes." He wondered what a younger Aux would be like in that moment. Aux then asked, 'I didn't see a third ship arrive yet. Maybe the others havent arrived yet.' "Well I have good news for you I saw two other ships on the way into this pace." 'Who the heck is Hades?' Aux asked the group. He walked over to get a better look at the sign before he could say anything Ananta started talking. 'Wish you could've seen Kaida. She was pretty adorable, even if she cried.' He did not like the way Ananta put Kaida down. He would have said something but He thought that Kaida could stand up for herself. As he looked back to the flyers he sighed. "Well according to stories on my homeworld, which I thought were just stories just like the Well of delight, Which did not even do what it was said to do, Hades is the god of the underworld, lord of the dead. None of this was to be real. Everything changed when I went on this adventure." Looking at the price on the flyer he sighed. "Wait who would pay that sort of munny and even want to bring someone back?" Once someone was gone it was best to leave it that way he thought to himself. What an adventure it was he thought to himself.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  20. Feliex Merlin's Housekeeper

[​IMG]

"well, lady luck tends to take a whole lot more than she gives and some people cant let go of those binding chains when they lose someone."
    Faust pondered in response to AJ as one of the people passing out flyers passed by him taking one of the sheets for himself. "They tend to lay quite a lot more on the line than some coin to get them back. heck i've even heard of people sailing into the nastiest storms back in my old homeworld, trying to get the same results not that they achieved them to my knowledge." Faust scratching his head as he pondered the writing on the flyer more. if someone could bring back the dead though it would be quite the sight to see. there wasn't anyone that Faust wante brought back but it wouldn't be too bad to have a chance to study such a thing or maybe have a get out of death free card form such a being.

turning back to the aux and the others with a carefree smile on his face as he tucked the flyer into his vest
    " Oh to one other thing to consider AJ is that the barriers between worlds seem pretty lax at times so it's not to impossible that this Hades guy might have visited your world for a tick sometime in your world's history. Such a thing is something I've been thinking about since i started bouncing between worlds myself would explain some of the outlandish tales i grew up with myself." Faust stated pondering in response to AJ before turning to Aux and Ananta giving them a small bow as he said "Well aux if you or the others need me i'll be heading off to this tourny thing if you need me. The offer this Hades guy is giving seems like quite the sight to see so I'll be seeing you guys later"